Why Does Every Pill that...

Part-Time Chad

Part-Time Chad

Master
... treats depression, mood disorders, anxiety, or improves 'brain focus', cause sexual side effects?? Every. Damn. One. Of. Them. Even the 'herbal' supplements are guilty of this shit.

Why is this necessary? Why must any pill that treats these conditions have to include sexual side effects?? It's like they're all cut from the same cloth.

This is what I'm taking now. It's classified as a "nootropic". If you've seen the movie Limitless, it's supposed to be a (much) milder version of NZT:

But after 4 days of taking these pills, my libido is lower than ever, and when I do manage to masturbate, it's less pleasurable, and my ejaculation is also inhibited. It's frustrating. And, no, I don't feel any positive effects (yet?).

I don't know what benefit any pill could provide that would make it worth giving up your sexual desire. It actually defeats the whole purpose of why I take these pills in the first place, which is to become more outgoing and able to pursue pussy. It's like there's no such thing as free lunch, not even in medicine. You can't win.

• +1
Reactions: wsada, Richard_Hungwell and mvp2v1
Yeah, I dunno...

I tried an SSRI antidepressant and noticed I had developed erectile dysfunction within a couple hours of taking my first pill (I couldn't stay hard and it took a very long time and sustained effort to climax). I also couldn't get headaches anymore and they reduced my appetite quite a lot. They completely blunted my emotions too...I felt like a robot. I could hear some terrible news and think, "Oh well..." and not be phased at all. I took these pills for 6 days and the side effects didn't fully go away until like a few weeks after I stopped taking them. (It was either a few weeks or over a month or something...I can't remember exactly).

I guess there are tradeoffs with pretty much anything.

I'd rather be mentally ill and still have a normal functioning body and emotions (even if they're unpleasant). If my mental health was worse and I was actively suicidal every single day, I would consider taking them again though...because they do work. They do calm down the mind if you're extremely emotionally disturbed. It's just the side effects are so severe that my mental state would have to be very severe to warrant taking them again.

I'm balding now also and I'm too scared to try finasteride for the same reason.

Alcohol for depression makes me sick.

Food for depression makes me fat.

Nothing really seems worth it in the long-term.

I do enjoy my caffeine though...that's about it. It's the only drug I've found is worth it long-term where you can take it regularly and the good outweighs the bad for me. I'd probably consume marijuana too if it didn't make me so anxious/paranoid since it's legal where I live.

Sometimes you just gotta try a few things and figure out where "this is as good as it gets for me, probably" and then stick with that. That's what I'm doing anyways. I just try to be grateful for what I have.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: wsada
You shouldn't treat this shit with pills anyway its bad for the soul

• +1
Reactions: wsada
Yeah, I dunno...

I tried an SSRI antidepressant and noticed I had developed erectile dysfunction within a couple hours of taking my first pill (I couldn't stay hard and it took a very long time and sustained effort to climax). I also couldn't get headaches anymore and they reduced my appetite quite a lot. They completely blunted my emotions too...I felt like a robot. I could hear some terrible news and think, "Oh well..." and not be phased at all. I took these pills for 6 days and the side effects didn't fully go away until like a few weeks after I stopped taking them. (It was either a few weeks or over a month or something...I can't remember exactly).

I guess there are tradeoffs with pretty much anything.

I'd rather be mentally ill and still have a normal functioning body and emotions (even if they're unpleasant). If my mental health was worse and I was actively suicidal every single day, I would consider taking them again though...because they do work. They do calm down the mind if you're extremely emotionally disturbed. It's just the side effects are so severe that my mental state would have to be very severe to warrant taking them again.

I'm balding now also and I'm too scared to try finasteride for the same reason.

Alcohol for depression makes me sick.

Food for depression makes me fat.

Nothing really seems worth it in the long-term.

I do enjoy my caffeine though...that's about it. It's the only drug I've found is worth it long-term where you can take it regularly and the good outweighs the bad for me. I'd probably consume marijuana too if it didn't make me so anxious/paranoid since it's legal where I live.

Sometimes you just gotta try a few things and figure out where "this is as good as it gets for me, probably" and then stick with that. That's what I'm doing anyways. I just try to be grateful for what I have.
Idk why the majority of meds are even on the market, tbh. Unless they're used for life-threatening conditions, none of their benefits are worth the side effects. I mean, would you rather be a little depressed and anxious, and be able to sleep, get hard and ejaculate, or would you rather blunt the feeling of depression and anxiety and suffer insomnia (which is not sustainable) and impotence? It's a no-brainer.

• +1
Reactions: Richard_Hungwell
Wait a minute. You're advising against using well established, regulated drugs for depression and anxiety, implying that they're dangerous, yet you then turn around and suggest I try "DMT", whose safety and efficacy is very questionable?? 💀

• JFL
Idk why the majority of meds are even on the market, tbh. Unless they're used for life-threatening conditions, none of their benefits are worth the side effects. I mean, would you rather be a little depressed and anxious, and be able to sleep, get hard and ejaculate, or would you rather blunt the feeling of depression and anxiety and suffer insomnia (which is not sustainable) and impotence? It's a no-brainer.
I agree. I try to be on as few medications as possible...especially optional medications.
Bro...psychedelics can help some people, but they can also fuck up other people wayyyy worse than how they were before. It's like playing Russian roulette with your brain.

Last edited:
I agree. I try to be on as few medications as possible...especially optional medications.

Bro...psychedelics can help some people, but they can also fuck up other people wayyyy worse than how they were before. It's like playing Russian roulette with your brain.
Gotta play to win

• Hmm...