Why ESR is overrated, and why MFR is more important

Futura

Futura

1 PSL
ESR is often regarded as one of the most important ratios in this site, i don't think it's a completely meaningless ratio but it's overrated and the ideal ratio isn't the same on everyone

MFR is a better way to identify eye spacing

ESR is overrated at indentifying if eyes are close/wide set because the midface ratio is what actually matters
Just look at Marko Jaric vs Charlie Kirk, you would probably think Jaric has closer set eyes right?

Download 1

Kirk charlie image

WRONG, jaric has a 0.4 esr while kirk's ESR is 0.38 (JFL)

Another example is how barret's eyes actually look pretty wide set even tho his esr is low (0.435)
GettyImages 1151276685

This brings me to my next point

People with high posterior facial depth usually have a lower ESR (Drago, Barret, Stepanov etc)

SInce the distance between the ear and the lateral canthus is higher, the sides of the face look longer and in a front picture the increased length is flattened, causing the eyes to look closer together, this is especially true if the person has prominent cheekbones (barret in the pic above for example)

Downloadfile5

Now compare it to chico who isn't as forward grown and has non existent zygos

2991393 images   2022 06 15T081305362

This basically means the more forward grown you are the more you can afford to have a lower esr (YOU STILL NEED AN IDEAL MFR)

Obviously IPD still matters since it's what determines your MFR

TLDR
ESR is overrated, MFR is what actually makes eyes look close or far set and forward growth influences how your eye spacing is percieved

• +1
Reactions: valentine, mathis, RapeAllFemales and 7 others
Cool. What is MFR, how do you calculate it?

• +1
Reactions: counterintuitive and thecel
what is the lowest you can go with ipd measurements

• +1
Reactions: thecel
what is the lowest you can go with ipd measurements
Anything under 62 -63 mm is subhuman trait even if you have ideal ESR becoz it means you are skullcel .

I have never taken seriously ESR is too vague as ratio also influenced by bigonial width

ESR is often regarded as one of the most important ratios in this site, i don't think it's a completely meaningless ratio but it's overrated and the ideal ratio isn't the same on everyone

ESR is overrated at indentifying if eyes are close/wide set because the midface ratio is what actually matters
Just look at Marko Jaric vs Charlie Kirk, you would probably think Jaric has closer set eyes right?

View attachment 3173738
View attachment 3173737

Another example is how barret's eyes actually look pretty wide set even tho his esr is low (0.435)
View attachment 3173757

People with high posterior facial depth usually have a lower ESR (Drago, Barret, Stepanov etc)

SInce the distance between the ear and the lateral canthus is higher, the sides of the face look longer and in a front picture the increased length is flattened, causing the eyes to look closer together, this is especially true if the person has prominent cheekbones (barret in the pic above for example)

View attachment 3173788

View attachment 3173801

This basically means the more forward grown you are the more you can afford to have a lower esr (YOU STILL NEED AN IDEAL MFR)

TLDR
ESR is overrated, MFR is what actually makes eyes look close or far set and forward growth influences how your eye spacing is percieved
tye on wider skulls, but on longer ones this doesnt and cant apply

Everything matters

View attachment 3173738
View attachment 3173737

View attachment 3173757

View attachment 3173788

View attachment 3173801

TLDR
so what’s the end goal of this thread