Why is my voice deeper when I’m relaxed or tired?

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
Which mechanism is behind this?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5522
Relaxed vocal chords and deep breathing

• +1
Reactions: HighTdoMm, DutchPrettyBoy, mulberrymolasses and 3 others
And what exactly causes my vocal chords to relax?
Untensed neck, non stressful situation, deep breathing from the diaphragm, Morgan Freeman said yawning a lot helps too

• +1
Reactions: HighTdoMm, Deleted member 5385, hairyballscel and 3 others
Untensed neck, non stressful situation, deep breathing from the diaphragm, Morgan Freeman said yawning a lot helps too
All of that doesn’t help when I try to recreate it consciously

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: HighTdoMm, Insecure03, hairyballscel and 1 other person
my voice changes with the change of my head posture, very noticeably

• +1
Reactions: HighTdoMm, DutchPrettyBoy, Deleted member 6128 and 1 other person
All of that doesn’t help when I try to recreate it consciously
Then getting into that same relaxed state as you experience the deeper voice in should the do the trick, no?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5522
Your throat sinks pretty much

Then getting into that same relaxed state as you experience the deeper voice in should the do the trick, no?
No, the effect on my voice has been out of my control so far. Simply relaxing and breathing deeply consciously doesn’t reproduce the effects I get when I’m “naturally” in this sort of state

its deeper when you breathe into your stomach and speak from there.

No, it’s not. Manipulating my breathing patterns doesn’t do anything noteworthy
oh well for me it does but it takes conscious effort, mine is deep already so i don't need to walk around like an autistic radio broadcaster

Yawn and your voice will instantly be deeper

untensed neck is interesting tbh. haven't some people reported a lower voice after training their neck? that would make sense if what you're saying is true, wouldn't it?

• +1
Reactions: stuckneworleans
Cause your vocal cords are loose from being inactive

Your larynx is in a neutral position

Cause your vocal cords are loose from being inactive
My vocal folds are inactive most of the time because I rarely talk. That’s definitely not the reason

I did. I’m doing neck curls twice per week (only started recently). My voice can go even deeper when relaxed now but when in a “normal” state, there is no difference unfortunately. Gonna give it more time
Definitely give it more time bro. In the beginning you have to remind yourself to keep your vocal chord relaxed. Its sorta like mewing in that sense. When you work out your neck the tension in your neck reduces and over time you dont need to remind yourself over and over.
Right now, close your eyes...and relax your neck. I bet you didnt even realize it was tensed.
Imagine a hypothetical person whose muscles were so weak they could barely stand up. Now imagine how much tension there would be in his back as he tried to stand tall the whole day. On the other hand an athlete with good body posture has to barely even think about holding himself up and he definitely holds no tension in his body
Same thing here. Strong neck muscles = Relaxed neck all the time & if strong/toned vocal chord = Default clear deep voice

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst