Why having morals as an atheist is important

D

Deleted member 21467

The life of despair is too much to bare
Context: he made a thread about whats the point of having morals besides ego stroking

The point isn’t to stroke your ego the point of having morals after the fact of not believing in god is to create balance in your life. Anyone who practices morals,
9 times out of ten they are confused, confused with how their lives work, confused with why they aren’t getting certain results in life.

I saw a youtube comment that really peaked my interest. The commenter explained the idea that all philosophy is pointless, and that one should have morals because they themselves choose to have them.

I thought this was interesting because generally, when someone tells you to stop following a religion like Christianity as it’s deemed cope to them, they usually try to get you to conform to another idea. Kind of like how people say that the bluepill or redpill is cope and they try to get you to conform to the blackpill.

I notice that religion is prominent everywhere, even in rappers, which is ironic in itself that rappers (who glorify all sorts of hedonistic pleasure) usually have pentagram or cross tattoos on them.

Here‘s why the blackpill works, it’s based on the grounds of reality. Everything in which the blackpill believes in, has scientific research. It‘s not the only philosophy like this, but it is the most prominent one.

Most people think that they need a sort of spiritual connection in life in order to grant them the things they want in return. If you think that way, you will cause suffering.

That’s why having morals is important even as a non religious person, because you will have an overall better life, unless you’re a fucking slave in a bird cage.

• +1
Reactions: turkproducer
Sankarat

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21467 and MisantropeBoy
How do you derive a moral standard without an objective moral giver that isn't just arbitrary to the society

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21467
How do you derive a moral standard without an objective moral giver that isn't just arbitrary to the society
Cognitive development looking for peace, equality, justice... on behalf of everyone.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21467 and SubhumanCurrycel
Cognitive development looking for peace, equality, justice... on behalf of everyone.
The first part makes sense from a standpoint of self preservation.
Equality being touted as a moral value is relatively recent in humanities history and is not an unchanging fact of the world.
Justice is highly subjective based on the culture and its values

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21467 and Deleted member 8365
The first part makes sense from a standpoint of self preservation.
Equality being touted as a moral value is relatively recent in humanities history and is not an unchanging fact of the world.
Justice is highly subjective based on the culture and its values
Well that means that the justice system shouldn't be based on the subjectivity of someones culture and values.

Im not sure what u mean by unchanging fact of the world, though.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21467 and SubhumanCurrycel
Morals don't exist. Do whatever you can to thrive.

• +1
I agree, but good luck convincin braindead zoomers who were bullied in the past to become good people.

it is impossible

• +1