Why I don't believe the "Depression is genetics" cope

AlexAP

AlexAP

Kraken
In the last decades, depression and anxiety has risen sharply. How could this be the case if depression is genetics? Did we experience a genetic mutation in the world that lead to more depression?

Of course not. The reason is that there are more diagnoses today. There are more therapists and they want to have more patients, so they diagnose everyone with bad mood as depressed. Especially with women.

And real depression is caused by real-life events. Especially with men. If depression has risen among men, it's because they have a worse life than before, not because of a genetic mutation.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15099, Indiana Evans, Deleted member 3828 and 8 others
its diet and lifestyle

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Indiana Evans, Deleted member 5189, AlwaysHaveQuestions and 5 others
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14262, Deleted member 15099, Indiana Evans and 13 others
Nah I don't think so, it's the loneliness and lack of purpose that many men are feeling today.
why are they lonely? because of their forced lifestyle of living in a sick society

• +1
Reactions: Indiana Evans, Deleted member 15406 and n0rthface
Lacking metabolism @kjsbdfiusdf

• +1
Reactions: Indiana Evans, CupOfCoffee, AlwaysHaveQuestions and 1 other person
Depression is caused by loneliness, which is caused by being ugly. Depression in anyone aside from ugly men is a lie.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 14543, spark, fogdart and 7 others
What people mean with depression is genetics is that some people are more genetically blessed to deal with a lack of life quality than others.

Example: I know plenty of incels in my STEM uni IRL that don't seem to be all that bothered by the fact they are kissless virgins at the age of 25. How do they cope? I don't know. Genes I guess.

The reason we have more depressed people, is because life quality has decreased sharply, especially for men.

But the reason why you are depressed, and not your peers in a compareable situation, is because they are genetically wired to cope better/differently.

• +1
Reactions: Indiana Evans, Deleted member 3828, Looks234 and 3 others
My father and mother somehow are never depressed even though they never travel, never do anything exciting basically, its very wierd tbh, my father is somehow only happy while the only thing he does for decades is work as a taxi driver, wierd tbh, i would go eR

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, fras and Edgar
What people mean with depression is genetics is that some people are more genetically blessed to deal with a lack of life quality than others.

Example: I know plenty of incels in my STEM uni IRL that don't seem to be all that bothered by the fact they are kissless virgins at the age of 25. How do they cope? I don't know. Genes I guess.

The reason we have more depressed people, is because life quality has decreased sharply, especially for men.

But the reason why you are depressed, and not your peers in a compareable situation, is because they are genetically wired to cope better/differently.
I guess they find joy in other things. How many things in life give you joy? If there's nothing, I can understand you're depressed.

And if a STEMcel genuinely loves STEMceling, I can understand that they're not depressed.

• +1
Reactions: fras, Deleted member 275 and Deleted member 8853
In the last decades, depression and anxiety has risen sharply. How could this be the case if depression is genetics? Did we experience a genetic mutation in the world that lead to more depression?

Of course not. The reason is that there are more diagnoses today. There are more therapists and they want to have more patients, so they diagnose everyone with bad mood as depressed. Especially with women.

And real depression is caused by real-life events. Especially with men. If depression has risen among men, it's because they have a worse life than before, not because of a genetic mutation.
Genes gave me a recessed maxilla which in turn leads me to depression

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 14543
My father and mother somehow are never depressed even though they never travel, never do anything exciting basically, its very wierd tbh, my father is somehow only happy while the only thing he does for decades is work as a taxi driver, wierd tbh, i would go eR
I would guess they're happy with how their lifes turned out. Older people often live through their memories and vicariously through their kids.

• +1
Reactions: fras and TsarTsar444
Nah I don't think so, it's the loneliness and lack of purpose that many men are feeling today.
its balding and the lack of getting pussy

I would guess they're happy with how their lifes turned out. Older people often live through their memories and vicariously through their kids.
Having kids is a good cope tbh, you feel like you have achieved alot when you see your kid doing well

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, Deleted member 7098, fras and 1 other person
It's not about stress. Most probably it's about lack of connections.

There are niggers in Africa who live under real serious stress. For instance they could be eaten by a lion any moment (and ofter they are). Guess what? They don't have depression.

Our stresses are much milder in comparison, but we suffer more, because when we fall into depression, there is no way out for us.

So what is the secret wisdom that prevents depression?
1. Family, father to talk to, wife to fuck.
2. Religion, purification rituals.
3. Tradition, roots, belonging.
4. Nature.
5. Physical labor.
6. Private personal possession.

We don't have fukkimb anything of that.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: traumatized18yo and AlexAP
1. Family, father to talk to, wife to fuck.
2. Religion, purification rituals.
3. Tradition, roots, belonging.
4. Nature.
5. Physical labor.
6. Private personal possession.
I have zero of that.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 7098 and quakociaptockh
Did we experience a genetic mutation in the world that lead to more depression?
lack of harsh Darwinian pressures lead to maladaptive mutations.

It’s probably a mix of environment, genetics and more open discussion

Your dad has autism 🚗

• JFL
Reactions: TsarTsar444
Mental health is taken more serious so that lead to more diagnosis so it still can be genetic

Depression is caused by loneliness, which is caused by being ugly. Depression in anyone aside from ugly men is a lie.
biggest chad on Love Island roped

Sdfsdfsdfsfd

• Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 3828 and lasthope
I believe Its a mix of more diagnoses and unhappiness caused by late capitalism lifestyle.

You don't have to believe it, but every human condition has a genetic basis.

You don't have to believe it, but every human condition has a genetic basis.
Of course, but why there are so much more depressed people today? It can't be only genetics.

Of course, but why there are so much more depressed people today? It can't be only genetics.
Survival has become easier, so there's more time for people to think about existentialism. More people are living long enough to the point of committing suicide, whereas in the past they may have died earlier from another cause.

Everything about modern life is conducive to depression. Lack of social connection, broken families, shitty food, vegetable oils, pollution, sedentary jobs, the fall of religion. And probably the normalization of alcohol and weed isn't helping on a population level

Survival has become easier, so there's more time for people to think about existentialism. More people are living long enough to the point of committing suicide, whereas in the past they may have died earlier from another cause.
That may be true, but it's still not the reason why more people are depressed imo. Having a job, girlfriend and friends would make 99% of men happy, it's not genetics that makes them unhappy.

Everything about modern life is conducive to depression. Lack of social connection, broken families, shitty food, vegetable oils, pollution, sedentary jobs, the fall of religion. And probably the normalization of alcohol and weed isn't helping on a population level
The social isolation is the biggest problem. But no worries, the Metaverse is coming. :feelsuhh:

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: CupOfCoffee and Deleted member 5189
Ye that's what he meant

That may be true, but it's still not the reason why more people are depressed imo. Having a job, girlfriend and friends would make 99% of men happy, it's not genetics that makes them unhappy.
Having sex is a pleasurable experience which temporarily offsets the inherent suffering of life. I already explained why saying that a human condition is "not genetics" is a fallacy.

Humans who live in nature and eat raw meat live to 140

No one is depressed or suicidal from thinking about existentialism

biggest chad on Love Island roped

View attachment 1399787
He was mentally ill and brainwashed. Just look at him. You have to be mentally ill to go on love island to begin with. To kill yourself over a lack of money just shows that you're disconnected from nature. I would be content with homelessness.

• So Sad
Reactions: Stevensmithgerard

Your physical health is what determines how good you cope with things. Your mental health isn't something that's floating around. It's physical. If you weren't breastfed enough as a kid, don't eat enough meat and things like bone marrow and blood (which no one has these days) or was vaccined or given medicine then how can you cope without the right hormones running through your blood