Why is the word breed used when describing subspecies of animals except for when describing subspecies descriptive word is race?!

Lookologist003

Lookologist003

Skull crafter
I think it's because the word breed connotes that it was a purposeful and selective breeding, and race describes what happened in the many thousands of years since humans migrated from Africa and began adapting to respective climates across the globe.

I was showERing and this was a thought I had. But I am retarded, so I need to hear what the members of Looksmax dot org think. Please lend me your thoughts.

Over for proofreading thread title cels.

I think it's because the word breed connotes that it was a purposeful and selective breeding, and race describes what happened in the many thousands of years since humans migrated from Africa and began adapting to respective climates across the globe.

I was showERing and this was a thought I had. But I am retarded, so I need to hear what the members of Looksmax dot org think. Please lend me your thoughts.
Breed is used for animals, race is for humans

• +1
Reactions: Lookologist003
@Mister Fuwy

Like let's suppose that eugenetics by some mechanism happens. Would we then need to classifying humans by breed? Purposeful breeding happens to other animals.

@Mister Fuwy

Like let's suppose that eugenetics by some mechanism happens. Would we then need to classifying humans by breed? Purposeful breeding happens to other animals.
Yes. But it’s not us who makes up these tags for what’s a breed and what’s not. That’s up to dictionaries ran by powerful people even if the definition does/nt apply

Users who are viewing this thread

Back