Will AI replace programmers' jobs?

Bitch

Bitch

‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎
What are your thoughts on that?

I've recently watched a video and the guy said that programmers will still be needed since AI can't really write a whole app from scratch, though it can write many lines of code and functions. But people are still needed to ask the right type of question that only a programmer can ask and understand, and once the AI writes you a function that is usually a couple of lines of code, you still need to know where and how to implement it in the source code.

It can only be helpful as a tool that helps you code imo.

• +1
Reactions: Jigen and poopoohead
ChatGPT sucks for anything complex

• +1
Reactions: JovenCansao
It's comical that humans are working to replace themselves

• +1
Reactions: Informationcapitali, Jigen, poopoohead and 2 others
ChatGPT sucks for anything complex
Yes but not every firm out there needs a C++ wizard that is working on the next GTA game and advanced game mechanics.

There's also simpler junior dev positions out there for stuff like data analysis

AI will certainly replace programmers in the foreseeable future

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24444, tallnegga, Jigen and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14392 and EverythingMattersCel
Yeah it will but if you are a programmer right now you are safe, new ones in the future not so much

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Bitch
ChatGPT is a revolutionary tool that could bolster efficiency and productivity in a multitude of jobs ranging from software engineering, sales, customer service, marketing, finance etc. Employees who wield it effectively will probably become much more useful to their organizations. It's also an area of immense focus for investors now so it will probably become much more powerful and specialized (with products catering to specific industries, functions etc.) in the years to come due to massive investment and R&D.

It is possible such gains in employee productivity could reduce the need for headcount (can have fewer high quality employees boosted by AI that can match the output of non-AI enhanced employees at a lower cost)

Some speculate this could lead to a boost in entrepreneurship and innovation as displaced employees could be forced away from established corporations and left with no choice but start their own ventures.

But tbh this is all speculative and only time will tell. In my eyes it's one of the most significant innovations in a long time and its impact on humanity will probably be tremendous and complex.

Last edited:
ChatGPT is a revolutionary tool that could bolster efficiency and productivity in a multitude of jobs ranging from software engineering, sales, customer service, marketing, finance etc. Employees who wield it effectively will probably become much more useful to their organizations. It's also an area of immense focus for investors now so it will probably become much more powerful and specialized (with products catering to specific industries, functions etc.) in the years to come due to massive investment and R&D.

It is possible such gains in employee productivity could reduce the need for headcount (can have fewer high quality employees boosted by AI that can match the output of non-AI enhanced employees at a lower cost)

Some speculate this could lead to a boost in entrepreneurship and innovation as displaced employees could be forced away from established corporations and left with no choice but start their own ventures.

But tbh this is all speculative and only time will tell. In my eyes it's one of the most significant innovations in a long time and its impact on humanity will probably be tremendous and complex.
Seems like many programmers will also need to become entrepreneurs from what I've read. By doing freelancing which sucks since you constantly have to look for projects yourself and there is no guarantee you'll make enough money every month, so a constant battle for survival and endless stress. Some programmers will be forced to maybe even pick up some blue-collar jobs at that time, come home tired and then work as a freelancer. Just so they can secure that they will be able to survive that month. Or they could start their own companies which in most cases also take a long amount of time and money invested to actually start generating money and making profit.

While this is great for some and it presents a great opportunity for some people with good ideas, I find it pretty bad for me personally and people who are like me, who value time over money. It also means that job security is gone in the future and we have to remember that businesses fail daily.

My father is an entrepreneur, he works 6 days a week, sometimes even 10 hours a day and I said to myself that I will never become a CEO, but would rather focus on a high paying degree instead, which allows me to at least have weekends free and work 8 hours a day and not have to worry how my business is going to be doing tomorrow.

Tough times are ahead of us.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14392
Seems like many programmers will also need to become entrepreneurs from what I've read. By doing freelancing which sucks since you constantly have to look for projects yourself and there is no guarantee you'll make enough money every month, so a constant battle for survival and endless stress. Some programmers will be forced to maybe even pick up some blue-collar jobs at that time, come home tired and then work as a freelancer. Just so they can secure that they will be able to survive that month. Or they could start their own companies which in most cases also take a long amount of time and money invested to actually start generating money and making profit.

While this is great for some and it presents a great opportunity for some people with good ideas, I find it pretty bad for me personally and people who are like me, who value time over money. It also means that job security is gone in the future and we have to remember that businesses fail daily.

My father is an entrepreneur, he works 6 days a week, sometimes even 10 hours a day and I said to myself that I will never become a CEO, but would rather focus on a high paying degree instead, which allows me to at least have weekends free and work 8 hours a day.

Tough times are ahead of us.
Yes I see your concern. A bulk of programmers might get pushed out of traditionally cushy tech jobs at established companies (unless they are top tier applicants) and need to rough it out as free-lancers or entrepreneurs. That is a credible theory.

An alternative theory could be that massive boosts in programmer productivity could allow corporations to invest in more projects by spreading their talent across new ventures etc. Or perhaps more start-ups will pop up all over the place and draw from talent pools and offer more employment opportunities.

It's not clear cut what the impact will be.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14392 and Bitch
What are your thoughts on that?

I've recently watched a video and the guy said that programmers will still be needed since AI can't really write a whole app from scratch, though it can write many lines of code and functions. But people are still needed to ask the right type of question that only a programmer can ask and understand, and once the AI writes you a function that is usually a couple of lines of code, you still need to know where and how to implement it in the source code.

It can only be helpful as a tool that helps you code imo.
It will replace some of the Indian codemonkeys that we currently outsource some work to. It will be a code-completion tool integrated into our IDE's. But in general no.

Some boomers will probably try laying off their developers to save money and shoot themselves in the foot with it though.

The real long-term problem with AI is that it will get good enough that people will start trusting it to be correct over and above their own eyes, experience, reason, training, etc. and treat it as a pseudo-god.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14392, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Bitch
Yes I see your concern. A bulk of programmers might get pushed out of traditionally cushy tech jobs at established companies (unless they are top tier applicants) and need to rough it out as free-lancers or entrepreneurs. That is a credible theory.

An alternative theory could be that massive boosts in programmer productivity could allow corporations to invest in more projects by spreading their talent across new ventures etc. Or perhaps more start-ups will pop up all over the place and draw from talent pools and offer more employment opportunities.

It's not clear cut what the impact will be.
Exactly, let's hope for the second scenario to happen.

It will replace some of the Indian codemonkeys that we currently outsource some work to. It will be a code-completion tool integrated into our IDE's. But in general no.

Some boomers will probably try laying off their developers to save money and shoot themselves in the foot with it though.

The real long-term problem with AI is that it will get good enough that people will start trusting it to be correct over and above their own eyes, experience, reason, training, etc. and treat it as a pseudo-god.
I agree, devs might start developing stuff that they do not understand and is beyond their level of skill and once a bug or something pops up they're fucked

• +1
Reactions: John124
The same humans that are destroying their own planet, depleting its resources, and created weapons to make itself extinct. Not too far fetched.

• +1
Reactions: Bitch
The same humans that are destroying their own planet, depleting its resources, and created weapons to make itself extinct. Not too far fetched.

u sound like a woman

• JFL
Reactions: Jigen
if you can get rich AND make many normoids jobless in the process that's extremely based :Comfy: