Why is Japan underwhelming?

Xangsane

Xangsane

jova
When people say they’re living in the future I am confused as they live in the past. It feels like you’re taking a Time Machine to 1995. Yet western tourists are obsessed with this place. Was watching YouTube videos to get a feel before I go there later this year.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: try2beme, n9wiff, wsada and 8 others
When people say they’re living in the future I am confused as they live in the past. Was watching YouTube videos to get a feel before I go there later this year.
Live in the past in terms of technology and development
They haven’t moved since 1985

• +1
Reactions: Recessed Life
90s relic that still gets parroted by smooth brains. They were on that path but stagnated as did pretty much every western aligned nation. China's pretty crazy in terms of looking modern from what I've heard and seen in videos. It'd be cool to visit.

• +1
Reactions: Hero of the Imperium, murdah, PrinceofDarkness and 4 others
Live in the past in terms of technology and development
They haven’t moved since 1985
That's why we love nippon, they use floppy disks containing windows 11.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: IAMNOTANINCEL, n9wiff, Xangsane and 1 other person
When people say they’re living in the future I am confused as they live in the past. It feels like you’re taking a Time Machine to 1995. Yet western tourists are obsessed with this place. Was watching YouTube videos to get a feel before I go there later this year.
Place is just mystical and eastern and shiiii

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: IAMNOTANINCEL, murdah, Jova and 2 others
90s relic that still gets parroted by smooth brains.
And it’s crazy after watching these videos there are so many western tourists and pajeets there.
They were on that path but stagnated as did pretty much every western aligned nation. China's pretty crazy in terms of looking modern from what I've heard and seen in videos. It'd be cool to visit.
My wife wants to go there and so do I but now honestly I’m regretting even buying the tickets. Dubai and Seoul are better than this and even some cities in china. I wish I would have gone to China tbh
Jfl

• Love it
Reactions: Richard Cheese
And it’s crazy after watching these videos there are so many western tourists and pajeets there.

My wife wants to go there and so do I but now honestly I’m regretting even buying the tickets. Dubai and Seoul are better than this and even some cities in china. I wish I would have gone to China tbh

Jfl

Depends on where you’re going in Japan. You should go to Akihibara, that’s weeb central.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: n9wiff, Autismcel and Xangsane
Depends on where you’re going in Japan. You should go to Akihibara, that’s weeb central.
Yeah wifey wants to go there and the crossing but I’m facepalming after looking at YouTube videos

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: n9wiff and Michael Myers
how is your wife gonna cope with the fact that your a gook obsessed nafri coon going to literally the pique of a gook country?

• JFL
Reactions: deadmanwalking and efidescontinuado
When people say they’re living in the future I am confused as they live in the past. Was watching YouTube videos to get a feel before I go there later this year.
They’re innovative with certain things like the vending machines and quirky foods/entertainment places but it’s not a futuristic utopia. When I was there I made a purchase at a store and the cashier displayed the total on a shitty calculator.

Shibuya is a pretty exciting place, be sure to check out Asusaka the famous Sensoji temple is there..

Try the Mario kart race in tokyo you’ll need to pre-book and get an international drivers license

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing, PrinceofDarkness, Xangsane and 1 other person
Yeah wifey wants to go there and the crossing but I’m facepalming after looking at YouTube videos
You should go, makes for a nice experience. Though everyone will think you’re a massive dork. 🤣

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane
how is your wife gonna cope with the fact that your a gook obsessed nafri coon going to literally the peek of a gook country?
I’m facepalming at how technologically backwards the place is @Michael Myers

Seems like a western city. Surprised at the sheer amounts of pajeets and white tourists and black people after watching YouTube
90s relic that still gets parroted by smooth brains. They were on that path but stagnated as did pretty much every western aligned nation. China's pretty crazy in terms of looking modern from what I've heard and seen in videos. It'd be cool to visit.
This

They’re innovative with certain things like the vending machines and quirky foods/entertainment places but it’s not a futuristic utopia. When I was there I made a purchase at a store and the cashier displayed the total on a shitty calculator.

Shibuya is a pretty exciting place, be sure to check out Asusaka the famous Sensoji temple is there..
You went to Japan? How do you handle the 12+ hour flight? I could never. :feelsautistic:

Honestly I should have convinced her to go to China now but she seemed hell bent on japan
She kept saying they’re futuristic. Muh futuristic Dubai and Seoul are better than this.
They are stuck in 1995

I’m facepalming at how technologically backwards the place is @
Michael Myers
@Michael Myers

Seems like a western city. Surprised at the sheer amounts of pajeets and white tourists and black people after watching YouTube
There are a lot of Nigerians in Japan, one of my friends went there last summer and he was also surprised by how many there were. Apparently their governments signed a contract, which is why there are many Nigerian workers there. Whites were always obsessed with Japan so that’s not surprising but South Asians in Japan is somewhat surprising at least. :cop:

• +1

Also wtf it feels like a western city with all the pajeets and blacks and whites after looking on YouTube

• JFL
Reactions: butterworld
There are a lot of Nigerians in Japan, one of my friends went there last summer and he was also surprised by how many there were.
They seem to be in takeshita street a lot
Apparently their governments signed a contract, which is why there are many Nigerian workers there. Whites were always obsessed with Japan so that’s not surprising but South Asians in Japan is somewhat surprising at least. :cop:
Yeah a lot lot of pajeets

Also wtf it feels like a western city with all the pajeets and blacks and whites after looking on YouTube
You’ll rarely encounter blacks people, when you do it’ll be Nigerians posted up on a street end doing a shady advertisement. I didn’t see any Indians, we mainly came across other Asians and Europeans

• +1
You’ll rarely encounter blacks people, when you do it’ll be Nigerians posted up on a street end doing a shady advertisement. I didn’t see any Indians, we mainly came across other Asians and Europeans
Was this take shit a street?

they advanced where they needed to, culturally, and technologically. and kept the things that were working the same. in terms of what is actually needed for living, japan is way ahead of everyone.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: IAMNOTANINCEL, Xangsane and butterworld
you don't need a lot of technology for tourist spots, people are traveling to your country to see the culture and history, not a copy and paste modern weimar like the rest of the globohomo world. compare the places where people are actually living and working in with the other nations.

lol at thinking china, a place with elevator deathtraps is better than japan. china just likes to sell shanghai to the world. 90% of the rest of its country is gook somalia

• +1
Reactions: efidescontinuado
they advanced where they needed to, culturally, and technologically. and kept the things that were working the same. in terms of what is actually needed for living, japan is way ahead of everyone.
brainwashed Redditor detected. Japan = Time Machine to 1995

you don't need a lot of technology for tourist spots, people are traveling to your country to see the culture and history, not a copy and paste modern weimar like the rest of the globohomo world. compare the places where people are actually living and working in with the other nations.

lol at thinking china, a place with elevator deathtraps is better than japan. china just likes to sell shanghai to the world. 90% of the rest of its country is gook somalia
Ok sure buddy
Now check out Dubai and singapore

lold avi
Jumbo wagner

They're obsessed because they have good public transport. Compared to all of the anglosphere. That alone puts them above America and UK in terms of societal development.

I found it pretty crazy how they still used so much above ground power lines. It's a weird country.

• +1
They're obsessed because they have good public transport. Compared to all of the anglosphere. That alone puts them above America and UK in terms of societal development.

I found it pretty crazy how they still used so much above ground power lines. It's a weird country.
The public transport is good but that’s it. Still not the best from what I have seen on YouTube but at least the uk and the USA should be at that level

And the power lines make it look like the turd world

• JFL
Reactions: Imretarded?
The public transport is good but that’s it. Still not the best from what I have seen on YouTube but at least the uk and the USA should be at that level

And the power lines make it look like the turd world
Those two countries are way below Japan in public transport. Actually they went backwards in that regard during the cold war.

Japan also has their buildings clumped together very tightly lol. I remember staying in this 6 story apartment that was the size of a toliet on each floor. I was sleeping on the fourth floor lol.

Development wise, I think the Netherlands, might be the very most developed on earth. Good public transport, good industrial development, good quality of life.

If you want to see a country that looks 'modern' as in flashy and shit, you'll want to visit the rich arab countries and urban china.

• +1
E
Those two countries are way below Japan in public transport. Actually they went backwards in that regard during the cold war.

Japan also has their buildings clumped together very tightly lol. I remember staying in this 6 story apartment that was the size of a toliet on each floor. I was sleeping on the fourth floor lol.

Development wise, I think the Netherlands, might be the very most developed on earth. Good public transport, good industrial development, good quality of life.
Denmark has a good metro
If you want to see a country that looks 'modern' as in flashy and shit, you'll want to visit the rich arab countries and urban china.
THIS. Idk why westerners don’t visit China much

• Woah
Reactions: Imretarded?

Yes there are many new cities in the rise. Ironically TikTok showed tons of new futuristic and new mega cities in China popping up.

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Xangsane and Richard Cheese
Honestly I should have convinced her to go to China now but she seemed hell bent on japan
She kept saying they’re futuristic. Muh futuristic Dubai and Seoul are better than this.
They are stuck in 1995
Nigga you have a wife?

• +1
Reactions: Bonecel01 and Xangsane
i mean the west has aging architecture if your not in a major city or even a top 10 major city and most of these major cities are overrun by ethnics and homeless people. Outside of tokyo its suppose to be outdated because its a dying country

• +1
Nigga you have a wife?
Yea
this mfer eye raping noodles while with his wife :feelshah::feelsgood:
Tbh the average looks level from those videos seems to be LtB.
But SQUISHY SQUISHY!
i mean the west has aging architecture if your not in a major city or even a top 10 major city and most of these major cities are overrun by ethnics and homeless people. Outside of tokyo its suppose to be outdated because its a dying country
Jfl even Tokyo is full of pajeets

• So Sad
Reactions: gooner23
Yea

Tbh the average looks level from those videos seems to be LtB.
But SQUISHY SQUISHY!

Jfl even Tokyo is full of pajeets
its cause they got like non existent eyebrows and eyelashes and they already have flat features so its usually a brutal combination, but then again most people rate my top foids like ltb-mtb so what do i know but more foids for me i guess :feelsgood::feelshah::feelshah::feelsgood::feelsgood::feelsgood::feelsgood::feelsgood:

How a country looks and how advanced it is are two diametrically opposed things at this point. Also you have to remember when certain countries built their infrastructure. Most American infrastructure was built in the 1960s. Most Japanese infrastructure was built during the 1970s or so. Just because you see alot of that remaining infrastructure doesn't make it a lesser advanced nation.

A notorious example of this is the "China is in 2100 because cyberpunk". Has to be the most braindead thing I have heard. Yea right I'm sure a skyscraper with LEDs signifys a hypothetical advanced economy of the 2100s. Most Chinese infrastructure was built after the 2000s literally. The statement of "Chinese used more concrete drom 2011-2013 than USA did during the entire 20th century" is one such example of that. Though really they have gdp per capita of 13k usd normial and most of that wealth is hoarded in 1st tier costal cities. Rest of the country itself looks like some LATAM 2nd world region or even third world in some places.

TDLR: Newer built infrastructure has a tendency to illicit beliefs of perceived notions of how of a advanced future nation may look like. Really though this is just fallacy in certain cases. You could have a entire city with medieval architecture and as long as it has wide spread access of certain technologies and services then it is still advanced. Looks=/=capability

• JFL
Reactions: murdah, Xangsane and Imretarded?
How a country looks and how advanced it is are two diametrically opposed things at this point. Also you have to remember when certain countries built their infrastructure. Most American infrastructure was built in the 1960s. Most Japanese infrastructure was built during the 1970s or so. Just because you see alot of that remaining infrastructure doesn't make it a lesser advanced nation.

A notorious example of this is the "China is in 2100 because cyberpunk". Has to be the most braindead thing I have heard. Yea right I'm sure a skyscraper with LEDs signifys a hypothetical advanced economy of the 2100s. Most Chinese infrastructure was built after the 2000s literally. The statement of "Chinese used more concrete drom 2011-2013 than USA did during the entire 20th century" is one such example of that. Though really they have gdp per capita of 13k usd normial and most of that wealth is hoarded in 1st tier costal cities. Rest of the country itself looks like some LATAM 2nd world region or even third world in some places.

TDLR: Newer built infrastructure has a tendency to illicit beliefs of perceived notions of how of a advanced future nation may look like. Really though this is just fallacy in certain cases. You could have a entire city with medieval architecture and as long as it has wide spread access of certain technologies and services then it is still advanced. Looks=/=capability
concretetowercels on suicide watch after random German village enters the scene.
IMG 5775

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Xangsane and n9wiff