why people say braces are bad

A

AdIndependent6291

Bronze
why people say braces are bad like wouldnt they help you your jaw like your teeth to develop correctly without any recessions or any mistakes?

Some people say it can fuck your jaw. Orthos and dentist say it doesnt.
But i rather trust looksmax incels then some doctors to be honest

• JFL
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: innerlight, Yuki, elemanzelvadre and 5 others
why people say braces are bad like wouldnt they help you your jaw like your teeth to develop correctly without any recessions or any mistakes?
they make you're maxilla recessed, dentists don't give a shit about your aesthetics they just want to straighten your teeth

• +1
Reactions: liberiangrimreaper, xxv and enchanted_elixir
they make you're maxilla recessed, dentists don't give a shit about your aesthetics they just want to straighten your teeth
Do you realize if you dont extract premolars and just move the upper teeth a little behind your literal bone will not move with them? Braces are not a magic trick, is it. They can only move teeth

Do you realize if you dont extract premolars and just move the upper teeth a little behind your literal bone will not move with them? Braces are not a magic trick, is it. They can only move teeth
I have braces right now, I speak from my experience

• So Sad
Reactions: liberiangrimreaper
I'll speak from personal experience.

Do not get metal braces.

I needed braces and I got metal braces at the age of 15. Over time, it narrowed my palate, which made my face grow downward and recessed my mandible and maxilla.

I, not knowing about looksmaxing and aesthetics, didn't realize this because it was all slow.

It was only shortly after discovering this forum did I learn the truth.
I was recessed.

I haven't recovered since then...

• +1
Reactions: gabbeascend and ey88

Do not get metal braces.

I needed braces and I got metal braces at the age of 15. Over time, it narrowed my palate, which made my face grow downward and recessed my mandible and maxilla.

I, not knowing about looksmaxing and aesthetics, didn't realize this because it was all slow.

I was recessed.

If you needed braces you were already recessed

• +1
Reactions: watah, teefight and mirrormogger
I saw my before and after pictures. I wasn't recessed.
when I heard about your bad experience I've remembered my little brother who is getting braces soon , me imagining what would happen to him destroyed me inside and almost cried because i care deeply about him.
My little brother hit his head strongly against a wall when he was young and his teeths are not good looking, he will get braces anytime soon, he is 13 , what can I do ? at what age should he do braces to fix his teeths ? What's your recommendations, pls help me

• Woah
Reactions: enchanted_elixir
when I heard about your bad experience I've remembered my little brother who is getting braces soon , me imagining what would happen to him destroyed me inside and almost cried because i care deeply about him.
My little brother hit his head strongly against a wall when he was young and his teeths are not good looking, he will get braces anytime soon, he is 13 , what can I do ? at what age should he do braces to fix his teeths ? What's your recommendations, pls help me
He can't get dental replacements?
If he has to get braces, get Invisalign, not metal braces.

He can't get dental replacements?
If he has to get braces, get Invisalign, not metal braces.
I think he would get the metal one , I live in a third world country, Invisalign are not a thing here

• So Sad
a third world country
Maxresdefault

Why would invaslign be better if they do the exact same thing?
Metal braces modify the whole palate in the process of straightening teeth.
Invisalign is more focused on the exact teeth that needs help.

I think he would get the metal one , I live in a third world country, Invisalign are not a thing here
All I can recommend is that he mews throughout the process.

All I can recommend is that he mews throughout the process.
I will do my best to convince my parents to not let him do braces , would be better to do braces after finishing puberty?

• Hmm...
I will do my best to convince my parents to not let him do braces , would be better to do braces after finishing puberty?
I don't know about that to be fair.

• +1
Reactions: Litekiller11
Braces are not bad, extractions are bad. Also damon braces mog inv*salign to obvilion

They’re just trying to cope with their shitty bone structure and looking to blame it on someone.

• +1
Reactions: watah and Suns9999
If teeth aren't crooked outward, will braces still make them move backward? This can make your lips appear flat.

If teeth aren't crooked outward, will braces still make them move backward? This can make your lips appear flat.
Yes, you can, but the effect will be a little less visible. Flatter lips sometimes exactly is a solution, since some people just have a very protruding lips/teeth which make their chin look recessed, even tho its not

Bullshit don't trust everybody here they were already recessed before braces and they blame it on braces but brace can make u recessed in one case : teeth extractions otherwise no they straighten ur teeth and that's it.
People here just mentally ill

Bro braces can only move teeth. Not your jaw. As long as you dont allow the dentist to move your brothers teeth back, he wont be f-ed.

Bro braces can only move teeth. Not your jaw. As long as you dont allow the dentist to move your brothers teeth back, he wont be f-ed.
He have an overbite so his teeth will be pushed back

Do not get metal braces.

I was recessed.

Brutal what would you recommend