Why is Tyler Maher's face so much wider in one pic vs the other?

Hightwolf

Hightwolf

HTW#6700

I was doing measurements and came across this weird thing.
In pic number one his total face length / total face width = approx 1.45 Midface ratio = approx 1.03
In second pic total face length / total face width = approx 1.34 Midface ratio = 0.99

I have no idea why they are so different, even if it was lens distortion why did it make his midface more compact???
Unless I messed up a lot with the measurements, but even then you can kinda tell just from looking his face looks much longer in the first pic. so wtf?

Someone else measure and double check too.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6785
Selfies vs Photo camera?

• +1
Reactions: Hightwolf
I think the first photo was taken when he was in his late teens.
Very possible his face changed since then.

• +1
Reactions: Clark69 and Hightwolf

That possible because those pic has been taken like in 2012?

2nd puberty probably

• +1
View attachment 751233View attachment 751234

I was doing measurements and came across this weird thing.
In pic number one his total face length / total face width = approx 1.45 Midface ratio = approx 1.03
In second pic total face length / total face width = approx 1.34 Midface ratio = 0.99

I have no idea why they are so different, even if it was lens distortion why did it make his midface more compact???
Unless I messed up a lot with the measurements, but even then you can kinda tell just from looking his face looks much longer in the first pic. so wtf?

Someone else measure and double check too.
Yeah in selfies I look like the first, longer face. But 2 metres distance pics my face is more square ish.

• +1
probably, i just checked another thing and his es ratio decreased, meaning his cheekbones got wider.

Yeah in selfies I look like the first, longer face. But 2 metres distance pics my face is more square ish.
yeah but when that happens your midface becomes longer and your chin / forehead become shorter. In the first pic his midface is shorter than in the second pic.

T
probably, i just checked another thing and his es ratio decreased, meaning his cheekbones got wider.
Yeah idk who this guy is, but he cant be a model looking like the first pic. Second yes.

• Hmm...
yeah but when that happens your midface becomes longer and your chin / forehead become shorter. In the first pic his midface is shorter than in the second pic.
Oh sure. But there is a lot of perspective shit in photography. Must be some playarounds that the agencies do.

• +1
similar stuff happened to gandy

Attachments

• CYMERA_20201022_192959.jpg
    CYMERA_20201022_192959.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 58
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Hightwolf and Need2Ascend
Lens distortion

Looks like a girl in the second