Will braces fuck up my face at 17

Vetar

Vetar

Iron
I'm 17 years old and will be going to get braces because my teeth are crooked, I have a huge overbite to the point where my bottom row is invisible when I smile. Will braces make me recessed if I don't get extractions or elastics?

Edit: Here is my side profile

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240801_004408_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240801_004408_Gallery.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nope, if you are already recessed; it’s better to be recessed with good teeth than to be recessed with bad teeth.

• +1
Reactions: aestheticsrespecter and Jova
I don't really look recessed I think my jaw is actually pretty good I'm scared if that's gonna get fucked up

I'm 17 years old and will be going to get braces because my teeth are crooked, I have a huge overbite to the point where my bottom row is invisible when I smile. Will braces make me recessed if I don't get extractions or elastics?

just talk to ur ortho and express any concerns that u have with them, more than likely you'll end up with good results

• +1
Reactions: Vetar
just talk to ur ortho and express any concerns that u have with them, more than likely you'll end up with good results
I'm going tomorrow to see him I'll tell him all my concerns, I've seen some horrible before and after braces photos and I got horrified

I'm going tomorrow to see him I'll tell him all my concerns, I've seen some horrible before and after braces photos and I got horrified
Yeah i feel you, I didn't have the best results w braces because I started them when I was super young which would seem like a good thing but its not. I knew nothing about facial aesthetics and my entire braces journey would be based off what my mom and ortho wants. Be happy you're starting when you're knowledgeable about all this stuff. You'll be fine, just don't be scared to ask a lot of questions. Rather have them be a little annoyed with you and end up with good results.

• +1
Yeah i feel you, I didn't have the best results w braces because I started them when I was super young which would seem like a good thing but its not. I knew nothing about facial aesthetics and my entire braces journey would be based off what my mom and ortho wants. Be happy you're starting when you're knowledgeable about all this stuff. You'll be fine, just don't be scared to ask a lot of questions. Rather have them be a little annoyed with you and end up with good results.
I almost had braces when I was 10they wanted to do extractions but I was scared as a kid to get my teeth pulled out so my parents canceled it and I'm so glad that happened because I would be cooked now

Nope, if you are already recessed; it’s better to be recessed with good teeth than to be recessed with bad teeth.
how is he recessed i thought jaw projection past the glabella decided that

I almost had braces when I was 10they wanted to do extractions but I was scared as a kid to get my teeth pulled out so my parents canceled it and I'm so glad that happened because I would be cooked now
Yeah ur lucky, now that u have all the bp info u can ascend with braces

• +1
Would you show these photos?

You mean like show them to my dentist?
No, to me
I would like to see the horrible before and after braces photos

I'm also about to get braces and I'm trying to avoid risks

My parents won't let me get any surgeries
Holy SHART.
WHY THE FUCK DOES IT MATTER WHAT YOUR PARENTS THINK?
IF YOUR PARENTS TOLD YOU THAT EATING SHIT IS GOOD - WOULD YOU START EATING SHIT?

no

• +1