why some look better in selfies than others

appealmaxed

appealmaxed

Ascending…
i feel like people with wide jaws are less effected by distortion than people with narrower jaws for example

this true?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: depressionmaxxing and goldpill
very lean people look better in selfies than just thin or not so lean people. irl diff story

• +1
Reactions: appealmaxed
i look better in pics idk why

very lean people look better in selfies than just thin or not so lean people.
thin as in skinnyfat?
wouldve thought thin people have low bf

thin as in skinnyfat?
wouldve thought thin people have low bf
ive seen not ripped people called thin( they may have fat arms or thighs for eg) while lean refers to 10 percent bf

• +1
Reactions: appealmaxed
Brutally over if you cope with "oh bro, it's lens distortion bro". Just look at your local chadlite and htn on Instagram they look natural and almost as attractive even with selfie.

If you look bad in selfies and need to autistically readjust angles, then you look bad in real life.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 51465 and EggKing
Brutally over if you cope with "oh bro, it's lens distortion bro". Just look at your local chadlite and htn on Instagram they look natural and almost as attractive even with selfie.

If you look bad in selfies and need to autistically readjust angles, then you look bad in real life.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: rubberduck, EggKing, Detective and 2 others
My face is too wide, selfies are 2d no depth

• +1
Reactions: EggKing
i mog in selfie

This

The topic of photos and reflections is a world of its own. I've always seen myself in the mirror or in the reflection of a window, and I think, 'I look good.' Even when I take pictures of myself in the mirror without much effort, without using filters or any detailed production, I still feel good about how I look. However, for some reason, when I see myself in photos that represent 'how I should look,' meaning those not reflected, I think, 'too bad.'

I wonder if the reflection plays an important role in understanding the aesthetics and beauty of things.

selfies distort some ratios brutally more than others like chin to philtrum, ipd and fwhr so if you already have a short chin it's gonna be fucked in a selfie (i would know)

also if your jaw isn't super sharp then the lens distortion makes that slight rounding in your jaw turn your head into a complete circle when you take a selfie without angle frauding

• +1
Reactions: rand anon
Yea I look better in selfies because I have a wide jaw/wide face so the lens distortion that makes face narrower actually looks better on me. I look bloated af in proper photos without lens distortion :(

Also depends on phone. If you have a shitty chinese phone with a 1mm focal length, you'll look like ass even if Chad. A Chadlite has a much higher chance of owning an expensive phone = maybe better camera. Now if you still look bad even with a good phone camera then it's just over I guess.

Inward Gonions look bad in selfies; IRL they don't really affect attractiveness that much

The topic of photos and reflections is a world of its own. I've always seen myself in the mirror or in the reflection of a window, and I think, 'I look good.' Even when I take pictures of myself in the mirror without much effort, without using filters or any detailed production, I still feel good about how I look. However, for some reason, when I see myself in photos that represent 'how I should look,' meaning those not reflected, I think, 'too bad.'

I wonder if the reflection plays an important role in understanding the aesthetics and beauty of things.
who’s your avi?

You are coping if you think Chads take one quick selfie and look good in it. They have to find the right angle, have to consider the lightning conditions etc. and take multiple selfies before picking out the perfect one

Last edited:
You are coping if you think Chads take one quick selfie and look good in it. They have to fight the right angle, have to consider the lightning conditions etc. and take multiple selfies before picking out the perfect one
IMG 8647

• JFL
Reactions: Pietrosiek
Lens distortion

which would effect everyone
doesn’t explain why some look better than other in selfie
Some types of faces are less affected than others basically