Will Braces stop growth?

Selenium

Selenium

naturemaxx for Jojo aesthetics🤩
Ive had damon braces for a year im 15 my parents already payed for the whole treatment and I only have like 6 months left of treatment I heard that it recesses jaw and just fucks up your skull overall some say it doesn't I really don't know what to do should I just rip the braces off rn jfl also my teeth are already pretty straight.

Attachments

• IMG_1523.jpeg
    IMG_1523.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1522.jpeg
    IMG_1522.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: sexy
Ive had damon braces for a year im 15 my parents already payed for the whole treatment and I only have like 6 months left of treatment I heard that it recesses jaw and just fucks up your skull overall some say it doesn't I really don't know what to do should I just rip the braces off rn jfl also my teeth are already pretty straight.
how tf is braces recessing the jaw

Its not like its pulling backwards

unless overbite

how tf is braces recessing the jaw

Its not like its pulling backwards

unless overbite
Idk fully tbh but it makes sense since it pulls teeth together in can restrict growth and especially in teens like myself also i saw @asdvek reply yo a post on it then i delved into and saw a few TikTok’s saying it was bad for growth

• +1
consult with a maxillofacial surgeon, they will give you real answer. braces can inhibit growth and cause recession. orthos will scam you if you let them

consult with a maxillofacial surgeon, they will give you real answer. braces can inhibit growth and cause recession. orthos will scam you if you let them
that will probably be my last resort but there are a few high iq accounts on here that might give better advice than a surgeon

• +1
it will only cause maxilla rescension if you are or did already wear rubber bands as they pull the maxilla back, otherwise it just straightens teeth.

• +1
Reactions: Selenium
that will probably be my last resort but there are a few high iq accounts on here that might give better advice than a surgeon
it's max $250 to talk to one, they will have the benefit of seeing you in person and in motion. They can give their professional opinion to the ortho so they have some real direction, as orthos always bend the knee to maxfac. If you go through with braces only and end up recessed, you will have to do decompression orthodontics for 1-2 years before you can do any surgery to fix skeletal discrepancies.

it will only cause maxilla rescension if you are or did already wear rubber bands as they pull the maxilla back, otherwise it just straightens teeth.
Could you elaborate how if you know cause the teeth being squished together preventing growth makes sense to me

it's max $250 to talk to one, they will have the benefit of seeing you in person and in motion. They can give their professional opinion to the ortho so they have some real direction, as orthos always bend the knee to maxfac. If you go through with braces only and end up recessed, you will have to do decompression orthodontics for 1-2 years before you can do any surgery to fix skeletal discrepancies.
Braces wont ruin my jaw that much bro also i font think i would need decompression orthodontics for surgery but their opinion would be nice for 250 tho🤦i would rather get lipolab for me and my bro

Braces wont ruin my jaw that much bro also i font think i would need decompression orthodontics for surgery but their opinion would be nice for 250 tho🤦i would rather get lipolab for me and my bro
just healthmax so you finish puberty

Some people say so, but tbh I had braces for two years and my jaw and maxilla have grown fine, I think it depends on what needs fixing, maybe braces for correcting bite could have the ability to recess you but idk.

Some people say so, but tbh I had braces for two years and my jaw and maxilla have grown fine, I think it depends on what needs fixing, maybe braces for correcting bite could have the ability to recess you but idk.
How old were you at the time because after 16 i dont think it affects growth as much as when your younger

• +1
Also most people who needed braces are recessed from the beginning. This causes not enough room for the teeth which results in cramming.
How old were you at the time because after 16 i dont think it affects growth as much as when your younger
15-17

The thing is, if you needed braces, you probably had an under developed jaw to begin with, hence not being able to fit all of your teeth, resulting in cramming.
Don’t worry too much about them, having straight teeth is still very important, and your face probably didn’t develop much less than it would’ve without them, if it even developed less at all.

Also most people who needed braces are recessed from the beginning. This causes not enough room for the teeth which results in cramming.

15-17
ty bro finnally a high iq response with elaboration. you think i should finish treatment i can pm photos if myself so u can give opinion if your willing to cu u seem educated on this

• +1
Reactions: sexy and ey88
ty bro finnally a high iq response with elaboration. you think i should finish treatment i can pm photos if myself so u can give opinion if your willing to cu u seem educated on this
If you’ve already started I would definitely finish

• +1
Reactions: Selenium