Why is it so hard to find well fitting non tailored clothes?

Tom Jones

Tom Jones

Herdsman
I have a pretty narrow waist and big chest. All dress shirt look like they could fit a over a fridge. So square. Around my waist there is enough excess fabric to build a linen for my bed. Yet around my chest the buttons are working overtime, on the verge of bursting

And pants. I wear 28-30 pants but they look ridiculous with that ultra skinny look. And my ass looks like shit in them. No separation beetween the glutes.

I need to buy tailored shit to fit me right.

Do all fucking clothes shop only cater to dad bods?

And “plus sized women”(fatties) complain about lacking options. I haven’t bought non tailored clothes (except for jackets and hoodies and chill clothes) for years.

Anyone know any good retailers in southern Sweden/Copenhagen that fits lean, mean, aspie men?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ellisadrian, Hero of the Imperium, TrestIsBest and 8 others
Just get tailored clothes bro, worth the money honestly.

• +1
Reactions: Rt-Rust1, Deleted member 19499 and Tom Jones
If you have a decent amount of muscle and are lean you need to be buying clothes from gym brands or getting everything tailored.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 21531, Deleted member 19499 and Tom Jones
When lean 28-30 inches (first pic)

Now I’m fatter and it’s about 32-33
Hmm when lean you should only need like xs or s shorts. At 32-33 waist size pants shouldn't be a problem unless you have big legs. For upper body I would just get tailored for formal stuff and buy casual stuff from gymwear brands.

• +1
Reactions: Tom Jones
H&M

• JFL
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Xangsane, Deleted member 20370 and Prettyboy
You're shopping at the wrong brands.

J Crew has the best fit. And since you're in the Copenhagen area, Norse Projects also has great fitting clothes.

• Love it
Hmm when lean you should only need like xs or s shorts. At 32-33 waist size pants shouldn't be a problem unless you have big legs. For upper body I would just get tailored for formal stuff and buy casual stuff from gymwear brands.
Xs or maybe even S is a bit small usually even tho I don’t have huge legs

2709297_twinky.jpg

• +1
Reactions: Sigmamale
I've shared your frustrations for years. Most of the garbage sold off the rack also has a tight neck fit.

Pencil neck, narrow shoulders, and a wide (fat) torso fit. Literally the opposite of what looks good. No wonder most guys look like dogshit.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Pride, Hero of the Imperium, Xangsane and 1 other person
That's why I purchased a sewing machine and learned to tailor my own clothes.

Pants/tee shirts/dress shirts/sweaters are easy as fuck to tailor after you've practiced on a few pieces. It's literally just learning to make a line and following it.

At this point for t shirts I don't even try them on in store (I just hold them up to make sure they aren't too small). I can make just about any tee shirt fit me perfectly with just 15 minutes on the sewing machine. Perfectly fitted tee with a nice pair of jeans is a huge +++ if you got a good physique.

Can't believe tailoring your own clothes isn't common practice on a looksmax forum

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: Hero of the Imperium, Schönling, Xangsane and 8 others
I have a pretty narrow waist and big chest. All dress shirt look like they could fit a over a fridge. So square. Around my waist there is enough excess fabric to build a linen for my bed. Yet around my chest the buttons are working overtime, on the verge of bursting

And pants. I wear 28-30 pants but they look ridiculous with that ultra skinny look. And my ass looks like shit in them. No separation beetween the glutes.

And “plus sized women”(fatties) complain about lacking options. I haven’t bought non tailored clothes (except for jackets and hoodies and chill clothes) for years.

Anyone know any good retailers in southern Sweden/Copenhagen that fits lean, mean, aspie men?
Only high end, expensive brands have a tailored fit. Think A.P.C., Acne Studios, John Elliott, etc

• +1
Reactions: Schönling, Xangsane and Tom Jones
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Xangsane, Deleted member 19294 and Tom Jones

When I was gymcelling the most I bought XL ralph lauren shirts then had an ethnic tailor take them in at the waist for a cheap price.

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Xangsane, Tom Jones and autistic_tendencies
They wanna make us look ugly so we don’t reproduce

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21531 and Tom Jones
If you have a bad body, any clothes will look like shit on you plus the average normie is a skinnyfat faggot or obese so clothes are tailored to those subhuman body-types. Tailoring is worth it if you're gymcelled and have money to spare, especially for suits.

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies and Xangsane
That's why I purchased a sewing machine and learned to tailor my own clothes.

Pants/tee shirts/dress shirts/sweaters are easy as fuck to tailor after you've practiced on a few pieces. It's literally just learning to make a line and following it.

At this point for t shirts I don't even try them on in store (I just hold them up to make sure they aren't too small). I can make just about any tee shirt fit me perfectly with just 15 minutes on the sewing machine. Perfectly fitted tee with a nice pair of jeans is a huge +++ if you got a good physique.

Can't believe tailoring your own clothes isn't common practice on a looksmax forum
Mirin. I’d love to read more about this stuff

• +1
Reactions: Eren
They have slim versions of shirts and trousers , I like them. They are not top quality but quite cheap

Tommy Hilfiger is also very nice

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane and tyronelite
They have slim versions of shirts and trousers , I like them. They are not top quality but quite cheap

Indeed I like their skinny fit jeans too

They don't flail around at the ankles like some slim fit jeans

• +1
Reactions: Prettyboy

tommy hilfilger is ridiculously expensive, like $60 for a t shirt no thanks

I wear jack and jones shirts

They are like 3 for 35€

Good for my body type,Broad shoulders narrow af waist

Too narrow waisted shirt is cringe outside of gym

mostly because the body composition of the average person is similar to a sack of dirty laundry.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Tom Jones and Xangsane
Try SuitSupply

Zara or Massimo Dutti is also pretty good

I wear V necks or dress shirts which I don't need to button all the way up or wear a tie with at work; I was talking about tight fits in previous threads but forgot this salient detail

Otherwise indeed neck and chest would be too tight, and the alternative is fridge fit as we know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back