why you are not motivated to start new things

D

Deleted member 1660

Diamond
You are too attached to things that waste time such as gaming, social media, etc, because you think that you are missing out on something fun, however, when you do the activity you desire, you start to regret it or notice that your expectations were over exaggerated. It is this endless cycle of wanting to quit,but starting again because you cannot be happy without having fun. You cannot have the drive and discipline to build a skill that takes time, which makes you impatient, because trying to learn something new is a struggle and it might not always be enjoyable. If you always want to have fun, fun, fun, and you stop caring about learning new things because you are afraid to challenge yourself. In the current digital world we live in, we have wired our brains into enjoying things that are not beneficial to us, causing us to avoid the good things, because doing the right thing is harder than doing the wrong thing. Since we are always having fun, how come our past generations were way more happier than us? How come our generation is more depressed? Preventing ourselves from being bored has turned people into mindless NPC’s who do not have any purpose in society other than to consume fun. I had this same issue too when I was too attached to playing Minecraft and sometimes even felt sad because I couldn’t play it; I felt as if I was missing out on something. After gooming for five hours straight I realized how I literally missed out on nothing and I just did the same shit as last time. My brain always thought “this time will be interesting”,“this time will be interesting”,“this time will be interesting” each session however I just reached a dead end. This constant cycle literally sometimes made me feel depressed and just hate my life at times, especially during quarantine. It is kind of like how gambling addicts work, constantly rolling the slot machine expecting a prize, but losing each time and continuing anyway. While talking to myself I realized that being bored is very good for you because it motivates you to try something new as even anything that can keep you busy is enough to make you happy. This allows you to start learning new things, have increased creativity, and maybe learn a new skill because it is the most healthy way to get your dopamine.

Solutions to have the drive to do new things and be happy:

1. Dopamine detox: stop going on social media, electronics, or anything that releases dopamine. TLDR: be bored. ← Most important one.
  2. Stop procrastinating and looking at dumb shit.
  3. Tell your mind to GET THE FUCK UP. Get the match lighting.
  4. Accept the fact that you can’t learn a skill properly without accepting that there will be difficulties.
  5. CONSUME LESS PRODUCE MORE
  6. You can’t be happy without gratitude
  7. If you truly care about it, you will make the time for it
  8. Life is as good as your mindset

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: Hipcel, Deleted member 14392, Aqua and 18 others

• JFL
Reactions: Mouthbreath
:hnghn:

• Ugh..
Reactions: Hipcel
Great thread!

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1660
lack of motivation is simply too much time wasted in front of your pc
find reasons to go outside as often as you can so motivation and plans can form in your mind

• +1
Reactions: Cristiano88
can confirm

• +1
Reactions: sub5inchcel
Good thread indeed. Wasting time is probably one this generations biggest problems. Technology video games social media etc will only ever get more and more stimulating, making the real world seem less and less interesting. We’ve essentially got really smart at wasting time. After all, the modern template for social media is essentially in part designed by psychologists who know how to hijack the human brain.
thanks for the thread, ima go read a book now

• +1
Reactions: sub5inchcel, nidus and Deleted member 5786
I agree. Cut down my screen significantly the last month and studied harder than ever before and also approached and fucked a new girl which I‘m pretty sure wouldn’t have happened if I fucked my brain up with useless dopamine sources

• +1
Reactions: sub5inchcel
ok david goggins

bro if I was really to make an alt, why would I use the same pfp. I just watched rocky IV and dolph lundgren has 10/10 aesthetics so I chose this. It is just a coincidence.

• Hmm...
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Hipcel, Deleted member 14478, ALP and 3 others
Cuz everything is rigged against us

COPE! Not being Chad means your life is worthless

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14478
Do you watch ice cold jt?

Why I'm not motivated? Because I hate how I look, and no amount of surgery (excluding OBO) can fix this (long midface, low IPD). So in short, no amount of cash/work towards a goal can actually help me achieve this goal. So I have absolutely no motivation anymore.

• +1
no way that's crazy

• +1