Will CCW bimax make my lower jaw shorter?

Lonenely sigma

Lonenely sigma

Future "username-o-plasty" candidate
I already have a very short chin, but since my lower jaw is downward grown and recessed I suppose I will have to do CCW bimax.

Will it make my lower jaw shorter or not? If yes, could I compensate with an invasive vertical genio?

I already have a very short chin, but since my lower jaw is downward grown and recessed I suppose I will have to do CCW bimax.

Will it make my lower jaw shorter or not? If yes, could I compensate with an invasive vertical genio?
No it will make the chin longer since the rotation point is usually the ANS. It also visually makes it longer since it is closer to the observer.

Avoid big vertical genios, as they are prone to giving lip incompetence

• +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma
No it will make the chin longer since the rotation point is usually the ANS. It also visually makes it longer since it is closer to the observer.

Avoid big vertical genios, as they are prone to giving lip incompetence
Makes sense. What do you think about doing CCW bimax first, pushing my lower jaw forwards, then doing vertical genio, and in case mentalis strain appears I get a chin implant (in combination with anterior genio) with mentalis holes made to suspense it for good?

Makes sense. What do you think about doing CCW bimax first, pushing my lower jaw forwards, then doing vertical genio, and in case mentalis strain appears I get a chin implant (in combination with anterior genio) with mentalis holes made to suspense it for good?
No scans no help can be provided.

I dont like your plan. Dont think they will work.

All your chin problems should be solved during bimax + a small genio unless you are a syndromatic patient, which you are probably not

No scans no help can be provided.

I dont like your plan. Dont think they will work.

All your chin problems should be solved during bimax + a small genio unless you are a syndromatic patient, which you are probably not
I know you can't provide a detailed explanation but if you have a few minutes I would really like to hear what do you think I should do in general, as I am completely lost currently.

Whenever I relax my lower jaw, it "drops", it looks giga recessed, quite tall, and I have a mentalis strain.

However, I always consciously keep my lips in a position that eliminates the strain. When I do so, my chin really does seem like its a problem on its own:

My question is, if after the bimax my chin in my relaxed jaw position looks somewhat similar to what it looks now when I am frauding, what can I do to fix it? Where should I go from there?

I know you can't provide a detailed explanation but if you have a few minutes I would really like to hear what do you think I should do in general, as I am completely lost currently.

Whenever I relax my lower jaw, it "drops", it looks giga recessed, quite tall, and I have a mentalis strain.

However, I always consciously keep my lips in a position that eliminates the strain. When I do so, my chin really does seem like its a problem on its own:

My question is, if after the bimax my chin in my relaxed jaw position looks somewhat similar to what it looks now when I am frauding, what can I do to fix it? Where should I go from there?
Are you jutting on the video? Just put a normal side profile picture

Are you jutting on the video? Just put a normal side profile picture
I am not jutting, but I am putting constant effort into making my lips touch, and my protruding lower lip makes it look weird

I am not jutting, but I am putting constant effort into making my lips touch, and my protruding lower lip makes it look weird
So you have a lip incompetence problem, not a jaw problem. there are many ways to try to fix it. I see no reason for bimax then

So you have a lip incompetence problem, not a jaw problem. there are many ways to try to fix it. I see no reason for bimax then
In general, how fixable is it? What factors determine if its fixable or not? As far as I am aware, lip incopetence doesn't have to be followed with mentalis strain, but when it is, is it harder to solve?

In general, how fixable is it? What factors determine if its fixable or not? As far as I am aware, lip incopetence doesn't have to be followed with mentalis strain, but when it is, is it harder to solve?
You can fix it with a genio that goes up; a small fat graft to part of your lips, can combine both
Depends on severity, needs exams

• +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma
You can fix it with a genio that goes up; a small fat graft to part of your lips, can combine both
Depends on severity, needs exams
So there's no way to get rid of the mentalis strain AND get a taller chin at the same time? I would rather have a tall chin and a mentalis strain which I can treat with botox than a short looking chin without it