Wide maxilla kind of sucks

Allornothing

Allornothing

All for nothing
Assume you look good with a cheekbone width that is 90% the width of your jaw (a generally accepted standard), and both your jaw and cheekbones are wide (absolute values, not relative):

The wider your maxilla is, the less laterally projecting your cheekbones can be in order to maintain this ratio for a constant jaw width. (Cheekbone width can be thought of as maxilla width + lateral cheekbone projection.)

Maxillae.jpg

For a constant cheekbone mass, a wider maxilla will increase your bizygomatic width.

This means less potential for hollow cheeks and your zygomatic arch will never look prominent. A wider palate can make this worse but not significantly. If you wanted to increase lateral cheekbone projection, it is likely you would have to increase jaw width if your bizygo:bigonial was already ideal. This is a pain in the ass and too much jaw width can offset harmony and balance.

CjOLVi_WgAAq2m_.jpg

Narrow maxilla, excellent cheekbone and arch definition from the side.

05cf19314ababd243c60592b1a14537a.jpg

Wider maxilla. Less cheek hollowing (ceteris paribus) and less cheekbone definition from the side but still has good cheekbone width. Inb4 hurr durr Robert Pattinson mogs. Yes, but more cheekbone projection from the side would ascend him hard and looks great on anyone.

Essentially, if your maxilla is wide, cheekbone implants/filler would make your cheekbones too wide and unaesthetic, especially since your temples will be narrower relative to your cheekbones and jaw (if you get jaw implants).

If you have good cheekbone width, yet no hollow cheeks at low bodyfat % despite good anterior cheekbone projection, then it's basically over. Looks something like this and you would basically have to anorexiamax:

ea1da29bf609e53a1aa335618568c14d.jpg

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: mrriceguyreturn, agoostis, Whatashame and 9 others
Assume you look good with a cheekbone width that is 90% the width of your jaw (a generally accepted standard), and both your jaw and cheekbones are wide (absolute values, not relative):

The wider your maxilla is, the less laterally projecting your cheekbones can be in order to maintain this ratio for a constant jaw width. (Cheekbone width can be thought of as maxilla width + lateral cheekbone projection.)

Maxillae.jpg

For a constant cheekbone mass, a wider maxilla will increase your bizygomatic width.

This means less potential for hollow cheeks and your zygomatic arch will never look prominent. A wider palate can make this worse but not significantly. If you wanted to increase lateral cheekbone projection, it is likely you would have to increase jaw width if your bizygo:bigonial was already ideal. This is a pain in the ass and too much jaw width can offset harmony and balance.

CjOLVi_WgAAq2m_.jpg

Wider maxilla. Less cheek hollowing (ceteris paribus) and less cheekbone definition from the side but still has good cheekbone width. Inb4 hurr durr Robert Pattinson mogs. Yes, but more cheekbone projection from the side would ascend him hard and looks great on anyone.

Essentially, if your maxilla is wide, cheekbone implants/filler would make your cheekbones too wide and unaesthetic, especially since your temples will be narrower relative to your cheekbones and jaw (if you get jaw implants).

If you have good cheekbone width, yet no hollow cheeks at low bodyfat % despite good anterior cheekbone projection, then it's basically over. Looks something like this and you would basically have to anorexiamax:

nigga what jfl

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2816, valhalar and Deleted member 21044
nigga what jfl
Staring The Walking Dead GIF

Some people have ideal cheekbone width but no hollow cheeks even when they are lean and have a good ogee curve. I believe this is because their maxilla is too wide and their cheekbones lack lateral projection. The former is pretty much impossible to be fixed as far as I know.

• +1
Reactions: nofap, greywind, Giorgio and 4 others
subhuman slavcel trait

• +1
Reactions: Allornothing
high iq thread actually
nessman has a narrow baby palate with great cheekbones from the side especially
tqxzzdmckwz81.png
simon-nessman-1_raannt.jpg
Simon_Nessman.jpg
Simon-Nessman.jpg

it has to be nuanced though because Kortajarena has a wide palate and really good zygos from a side view as well, i guess he just has insane projection?
c166ef51475e1e2e3532bd3946808e79.jpg
438a17053018840876da9e8bd627371a.jpg
(i know it's photoshoot lighting still mogs)
jon_kortajarena_by_muldrin_d837l77-fullview.jpg
5065b9413eac74f9875c94eec1634c8b.jpg

• +1
Reactions: greywind, 5.5psl, Deleted member 15854 and 1 other person
Assume you look good with a cheekbone width that is 90% the width of your jaw (a generally accepted standard)

This is where it goes wrong though and why I'm not following what you mean exactly. It's the other way around.

Ideally it's the other way around - you want your bigonial width to be around 90% the width of your bizygomatic width. This is why people have hollow cheeks - their zygomatic processes stretches the skin perpendicular to their jaw area, creating "hollows" (e.g. indentures) in the skin.

People like me without hollows at low BF% usually have giga FWHR with a wide and well-developed jaw, but lack sufficient zygomatic processes in relation to our jaws.

• +1
  • Woah
  • So Sad
Reactions: greywind, valhalar, Ukcel1388 and 4 others
Assume you look good with a cheekbone width that is 90% the width of your jaw (a generally accepted standard)

This is where it goes wrong though and why I'm not following what you mean exactly. It's the other way around.

Or, ideally it's the other way around - you want your bigonial width to be around 90% the width of your bizygomatic width. This is why people have hollow cheeks - their zygomatic processes stretch the skin perpendicular to their jaw area, creating "hollows" (e.g. indentures) in the skin.

People like me without hollows at low BF% usually have giga FWHR with a wide and well-developed jaw, but lack sufficient s

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: YoYqkim and Deleted member 26640

Or, ideally it's the other way around - you want your bigonial width to be around 90% the width of your bizygomatic width. This is why people have hollow cheeks - their zygomatic processes stretches the skin perpendicular to their jaw area, creating "hollows" (e.g. indentures) in the skin.

People like me without hollows at low BF% usually have giga FWHR with a wide and well-developed jaw, but lack sufficient zygomas.

• JFL
  • So Sad
  • Ugh..
Reactions: agoostis, greywind, Alexanderr and 3 others
ok what the fuck is happening with this forum...

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: greywind, Alexanderr, MSEinvestigator and 5 others

Ideally it's the other way around - you want your bigonial width to be around 90% the width of your bizygomatic width. This is why people have hollow cheeks - their zygomatic processes stretches the skin perpendicular to their jaw area, creating "hollows" (e.g. indentures) in the skin.
You're right I just got it the wrong way round and now it's too late to edit the thread brutal.

Bigonial should be 90% of bizygomatic.

• +1
Reactions: greywind, Bushman, Deleted member 22623 and 1 other person
ok what the fuck is happening with this forum...
Idk why but everytime I post I get a server error and it always saves my post drafts at the bottom, even if I delete it and refresh the page. I assume it just carries over to my threads. I wish the mods would fix it.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 22623
Idk why but everytime I post I get a server error and it always saves my post drafts at the bottom, even if I delete it and refresh the page. I assume it just carries over to my threads. I wish the mods would fix it.

forum is a monie machine designed to steal all our jewros

thats why they have flashy VIP names u can pay for, but the core functionality is in the gutter

• +1
high iq thread actually
tqxzzdmckwz81.png
Simon_Nessman.jpg
Simon-Nessman.jpg

it has to be nuanced though because Kortajarena has a wide palate and really good zygos from a side view as well, i guess he just has insane projection?

I don't believe wide palate (lower maxilla) has any significant effect. Look at MSE results, shit barely changes cheekbone width. By maxilla width, I mainly meant the width of the upper maxilla and this is more genetic. This is what will affect cheekbone width.

Kortajarena has a wide lower maxilla but a narrow upper maxilla which is ideal.

• +1
Reactions: nofap, greywind, Deleted member 15854 and 2 others
I don't believe wide palate (lower maxilla) has any significant effect. Look at MSE results, shit barely changes cheekbone width. By maxilla width, I mainly meant the width of the upper maxilla and this is more genetic. This is what will affect cheekbone width.

that makes much more sense

• +1
high iq thread actually
tqxzzdmckwz81.png
Simon_Nessman.jpg
Simon-Nessman.jpg

NARROW PALATECELS WE CANT STOP WINNING

• JFL
Reactions: bugeye, Bushman and cancercell
  • JFL
Reactions: greywind, horizontallytall, Iblamejordan and 12 others

It’s over.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20631
Narrow palate makes it easier to achieve hollow cheeks but it looks subhuman.
Excessively wide palate looks subhuman as well, there’s probably an ideal palate size that allows you to have a good smile while not affecting your ability to get hollow cheeks

• +1
Excessively wide palate looks subhuman as well, there’s probably an ideal palate size that allows you to have a good smile while not affecting your ability to get hollow cheeks
I have a very wide palate but big teeth so it looks quite good. It's small teeth that really fucks people imo. It means that it's over for me, though, since my maxilla is wide. Wide maxilla + wide palate = game, set, match for hollow cheeks.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20631
people with wider and shorter maxilla's have more forward growth potential

• Hmm...
people with wider and shorter maxilla's have more forward growth potential
I don’t see how it affects forward growth potential really. My point was that most of your cheekbone width should come lateral cheekbone projection. If your cheekbones are wide but your zygos are weak then you can’t really both achieve hollow cheeks and look aesthetic (implants or filler would make the face too wide). If your cheekbones are narrow and your zygos are weak then you have good looksmaxing potential from filler or implants.

Last edited:
maybe ur onto something here ngl, think i have this porblem

Some people have ideal cheekbone width but no hollow cheeks even when they are lean and have a good ogee curve. I believe this is because their maxilla is too wide and their cheekbones lack lateral projection. The former is pretty much impossible to be fixed as far as I know.
am I the only one who wants very low bf without hollow cheeks?

• +1

The only reason I want hollow cheeks is because it’s such a striking feature and immediately separates you from the rest. Some people look better without it though.

Can you see what I have?

maybe ur onto something here ngl, think i have this porblem

You’re a good example because your cheekbone and jaw widths are good but, like me, your cheekbones lack lateral projection so trying to fix it would mess up ratios or, at the very least, require other procedures to kee the ratios constant (changing jaw and temples).

Your main problems seem to be bf % and chin. Do you have an overbite?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15854
Can you see what I have?
View attachment 2138696
My brother I can’t see your palate width when your mouth is closed and censored ☠️. Your upper maxilla is quite narrow though and your cheekbones are laterally protruding which is ideal (too much prominence can be a bad thing). This combination has obviously given you hollow cheeks and a good cheekbone width.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15854 and Magnum Opus
You’re a good example because your cheekbone and jaw widths are good but, like me, your cheekbones lack lateral projection so trying to fix it would mess up ratios or, at the very least, require other procedures to kee the ratios constant (changing jaw and temples).

Your main problems seem to be bf % and chin. Do you have an overbite?
ye slight overbite i think. i agree with chin but im already low bf however lack of bones makes me bloatcel, can see in link below. ye im depserately trynna get zygo projection lol, been making alot of threads on that recently but probs only malar implants is feasible option. also recessed lower maxilla is brutal

My brother I can’t see your palate width when your mouth is closed and censored ☠️. Your upper maxilla is quite narrow though and your cheekbones are laterally protruding which is ideal (too much prominence can be a bad thing). This combination has obviously given you hollow cheeks and a good cheekbone width.
u need lower maxilla, that curved out philtrum with zygo proj too i think for mogger hollow cheeks. bad lower maxilla with good zygo proj could end up naso folds cel

• +1
prime dnr thread 🥰

• +1
ye slight overbite i think. i agree with chin but im already low bf however lack of bones makes me bloatcel, can see in link below. ye im depserately trynna get zygo projection lol, been making alot of threads on that recently but probs only malar implants is feasible option. also recessed lower maxilla is brutal

Honestly I would say your bones are actually quite good except for inward gonions. I wouldn’t say any part of your maxilla is recessed (assuming you actually just mean lacking in projection). Since you’re already lean, moving your jaw forward and fixing that bite should be your priority, even just from a functional standpoint.

In your case since your ratios are quite good, you could maybe experiment with filler for lateral cheekbone projection first, and then decide on implants if you like the ratios in your final result. I myself would prioritise anterior cheekbone projection to compensate for the lack of lateral projection. This could give you more cheek definition and hollowing without fucking your ratios. Remember though that if your cheekbones are further forward than your maxilla, the style of hollow cheeks you can achieve will change.

• +1
u need lower maxilla, that curved out philtrum with zygo proj too i think for mogger hollow cheeks. bad lower maxilla with good zygo proj could end up naso folds cel
My upper and lower incisors tip forward slightly which gave me a curved philtrum. It might have changed the shape of and/or reduced the perceived size of my chin a bit though.

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead and Deleted member 15854
Honestly I would say your bones are actually quite good except for inward gonions. I wouldn’t say any part of your maxilla is recessed (assuming you actually just mean lacking in projection). Since you’re already lean, moving your jaw forward and fixing that bite should be your priority, even just from a functional standpoint.

In your case since your ratios are quite good, you could maybe experiment with filler for lateral cheekbone projection first, and then decide on implants if you like the ratios in your final result. I myself would prioritise anterior cheekbone projection to compensate for the lack of lateral projection. This could give you more cheek definition and hollowing without fucking your ratios. Remember though that if your cheekbones are further forward than your maxilla, the style of hollow cheeks you can achieve will change.
wow, thank you for the very insightful and helpful reply. i truly appreciate that rare kindness. ye 100% agree and contemplating genio, fillers for projection. idk if i need more lateral tbh, could end up es ratio, uncanny bloatcel. but definetely need more proj

• +1
My upper and lower incisors tip forward slightly which gave me a curved philtrum. It might have changed the shape of and/or reduced the perceived size of my chin a bit though.
ye, i think mine is coz i had extractions tho, lost a full tooth worth of bone :feelswah:

• So Sad
ye, i think mine is coz i had extractions tho, lost a full tooth worth of bone :feelswah:
Wide palate is everything man otherwise dentists will pull your maxilla back and remove bone from your jaw when you’re young and dumb.

• +1
@NegativeNorwood they are beginning to wake up

• Woah
  • Hmm...
Reactions: NegativeNorwood, Deleted member 15854 and Allornothing
@NegativeNorwood they are beginning to wake up

Mmm, I think a wide maxilla is good, as it gives a wide palate. I think cheekbones that are too wide is what is bad, and gives a balloon head look. Assuming the maxilla is of good width, with proper dental arches, and the zygos small posteriorly and high set with adequate anterior projection, hollow cheeks should form if the jaw is properly developed, without excessive masseter hypertrophy. The combo is extremely rare and I haven't seen anyone yet with it.

Imagine this morph but with cheek hollowing:

Screenshot 2022 10 27 16 10 25 04 bd064e5e54c694197ca90726dfda64d8 3

Closest I got to that is my current avi:

Ideal bones

Both would look extremely sculpted IRL, as the template (O'pry, who also looks chiseled on it's own) looks bloated in comparison (due to the jaw and masseters):

Screenshot 2022 10 27 16 00 50 99 680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7 2
Screenshot 2022 10 27 16 10 25 04 bd064e5e54c694197ca90726dfda64d8 3
Ideal bones

• +1
Reactions: Giorgio and Deleted member 15854
Mmm, I think a wide maxilla is good, as it gives a wide palate. I think cheekbones that are too wide is what is bad, and gives a balloon head look. Assuming the maxilla is of good width, with proper dental arches, and the zygos small posteriorly and high set with adequate anterior projection, hollow cheeks should form if the jaw is properly developed, without excessive masseter hypertrophy. The combo is extremely rare and I haven't seen anyone yet with it.

Imagine this morph but with cheek hollowing:

View attachment 2145112

Closest I got to that is my current avi:

View attachment 2145115

Both would look extremely sculpted IRL, as the template (O'pry, who also looks chiseled on it's own) looks bloated in comparison (due to the jaw and masseters):

View attachment 2145126View attachment 2145112View attachment 2145115
wow never seen a psl god mogged that hard jfl, 8psl morph

• Love it
Reactions: NegativeNorwood
wow never seen a psl god mogged that hard jfl, 8psl morph

Thanks man, it took me more than a year to figure this out. Those two morphs are 8 PSL for me too, the small, high cheekbones + actually good jaw and features that have good averageness are an unmoggable combo IMO.

• +1
Reactions: greywind, Giorgio and Deleted member 15854
Thanks man, it took me more than a year to figure this out. Those two morphs are 8 PSL for me too, the small, high cheekbones + actually good jaw and features that have good averageness are an unmoggable combo IMO.
bro figured out harmonymaxxing, mirin

• +1
Reactions: NegativeNorwood
@RealSurgerymax

• Hmm...
Reactions: Aero

Maxillae.jpg

CjOLVi_WgAAq2m_.jpg

the ideal was never 90%, it was always 110%. And hollow cheeks are not onlu about lateral proeminence but how forward the cheekbones are as well, and there are other facors that influence it such as bloat and fat pads. Hollow cheeks are not ideal for everyone, this last pic guy is a good example of that.

• +1
I doubt that maxilla width has any effect on cheekbone projection. Why would it? From the front you'd be just lacking infraorbitals and sides just lateral cheekbone growth. It's the same as saying that you want missing teeth for hollow cheeks instead of that your cheekbones are narrow. Just like saying "teeth kind of suck" and showing a toothless person as an example of how great their cheekbones look.

the ideal was never 90%, it was always 110%. And hollow cheeks are not onlu about lateral proeminence but how forward the cheekbones are as well, and there are other facors that influence it such as bloat and fat pads. Hollow cheeks are not ideal for everyone, this last pic guy is a good example of that.
Shocked Dean Norris GIF by Breaking Bad

I’ve already explained I got it the wrong way round. Jaw should be 90% of zygos.

I doubt that maxilla width has any effect on cheekbone projection. Why would it? From the front you'd be just lacking infraorbitals and sides just lateral cheekbone growth. It's the same as saying that you want missing teeth for hollow cheeks instead of that your cheekbones are narrow. Just like saying "teeth kind of suck" and showing a toothless person as an example of how great their cheekbones look.
Dn rd everything but I said nothing about forward cheekbone projection. That’s solely down to the projection of your upper maxilla. I was talking about cheekbone width being a product of both upper maxilla width and cheekbone mass (lateral).