Wider mouth through palatal expansion? Palatal expansion in Europe.

LebenistneHure

LebenistneHure

Silver
I've got a couple of questions regarding palatal expansion. First of, who offers this in Europe? Anyone in Italy perhaps, or somewhere cheaper?

Second, could palatal expansion help with mouth width? I'm pretty sure it affects nasal base width.

Third, in case I need both palatal expansion and jaw surgery, I suppose you widen your palate first.

Lastly, I'm 25 years old, and probably will be able to afford this at 26. Does age pose an issue?

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: SOS-Sonic, Deleted member 6423, Lorsss and 1 other person
Are you Italian?
There is only 1 MSE provider in Italy and I had it with him. It won’t make your mouth noticeable wider but could make your nasal base wider. And yes age could be a problem, after 25 yo your palate bone is thicker and the device can fail.

• +1
Reactions: Erik-Jón, Lorsss and LebenistneHure
Are you Italian?
There is only 1 MSE provider in Italy and I had it with him. It won’t make your mouth noticeable wider but could make your nasal base wider. And yes age could be a problem, after 25 yo your palate bone is thicker and the device can fail.
I'm not Italian, but it's the closest country to me that I thought could be offering it. How much did you pay for the procedure? And yeah since my palate is thicc now, wouldn't they just surgically create the suture? Also, what were your results, did you achieve what you were going for, aesthetically and medically?

Last edited:
You would also need to expand your mandible if your bite is normal. It would be a big project that needs 1-1.5 years with braces.

I'm not Italian, but it's the closest country to me that I thought could be offering it. How much did you pay for the procedure? And yeah since my palate is thicc now, would they just surgically create the suture?
They will first try with the standard protocol, if it fails they will surgically cut the palatine suture. I paid 2500 € . It gave me wider cheekbones and a wide smile

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member and LebenistneHure
They will first try with the standard protocol, if it fails they will surgically cut the palatine suture. I paid 2500 € . It gave me wider cheekbones and a wide smile

I thought the MSE involved a corticopuncture
A surgical cut sounds more like a SARPE

I thought the MSE involved a corticopuncture
A surgical cut sounds more like a SARPE
This provider doesn’t use the corticopuncture, he prefers to use the MSE with 6 screws for stronger anchorage. If it fails they will weaken the suture with a surgical cut and place a new device to achieve the palatal expansion (similar to SARPE but with total maxillary expansion)

• +1
Reactions: LebenistneHure
You would also need to expand your mandible if your bite is normal. It would be a big project that needs 1-1.5 years with braces.
Yeah I'm fine with that.

That's pretty good. How long did it take, and how old were you when you had it?

Yeah I'm fine with that.

That's pretty good. How long did it take, and how old were you when you had it?
2 months for expansion and 3-4 months to fix the diastema. 24 yo

• +1
2 months for expansion and 3-4 months to fix the diastema. 24 yo
Only two months? I thought that you were supposed to wear the device for around a year or so. Alright. I don't assume you had to expand a lot by that token?

Only two months? I thought that you were supposed to wear the device for around a year or so. Alright. I don't assume you had to expand a lot by that token?
You need to wear it for an year yes but expansion requires something like 2 months. I had 10 mm expansion

• +1
Are you Italian?
Could you please share the name of this provider?

I've got a couple of questions regarding palatal expansion. First of, who offers this in Europe? Anyone in Italy perhaps, or somewhere cheaper?

Second, could palatal expansion help with mouth width? I'm pretty sure it affects nasal base width.

Third, in case I need both palatal expansion and jaw surgery, I suppose you widen your palate first.

Lastly, I'm 25 years old, and probably will be able to afford this at 26. Does age pose an issue?
a dr in düsseldorf performs mse if you wanna do the fast ascension route go with zarrinbal he expands upper and lower jaw and gives you bimax plus zso if you want

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Lawton88 and LebenistneHure
a dr in düsseldorf performs mse if you wanna do the fast ascension route go with zarrinbal he expands upper and lower jaw and gives you bimax plus zso if you want
How does dr Z expand the jaws, does he use MSDO or whatever its called for your lower jaw, or does he do it through chin wing? What about the upper jaw? Also you can send me the Düsseldorf doc's name in DM please. Cheers

Last edited:
How does dr Z expand the jaws, does he use MSDO or whatever its called for your lower jaw, or does he do it through chin wing? What about the upper jaw? Also you can send me the Düsseldorf doc's name in DM please. Cheers
I dont exactly know how he does it with the lower jaw but upper jaw is sarpe

• +1