Why you should take time out of your day to take long walks and runs in nature

Earth Dollar

Earth Dollar

Victim of autocorrect
There is nothing better for me mentally. I usually go on a 6 to 10 mile walk depending on the day and then run for 4 to miles. I feel better mentally and more refreshed especially when I have a big jug of cold water with me. Just feeling the breeze and sunlight. Nothing like it. But here is also many health benefits that come with taking long walk. Here are some.

1. Insulin Sensitivity
Running and walking can dramatically improve insulin sensitivity. Many studies have shown it also aids in glucose movement into the muscles better.

2. Mental wellness:
I found personally in myself that taking long walks and runs gives me a relaxing feeling afterwards and I am pretty chill for the rest of the day. I approach things with a much clearer mind. Not much can can upset me. It’s great feeling.

3. It gives me time to come up with ideas:

I have time to think to think about things to myself away from the noise of urban life. Gives me time to think about my life and what I want to do. I find myself more motivated afterwards.

4.Gets blood circulating

Especially when I go for my 4 mile runs. I can feel the blood circulating within me and it feels amazing. It also shows in my skin. Afterwards I am glowing. I also sleep better at night when I run.

5. Sweating:

Going on long runs and induces a lot sweat which gets rid of many of the toxins elements in your body as well as the impurities within your skin. I feel much healthier afterwards.

6. Increases lung capacity:

I found once I started going on long walks everyday and runs my lung capacity dramatically increased after 3 months. After a year I don’t even get that out of breath after doing 4 to 5 mile runs. I am pretty sure getting more fresh air also has something to do with this. I do track at my university and I barely get winded after an intense sprint. It’s truly amazing.

7. Stamina increase

When I started doing walks and runs everyday my stamina had increased dramatically. I stated out doing 3 mile walks and 1 mile runs everyday in nature just for a moderate amount excerise outside of the urban area. Now I am able to do usually 6 miles a day of walking and 4 miles of running in the same span of time and still have a lot of energy. Some days when I have a lot of free time I can run for 10 miles and still not feel that exhausted. And walk for 13 miles. Since I am in university these days don’t happen that often but when they do it feels amazing.

Now I am just talking from what I have personally experienced but everybody will experience different things and benefits. But from experience the benefits are amazing.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 16371, Pharmaceutic, ellisadrian and 10 others
Good thread but bad idea to post it on this site where losers here don't even leave their house, let alone do sports or see the sun

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 7580, Stopping@Nothing19 and Earth Dollar
Good thread but bad idea to post it on this site where losers here don't even leave their house, let alone do sports or see the sun
sun ages you

• JFL
Reactions: optimisticzoomer, Stopping@Nothing19, Umbra and 1 other person
I need to keep that in mind. It’s seems like the most here are only interested in trolling and starting race wars instead of actually looksmaxxing. Pathetic tbh. I am prepared for assholes to come in here and make comments. Oh well I guess this will be for the people actually interested in improving.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: looksforlife and Umbra
Based

• +1
Reactions: Earth Dollar
Yeah it's good for you physically and mentally

• +1
Reactions: Moggie and Earth Dollar
I need to keep that in mind. It’s seems like the most here are only interested in trolling and starting race wars instead of actually looksmaxxing. Pathetic tbh. I am prepared for assholes to come in here and make comments. Oh well I guess this will be for the people actually interested in improving.
There are a few, but they're a minority and shitpost sometimes, especially if you're a new user
sun ages you
Maybe if you tan hard like Gandy and don't have the genes and lifestyle for it. Even then it will age you when you're like 40, it's better to look nt that you go out and tan and not be a pale loser, that's how the stereotypical incel loser looks like, pale from rotting all day indoors

• +1
sun ages you
:lul:

true when i walk to work i feel kind of good afterwards.

• +1
true when i walk to work i feel kind of good afterwards.
Yeah I feel good and have a clearer mind.

When I take runs especially long runs I get a feeling of accomplishment throughout the day.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16683
Have you tried sungazing? You will reap those benefits x50 when you sungaze for 10 min

I run 5k in the park a few times a week and I can easily do a 30km mountain hike in a day... still incel. No hiking for your face.