Why most rich people are old

.*my*.

.*my*.

Kess mah ess
One of the reasons is: “conscientiousness is not a static construct, but can change over time – with individuals either increasing or decreasing with age. ... The rank order stability of conscientiousness increases steadily with age until plateauing between the ages of 50 and 70”

Conscientiousness predicts success. The more conscientious you are, the higher your income (usually). And because conscientiousness increases with age, older people are usually richer.

Here’s another reason: “Agreeableness and Conscientiousness showed relatively gradual increases in absolute scores across the life span whereas Neuroticism showed relatively gradual decreases.”

Low neuroticism predicts success as well.

Last edited:
  • WTF
  • +1
Reactions: PrisonMike and Marsiere214
no its because back then it was a shit-ton easier in a much better economy to make a decent living, and therefore get rich

cant explain rn why its very complicated.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 3771, Introvertednarc, Deleted member 2632 and 9 others
Takes time to make money, the longer you’ve lived the longer you’ve had to make money /thread

• +1
Reactions: 5'8manlet, TheEndHasNoEnd, Deleted member 5048 and 13 others
Takes time to make money, the longer you’ve lived the longer you’ve had to make money /thread
That’s another reason, but it’s not the only one

no its because back then it was a shit-ton easier in a much better economy to make a decent living, and therefore get rich

Excuses

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725

"The economy is so bad. I have a double major in communications and gender studies with a minor in clarinet and can't even get a job to pay back my $250,000 of student loans. It's all Trump's fault."

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: 5'8manlet, quakociaptockh, CommonFag and 1 other person
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 3771, randomvanish and .*my*.
Then why are there young millionaires too?
Not the subject but you're avi is exactly what happened to my face, i didn't lose teeth but i lost emanel on them. Do you know how could i fix this problem?

• +1
Reactions: .*my*.
Not the subject but you're avi is exactly what happened to my face, i didn't lose teeth but i lost emanel on them. Do you know how could i fix this problem?
If you just lost enamel your profile is not supposed to look like that. Your teeth could be too downturned, ortho can upturn them without bringing your face back.

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 11053
If you just lost enamel your profile is not supposed to look like that. Your teeth could be too downturned, ortho can upturn them without bringing your face back.
It doesn't look as bad as your avi but still bad enough to ruin my facial harmony, i can tell my face changed and it also gave me tmj and other problems.

It doesn't look as bad as your avi but still bad enough to ruin my facial harmony, i can tell my face changed and it also gave me tmj and other problems.
See ortho and see what he tells you. If it seems reasonable then get treatment.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11053
Compound interest creates wealth, that's the technical reason. Maybe people with high conscientiousness invest more, so there would be a correlation. You have to save and invest for decades to be rich in most cases.

• +1
Reactions: CommonFag and .*my*.
Compound interest creates wealth, that's the technical reason. Maybe people with high conscientiousness invest more, so there would be a correlation. You have to save and invest for decades to be rich in most cases.
You don’t really have to be conscientious to invest. Investing is a 1 time thing. It’s just passive income. Conscientiousness is important in the workplace for career growth.

elaborate. how the fuck being rich and this related?
Because rich people do their job well. That’s why they’re rich. Conscientiousness means doing your job diligently.

"The economy is so bad. I have a double major in communications and gender studies with a minor in clarinet and can't even get a job to pay back my $250,000 of student loans. It's all Trump's fault."
caged hard at this jfl , but yeah how the fuck do they except to get jobs after doing dumbass degrees with no demand , thats like saying "im selling diet water why wont anyone buy it 😭"

• JFL
One of the reasons is: “conscientiousness is not a static construct, but can change over time – with individuals either increasing or decreasing with age. ... The rank order stability of conscientiousness increases steadily with age until plateauing between the ages of 50 and 70”

Conscientiousness predicts success. The more conscientious you are, the higher your income (usually). And because conscientiousness increases with age, older people are usually richer.

Here’s another reason: “Agreeableness and Conscientiousness showed relatively gradual increases in absolute scores across the life span whereas Neuroticism showed relatively gradual decreases.”

if ur young and have 50 billion bucks without sucking zionistic dicks then I'm mirin also ur gonna live to 25 max bc the jews are gonna kill you

• JFL
Reactions: SendMePicsToRate and .*my*.

i can, jews

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10602 and .*my*.

This is what peak pseudo-intellectualism looks like jfl

Older people are richer because money is cumulative, and more experience in a field gives rise to more opportunities. What's more, investments accrue interest which compounds over time thus leading to significantly more money in the future.

Imagine thinking that wealth boils down to a single trait as well. Low agreeableness, high conscientiousness, high IQ. These are the most important traits in determining "success". Of course, looks are incredibly important too.

Edit: To people saying "the economy is bad" or similar - it's really not as bad as it's been in the past & There are more opportunities than ever before to make money if you work hard.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: oatmeal and .*my*.
This is what peak pseudo-intellectualism looks like jfl

Older people are richer because money is cumulative, and more experience in a field gives rise to more opportunities. What's more, investments accrue interest which compounds over time thus leading to significantly more money in the future.

Imagine thinking that wealth boils down to a single trait as well. Low agreeableness, high conscientiousness, high IQ. These are the most important traits in determining "success". Of course, looks are incredibly important too.

Edit: To people saying "the economy is bad" or similar - it's really not as bad as it's been in the past & There are more opportunities than ever before to make money if you work hard.
I just said that was one of the reasons

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862
idk maybe they work long time to get rich?

• +1
I couldn't see agreeableness being any kind of advantage. Agreeableness is almost never a good thing. As long as you're not oppositional.

• +1
Why are rich people old?

One word:

Inflation

Image placeholder title