Why does my Ortho say I can only get upper jaw surgery?

bignosesmallchin

bignosesmallchin

World domination
I recently went to see an ortho for the first time ever, within a couple minutes of seeing her I asked if I am a candidate for jaw surgery and she said yes. I asked if I would be getting double jaw surgery and she said she thinks I will only get upper jaw surgery, she says I have an underbite (pics of bite and profile below), but my teeth touch each other when I bite down, my lower teeth do not protrude and my chin is also still recessed, so it’s a weird type of class 3 that I do not understand.

She says if I get the lower jaw advanced, the upper jaw will need to come more forward and it will give me flared nostrils and a “lion like” face, I did not mention getting bimax ccw to her, because I forgot to mention ccw, which is what I want because it will give me the best results aesthetically. So I don’t know if ccw would produce a different outcome or not.

But as far as I know now, keep in mind I have not spoken to a surgeon yet, she thinks I can only have upper jaw surgery, which I honestly think would make me look worse as my chin would appear even more recessed.

Ideally, I would want bimax ccw, with mid face implants, genio, and possibly a rhinoplasty, this would ascend me the most in my opinion

Can anyone explain to me why I can’t have bimax? It doesn’t seem right. Do you think maybe I can’t have bimax by itself, but could have bimax ccw? Ccw would improve me the most

Pics of my profile, my profile morphed, and my bite below

Morph is me with bimax ccw, genio, rhino, and mid face implants.

Attachments

• 282AEDAB-F506-41BC-8A63-2E551CF8CD33.png
    282AEDAB-F506-41BC-8A63-2E551CF8CD33.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 30FA53D6-9470-48F8-AA4F-7A42556BC467.png
    30FA53D6-9470-48F8-AA4F-7A42556BC467.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • E33C3CC0-7681-413D-BCE4-DB5697A07709.jpeg
    E33C3CC0-7681-413D-BCE4-DB5697A07709.jpeg
    398.4 KB · Views: 0
bro get invisalign or something your teeth are so inward tilting

I recently went to see an ortho for the first time ever, within a couple minutes of seeing her I asked if I am a candidate for jaw surgery and she said yes. I asked if I would be getting double jaw surgery and she said she thinks I will only get upper jaw surgery, she says I have an underbite (pics of bite and profile below), but my teeth touch each other when I bite down, my lower teeth do not protrude and my chin is also still recessed, so it’s a weird type of class 3 that I do not understand.

She says if I get the lower jaw advanced, the upper jaw will need to come more forward and it will give me flared nostrils and a “lion like” face, I did not mention getting bimax ccw to her, because I forgot to mention ccw, which is what I want because it will give me the best results aesthetically. So I don’t know if ccw would produce a different outcome or not.

But as far as I know now, keep in mind I have not spoken to a surgeon yet, she thinks I can only have upper jaw surgery, which I honestly think would make me look worse as my chin would appear even more recessed.

Ideally, I would want bimax ccw, with mid face implants, genio, and possibly a rhinoplasty, this would ascend me the most in my opinion

Can anyone explain to me why I can’t have bimax? It doesn’t seem right. Do you think maybe I can’t have bimax by itself, but could have bimax ccw? Ccw would improve me the most

Pics of my profile, my profile morphed, and my bite below

Morph is me with bimax ccw, genio, rhino, and mid face implants.
She's probably just not very based, I recommend going with another surgeon who has a big focus on aesthetics (Probably want to go privately because then the Surgeon will do as you ask), it usually takes a while to find a surgeon who sees eye to eye with you. A lot of normies are scared of major surgery so will only do the bare minimum, They don't want to risk stuff for astetics.

Your chin is definitely recessed and you could probably benefit from advancement of the mandible. If you don't get that done your face will probably look worse like you said more recessed.

• +1
Reactions: Vasco-v2 and Adonis
u have a protruding lower lip, the surgeon is right. u only need chin + maxilla work