Why is compact midface considered to be so important here?

CarlSagan96

CarlSagan96

In a better place
There is literally no reason I have seen as to why a compact midface is more attractive than a longer one. FWHR is related to this but people here only talk about midface ratio. Most good looking guys I see in general have an average length midface or longer and girls don’t seem to give a shit. Every once in a while someone here posts a picture of one good looking dude who has a compact midface to prove that “it’s over for long midface”. I can think of like 5 examples of PSL 6.5+ guys with a long midface but only a couple with a short midface

Mandatory inb4 “cope because you have long midface”: my ratio is like 1.02 tbh, face is sort of narrow though so it appears longer

shut up

• +1
Reactions: Amnesia
There is literally no reason I have seen as to why a compact midface is more attractive than a longer one. FWHR is related to this but people here only talk about midface ratio. Most good looking guys I see in general have an average length midface or longer and girls don’t seem to give a shit. Every once in a while someone here posts a picture of one good looking dude who has a compact midface to prove that “it’s over for long midface”. I can think of like 5 examples of PSL 6.5+ guys with a long midface but only a couple with a short midface

Mandatory inb4 “cope because you have long midface”: my ratio is like 1.02 tbh, face is sort of narrow though so it appears longer
There needs to be a cope for every demographic

Actually though why do people think that
this looks better? Want to hear people's opinions

Last edited:
because it's correlated with high fwhr and good craniofacial growth, you can google these studies

long face is usually the result of downward growth (they also have nose bumps, downward pointing nose, subhuman jaw angle, while most people with compact midface have the opposite of this)

• +1
Reactions: CarlSagan96 and Deleted member 2426
Midface length doesn’t matter, it’s all about forward growth and proportions.

• +1
Reactions: CarlSagan96
Midface length doesn’t matter, it’s all about forward growth and proportions.
except that it does. a midface that is long, in absolute terms, will never look compact enough, regardless of the other two thirds length (assuming they're both within normal range)

same goes for a midface that is very short

A normal midface proportionally with the rest of the face = good, Dicaprio looks like a pig and Pitt mogs to the death.

• +1
Reactions: Amnesia
A normal midface proportionally with the rest of the face = good, Dicaprio looks like a pig and Pitt mogs to the death.
Always felt his midface was too compact
IMG 7331

• +1
Reactions: owlofathena and Deleted member 2227
Always felt his midface was too compact
View attachment 119871

Yes, he looks much better in the second pic.

People in this forum exaggerated too much

"Muuhhh EXTREMELY COMPACT MIDFACE" the retardeds don't understand that there much more other flaws in their face than midface.