Why don't you browmaxx? (pictures; microblading)

D

Diremeyer

Bronze
Browmaxxing. Girls do it. It works. Why don't YOU? Common objection is it'll look like Marge after the makeup shotgun. Totally overblown. Totally gay.

But nah. You should get it UNDERNEATH your current brow. In moderation. Like this:

Attachments

• paulruddgifbrowmax.gif
    paulruddgifbrowmax.gif
    1 MB · Views: 199
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Adriana Lima
Its not about the brow hair. Its about the shape and projection of the brow bone.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, ChristianChad, Deleted member 10615 and 3 others
Because my eyebrows are already too thick and I don't need more or it will be a looksmin

i'm pretty sure 90% of people on here are eyebrowmaxxing

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, AscendingHero, Deleted member 10615 and 1 other person
Dang it's over 30 minutes since posting if you're here moderator can you replace the youtube video link with this?

Its not about the brow hair. Its about the shape and projection of the brow bone.

Yeah it's about the shape and you would microblade to ACCENTUATE the best shape. You can easily see how your eyebrows would look better by downloading faceapp and see where they make the eyebrows darker. That's the place you'd want to microblade.

Because my eyebrows are already too thick and I don't need more or it will be a looksmin
Bully for you
i'm pretty sure 90% of people on here are eyebrowmaxxing
Yeah but they are doing something that requires a daily or weekly routine, and that might work well, but microblading is a once off, that might work together with their current routine.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14323
Yeah but they are doing something that requires a daily or weekly routine, and that might work well, but microblading is a once off, that might work together with their current routine
But you have to get it every 12 months or so.
And what’s about scar tissue which could build up? Is it completely safe?

• +1
Reactions: Diremeyer
Dang it's over 30 minutes since posting if you're here moderator can you replace the youtube video link with this?

lmao he needs to go way darker than that

• +1
But you have to get it every 12 months or so.
And what’s about scar tissue which could build up? Is it completely safe?
Good question, and I looked it up.

Microblading scars are not pleasant. Unfortunately due to the sudden influx of microblading’s popularity, it’s no surprise the increased demand also introduced a surge of underqualified artists microblading gone wrong stories. The increase of microblading has also led to the misnomer that microblading scars are inevitable. The short answer is: If the technique is done properly at the correct depth, then no microblading will not cause scarring (source)

That quote is likely biased, but I think scarring is related to how skilled the SMP artist is. I guess a way to gauge whether one would get scars is do a couple lines of microblading at another part of the body with thin skin and some hair, such as the underarm.

And yeah you'd have to do it every year or so. Something like that. That doesn't bother me. But I don't know how it would look if you just stopped. If there would be some faded non-good-looking color left there. I assume it's anyway covered by regular eye brow hairs, but nonetheless it's something worth checking out.

lmao he needs to go way darker than that
I completely agree but it's better than nothing. But the less color the more natural. So I'd say less is more.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14543
I am not sure what wereqryan means. But if you're working with your current eyebrows, the SHAPE is key. Small subtle changes can have a yuge impact. It's just to download Faceapp, choose the Hollywood filter and see pictures of your face, before and after. The tiny eyebrow changes Faceapp does (just where the eyebrows appear denser) is a massive looksmax.

I am not sure what wereqryan means. But if you're working with your current eyebrows, the SHAPE is key. Small subtle changes can have a yuge impact. It's just to download Faceapp, choose the Hollywood filter and see pictures of your face, before and after. The tiny eyebrow changes Faceapp does (just where the eyebrows appear denser) is a massive looksmax.
No way to replicate it though. I used minoxidil for a year then dyed them black and still not even close to the hollywood filter. They're like 5-10% better than they were a year ago. They need to be longer, lower set, with an positive outer arch. The only solution is an eyebrow transplant.

Hollywood filter also protrudes your browridge which has a huge effect as well.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Diremeyer
No way to replicate it though. I used minoxidil for a year then dyed them black and still not even close to the hollywood filter. They're like 5-10% better than they were a year ago. They need to be longer, lower set, with an positive outer arch. The only solution is an eyebrow transplant.

Hollywood filter also protrudes your browridge which has a huge effect as well.

I've dyed them too. It ain't close to the Hollywood filter. For me dying didn't help before they were dyed ALL OVER, so the whole eyebrows became darker hence I didn't get that lowered v-shape you get from the Hollywood filter. And I agree what you said about the browridge, and the hollywood filter also makes the eyes less girly.

But the eyebrows. Isolate them. And see how they're different original picture vs. Hollywood filter. They're lower yeah. Slightly. But the filter also cause an illusion of lowering them by giving the lowest eyebrow strands a darker deeper color. That's something you can do with microblading. Same goes for emphasizing eyebrow strands that give a slight v-shape. Slight. The devil is in the details.

How to do this? Take a picture of yourself. Large format. Print it. Print a similar picture with the Hollywood filter. Bring it to a SMP artist and ask them to draw (with a pencil) on the original photo, to make it resemble the Faceapp eyebrows. If they can manage that, and it looks great, they can most definitely manage to microblade killer eyebrows.

If you're comfortable with it you could post a cropped picture showing only your eyebrows. It would be interesting to see how they could be enhanced.

Browmaxxing is good however can only do so much. Browridge or orbitals is more important.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 399, Deleted member 7725 and 1 other person
I might do this, but worried it will look fake or gay

• +1
Reactions: A23ghskung, Deleted member 7725 and Diremeyer
You will see the real result before choosing to microblade it. This is always the process:
Drawing with pencil and outlining. This process involves drawing on your eyebrows with a pencil a rough sketch just to have an idea on how the new chosen brow style is going to fit in. the drawn sketch is just temporary and also it has a deeper color, this should not make you nervous because it can just be removed. After the drawing part, the beautician will do the outlining with the pigment, this is done so because once the numbing cream gets applied the pencil can be pulled off, and this can make it hard to do the actual microblading inaccurate. (source)
To get more masculine brows you should ask to have the hair strands underneath current hair. It will look thicker and more masculine, and if done proper a girl could lie centimeters from your face, studying your eyes and eyebrows and never notice anything but thick good looking brows.

• +1
Reactions: A23ghskung
You will see the real result before choosing to microblade it. This is always the process:

To get more masculine brows you should ask to have the hair strands underneath current hair. It will look thicker and more masculine, and if done proper a girl could lie centimeters from your face, studying your eyes and eyebrows and never notice anything but thick good looking brows.
Yeah, I agree it can definitely help with thickness but shape and length are where most people's issues are. Adding hairs where you currently don't have any will look uncanny. For me, hollywood filter makes them longer and a little lowerset, which microblading can't emulate.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
I might do this, but worried it will look fake or gay
Yeah, that's my fear. Also wouldn't want to show up to a salon as a grown ass man and ask for someone to do my eyebrows :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Too embarrassing and gay.

• Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: A23ghskung and Danish_Retard
Yeah, that's my fear. Also wouldn't want to show up to a salon as a grown ass man and ask for someone to do my eyebrows :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Too embarrassing and gay.
I can see why going to a microblaiding places makes you feel kinda gay when most of the people who are in their are women

• +1
Reactions: A23ghskung, Danish_Retard and Deleted member 7725
I can see why going to a microblaiding places makes you feel kinda gay when most of the people who are in their are women
Yeah, I'd be fine with it if I can find a straight masculine guy who does microblading. Same with perms, too embarrassed to walk into a salon filled with attractive women as a 6'7" grown man and ask for a perm JFL.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: A23ghskung and Phillybeard1996
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725
Yeah, I'd be fine with it if I can find a straight masculine guy who does microblading. Same with perms, too embarrassed to walk into a salon as a 6'7" grown man and ask for a perm JFL.
Bro I went to a store a bought eyelash curlers I felt gay af being in that section

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: A23ghskung, AscendingHero and Deleted member 7725
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Deleted member 10615
Yeah, I agree it can definitely help with thickness but shape and length are where most people's issues are. Adding hairs where you currently don't have any will look uncanny. For me, hollywood filter makes them longer and a little lowerset, which microblading can't emulate.
Interesting. Longer as in each hair strand looking longer, or longer as extending beyond the current brows thus covering naked skin?

I have studied my own face with FaceApp (and Perfect365 which is a great addition), and I see my eyebrows look more lowset with the filter. But it's twofold. One is the filter actually lowering them ever-so-slightely, and the other thing the filter does is add dark color to the bottom of the brows, creating an illusion that they're more low set. The latter microblading could do. But do try Perfect365. I actually use it for Insta sometimes, and it's a great tool to see how the eyebrows could've looked.

Interesting. Longer as in each hair strand looking longer, or longer as extending beyond the current brows thus covering naked skin?

I have studied my own face with FaceApp (and Perfect365 which is a great addition), and I see my eyebrows look more lowset with the filter. But it's twofold. One is the filter actually lowering them ever-so-slightely, and the other thing the filter does is add dark color to the bottom of the brows, creating an illusion that they're more low set. The latter microblading could do. But do try Perfect365. I actually use it for Insta sometimes, and it's a great tool to see how the eyebrows could've looked.
Medially longer towards the nose bridge, like this (short -> long):

Image0 10 1
Image1 2 1

Yeah, I'd be fine with it if I can find a straight masculine guy who does microblading. Same with perms, too embarrassed to walk into a salon filled with attractive women as a 6'7" grown man and ask for a perm JFL.

Lolz. I go the hair dresser and he gives flowery compliments, totally gay, and I flirt back, totally gay. It's 2021 boyos. It's okay to be gay!

Bro I went to a store a bought eyelash curlers I felt gay af being in that section
hahah that I see

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Phillybeard1996 and Deleted member 7725
@LooksAllOver get it, that's hard to tweak yeah. I wouldn't try either with HT or SMP that part.

Nope I don't. If I were to have a solution it would be to work around it. Wear glasses, wear sunglasses, wear ... Maybe some stubble would draw attention to that hair instead. That said I think you're good, much better than most, so the medial stuff is no biggie if it elsewise grows free.

The huge advantage with microblading, besides that it's low maintenance, is that it gives superb control over WHERE the new eyebrows should be beneath the current. Look at the ones below. Every one of them is below the original eyebrows, but their shapes are different and that's the beauty of microblading. You can contour and get whatever shape you wish. High precision.

Ezgifcom gif maker

Guide — How to get a perfect result microblading

1. You'd want positive tilted brows. They usually look most masculine, and microblading is used for this. How is this done? You add density to the lower medial part of your eyebrows, and the upper distal part. You can see various brows in the simulation below. Some look DOM, some look more meh.

Ezgifcom gif maker 1

Note that in that morph some hair microblading is done outside the current brows. That's something you'd want to keep to a bare minimum, preferably none. The morphs above is done with the app Perfect365. You should download that and find the morph YOU LIKE BEST.

2. How to choose the right microblader. Book an appointment to TALK. Begin by PRINTING a non-retouched portrait of yourself on paper, and print the morph. Then bring those to sheets of paper to the microblader. Ask the microblader he thinks it's feasible to make such a brow naturally. Yes or no. And also you can ask him to use a pencil and DRAW on the original paper print, and see how close he can make it to the morph. Why do this? Well, old habits die hard and most microbladers' favorite brow is something like Marge after the makeup shotgun. If they are not carefully instructed to make something else, they'd make the said makeup shotgun.

3. Now book a trial appointment with the microblader. EVERYONE who microblades does this. He would then draw on your skin with a pencil and outline the brows (this will go away, this is not microblading). You would then choose whether you like this. Don't proceed if you don't like it.

4. Now it's microblading. You could ask the microblade artist to use like 50 % of the needed hair strands to achieve the morph you have selected. It would look hella lot better then the original brows even if not reaching the level of the morph. And then later, like a month later, ask to refill the brows reaching the full 100 % of the morph.

5. Posts your results here!
Research before the procedure. If you live in a city go to Google Reviews and compare all the microbladers in the city. Visit to at least 2-3 of them and ask whatever you want to know about their work. Ask about pigment matching. Ask about scarring (skilled artists do it so lightly there isn't scars). Ask if they've done natural brows on men before. Ask if it's easy to remove if you're not satisfied. Ask whether previous customers have removed them with success. If you're still wary of trying microblading you could ask them to do like a "patch test" (to see how natural the hair they draw are, how suited their pigment is, you could ask for a patch test at a place like on your hairy arms, to draw 4-5 hair strands there. Most like it'll be so natural you cannot see them, and if so that's a success).

Last edited:
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8771, Preoximerianas, DEFAULT and 1 other person
Guide — How to get a perfect result microblading

1. You'd want positive tilted brows. They usually look most masculine, and microblading is used for this. How is this done? You add density to the lower medial part of your eyebrows, and the upper distal part. You can see various brows in the simulation below. Some look DOM, some look more meh.

View attachment 1319151

Note that in that morph some hair microblading is done outside the current brows. That's something you'd want to keep to a bare minimum, preferably none. The morphs above is done with the app Perfect365. You should download that and find the morph YOU LIKE BEST.

2. How to choose the right microblader. Book an appointment to TALK. Begin by PRINTING a non-retouched portrait of yourself on paper, and print the morph. Then bring those to sheets of paper to the microblader. Ask the microblader he thinks it's feasible to make such a brow naturally. Yes or no. And also you can ask him to use a pencil and DRAW on the original paper print, and see how close he can make it to the morph. Why do this? Well, old habits die hard and most microbladers' favorite brow is something like Marge after the makeup shotgun. If they are not carefully instructed to make something else, they'd make the said makeup shotgun.

3. Now book a trial appointment with the microblader. EVERYONE who microblades does this. He would then draw on your skin with a pencil and outline the brows (this will go away, this is not microblading). You would then choose whether you like this. Don't proceed if you don't like it.

4. Now it's microblading. You could ask the microblade artist to use like 50 % of the needed hair strands to achieve the morph you have selected. It would look hella lot better then the original brows even if not reaching the level of the morph. And then later, like a month later, ask to refill the brows reaching the full 100 % of the morph.

5. Posts your results here!
Research before the procedure. If you live in a city go to Google Reviews and compare all the microbladers in the city. Visit to at least 2-3 of them and ask whatever you want to know about their work. Ask about pigment matching. Ask about scarring (skilled artists do it so lightly there isn't scars). Ask if they've done natural brows on men before. Ask if it's easy to remove if you're not satisfied. Ask whether previous customers have removed them with success. If you're still wary of trying microblading you could ask them to do like a "patch test" (to see how natural the hair they draw are, how suited their pigment is, you could ask for a patch test at a place like on your hairy arms, to draw 4-5 hair strands there. Most like it'll be so natural you cannot see them, and if so that's a success).
Aren't positive tilted eyebrows also ideal on women also? Idk if its a masculine trait but its def ideal in both sexes

• +1
@Phillybeard1996 It depends on the woman. Some women like to look submissive and pliable. Another thing with female vs. male eyebrows is women often like to put emphasis on the upper part of the brow, to make them appear higher up and for this reason women often pluck the lower part of their brows. Whether this actually looks best is another question. I am leaning towards what you're saying, that slightly positive tilted brows look best for both sexes. Anyways the reason men looksmax with lower brows is it looks like you've got more bone protecting your eyes. Bone protecting the eyes means really a genotype that's made to fight and dominate and not get one's eyes punched out. Anyways, positive tilted eyebrows is best in most instances. But everyone should try for themselves. Download Perfect365 and find the most suited brows.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Phillybeard1996
wtf is microblading? eye brow tattoos?

• +1
semipermanent eyebrow tattoos yeah

This is done with microblading

Eyebrows

It would look even better if the dude instructed the microblade artist to draw on fewer new hair strands, and prioritize the eyebrows lower medially, upper distally. Even though the microblade artist went outside his current brows it looks natural. But still I stand by my advice of limiting such hairs to the utmost minimum, and less is more. But hella good result regardless, and thanks to @Deusmaximus for posting ITT.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8771
Microblading and dyeing differs substantially.

Having thick eyebrows = dude has thick eyebrows
Having illusion of positive tilt = dude has dom personality

The latter is best achieved with microblading, as you have perfect control and can choose to double down on lower medially and upper distally. And it looks more natural as well. Microblading looks more natural than hair dye.

And no fear the microblade. You can always see the results before choosing to proceed, as they make it temporary first, and then you may or may not choose to make it semipermanent. So it's no risk. If you don't like their style, wipe it off.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • +1