why no one talking about homeoblock

Have you researched the 2? Why are they r different would you say? Both seem to simply dis place teeth causing bone to build and remodel around this change.
Yeah homeoblock is toothbourne but it doesn’t seem to displace teeth. Pushes against the dento alveolar bone rather than the teeth and has a thing on one side near the molars that forces you to bite correctly and push the middle of the tongue up against the palate when you swallow.

Aims to mimic natural chewing too since we prefer to chew with one side of the mouth and it doesn’t cause asymmetry near the gonions or unilateral masseter hypertrophy since the masseter is actually just one big muscle. (Try chewing on one side and you’ll feel both masseters contract).

The hyoid muscles also tighten in resistance to the massters contracting. Homeoblock also seems to widen intermolar width and lower the palatial vault over time which makes it way easier to continue good oral posture after treatment.

So imo homeoblock is way way better than bioblock and haven’t heard of people getting loose teeth or anything like that. There’s even 1 case of a 70yo with visible skeletal changes before and after treatment but take the pics/proof with a grain of salt too ofc

• +1
Reactions: nobodyspecial369
There are homeoblock case studies, changes are very moderate but present.

Yep true, same with vivos dna.. Just so hard to get, literally have to travel to NA just to see an orthodontist about it. Good thing is, I think homeblock and dna can mimic natural growth over time and give pretty good sagital growth along with fixing posture, crooked teeth, tightening the hyoid muscles, fixing assymetry etc
will thos increase ipd and pfl? i knso it widens byzogo

Yeah homeoblock is toothbourne but it doesn’t seem to displace teeth. Pushes against the dento alveolar bone rather than the teeth and has a thing on one side near the molars that forces you to bite correctly and push the middle of the tongue up against the palate when you swallow.

Aims to mimic natural chewing too since we prefer to chew with one side of the mouth and it doesn’t cause asymmetry near the gonions or unilateral masseter hypertrophy since the masseter is actually just one big muscle. (Try chewing on one side and you’ll feel both masseters contract).

The hyoid muscles also tighten in resistance to the massters contracting. Homeoblock also seems to widen intermolar width and lower the palatial vault over time which makes it way easier to continue good oral posture after treatment.

So imo homeoblock is way way better than bioblock and haven’t heard of people getting loose teeth or anything like that. There’s even 1 case of a 70yo with visible skeletal changes before and after treatment but take the pics/proof with a grain of salt too ofc
have you gotten it? Are you planning on it? There is also MSE of course

will thos increase ipd and pfl? i knso it widens byzogo
Zygos are pretty resistant to change so even if you split your maxilla by a few mms it doesn’t mean your zygos will be pushed out or forward by the same proportion

• So Sad
Reactions: sub5inchcel
have you gotten it? Are you planning on it? There is also MSE of course
I’m thinking about it maybe because it can give slow natural looking results and I think it’s worth the price especially if it can be used at night for years. Not gonna get mse I just don’t need it and tbh mse can create asymmetries and even though it causes fast expansion and skeletal changes, it has way more downsides in terms of ruining aesthetics and it’s more invasive imo.

My palate is wide enough. I just want more forward growth or basically just maximise m/amplify what mewing can do over a very long time

I’m thinking about it maybe because it can give slow natural looking results and I think it’s worth the price especially if it can be used at night for years. Not gonna get mse I just don’t need it and tbh mse can create asymmetries and even though it causes fast expansion and skeletal changes, it has way more downsides in terms of ruining aesthetics and it’s more invasive imo.

My palate is wide enough. I just want more forward growth or basically just maximise m/amplify what mewing can do over a very long time
how old are you? and why not try thumbpull and beltpull? And how much does it cost? is it something I can get just myself?

how old are you? and why not try thumbpull and beltpull? And how much does it cost? is it something I can get just myself?
Mid twenties and been mewing for like 4 years. I don’t believe in thumbpulling tbh but from what I’ve researched with homeoblock, it seems to actually work even past 20-25. Idek where to get it but it costs like $10k for “treatment” afaik. So I probs won’t end up getting it unless I’m dead certain there’s a minimum amount I can benefit from it over 5-10years

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and mvp2v1
Nah you need to go through an orthodontist

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
That starting palate is horrendous. thankfully mine is not that bad. What is her starting IMW? I know adults (30s) who have expanded 1cm imw with hard mewing alone.

But you can get great results. and I bet such a result (your pic) is possible.

Please explain how they changed their gonial angle with their tongue. You simply can't except if you say "magic"
mewing starting in your early 20s can push the jaws forward a small bit
No you can't lmao a lot of force is required to split the sutures of the maxilla in the back the skull. Only thing that might happen is cause your front teeth to flare outward because of incorrect mewing.

Its just proper oral posture man but I'm very hesitant to say you'll get ANY change from it like that.
Maybe it can simply guide natural growth of the jaws. But not cause growth in it of itself.

• +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh
Not gonna get mse I just don’t need it and tbh mse can create asymmetries and even though it causes fast expansion and skeletal changes, it has way more downsides in terms of ruining aesthetics and it’s more invasive imo.
can you refer to some cases where these downsides occurred? i did see one post where MSE ruined some guys aesthetics and made him way more asymmetric but isn’t that a minority. Probably just a bad doctor

I’m going to get MSE soon so i’d like to know if maybe i shouldnt

@mvp2v1 thoughts?

mse is brutal, it will split your skull in days. homeblock will not do the same thing
do you recommend MSE? how much research have you done on it

can you refer to some cases where these downsides occurred? i did see one post where MSE ruined some guys aesthetics and made him way more asymmetric but isn’t that a minority. Probably just a bad doctor

I’m going to get MSE soon so i’d like to know if maybe i shouldnt

@mvp2v1 thoughts?
MSE can make asymetry worse. Its not clear to me or even these docs why it occurs, so its difficult. btw: search up john or mike mew semi-rapid palatal expansion. You can ask your doc to expand at that rate. This is what I will do if I go with MSE which seems likly because it is so aggressive as people mention.

Idk I found out about ALF because it's one of the best appliances for fixing assymetries, there are different kinds of facial assymetries that exist. For example, one of them is called a facial torsion, there are more but I can't be bothered to look it up right now. ALF is supposedly good at fixing those because it can move your maxilla instead of just moving teeth.
The point of ALF is to replace braces. It can fix your teeth alignment and your maxilla.
Idk about DNA, but maybe we should all get together and make a mega thread about myofunctional appliances.
thanks for this, I think I have facial torsion, gonna look into this