Will CCW jaw Rotation make my lower third shorter?

.👽.

.👽.

everyone can get a GF except me💔
I Think yes. It fixes downward growth but it would make the lower third vertically shorter (f.e. by lowering the gonial angle, correcting plane etc) I would need a chinwing or vertical genio to compensate, right?

@DatGuyYouLike @Sergio-OMS

• +1
Reactions: oatmeal
Depends. If the CCW rotation is achieved by shortening the maxilla, then your lower third will increase in visible vertical height from the front and will increase much more so relatively to the upper face.

On the other hand if the CCW rotation is achieved through chewing, which mostly shortens your lower third by pushing your teeth into the gums, you will get fucked up looking chin.

The best CCW rotation is posterior vertical growth of the maxilla and the ramus. Then you don't have that feminine weird bloated short face while having a very robust jaw.

Something like this basically, a long maxilla and a vertically long jaw:

Image result for guts

• +1
Reactions: Ocelot
Depends. If the CCW rotation is achieved by shortening the maxilla, then your lower third will increase in visible vertical height from the front and will increase much more so relatively to the upper face.

On the other hand if the CCW rotation is achieved through chewing, which mostly shortens your lower third by pushing your teeth into the gums, you will get fucked up looking chin.

The best CCW rotation is posterior vertical growth of the maxilla and the ramus. Then you don't have that feminine weird bloated short face while having a very robust jaw.

Something like this basically, a long maxilla and a vertically long jaw:

Image result for guts
Dont know about the method but its done by a surgeon, not chewing.

So i shouldnt put both of my jaws vertically down for more jaw height? Thought it really shortens my lower jaw, because my jaw will be more parallel to the ground and not pointing at it (thats how i imagined)

Dont know about the method but its done by a surgeon, not chewing.

So i shouldnt put both of my jaws vertically down for more jaw height? Thought it really shortens my lower jaw, because my jaw will be more parallel to the ground and not pointing at it (thats how i imagined)
Explain procedure?

Explain procedure?
Well im getting bimax in 3 Weeks and i can add ccw. But the problem is, my lower is not parallel to the ground. My chin is pointing to the ground, so from the front it looks like i have a tall chin. Im scared that rotation my jaw and fixing my jaw angle will make my chin less tall from the front, because it doesnt stick out anymore.

Didnt ask how the ccw will be done tbh jfl

Well im getting bimax in 3 Weeks and i can add ccw. But the problem is, my lower is not parallel to the ground. My chin is pointing to the ground, so from the front it looks like i have a tall chin. Im scared that rotation my jaw and fixing my jaw angle will make my chin less tall from the front, because it doesnt stick out anymore.

Didnt ask how the ccw will be done tbh jfl
Forward movement of the jaw relative to the forehead always increases it's visible height from front due to optical illusion.

As for whether a long gonial angle or short gonial angle is attractive, idk, depends on ur face I guess.

• +1
Reactions: .👽.
Forward movement of the jaw relative to the forehead always increases it's visible height from front due to optical illusion.

As for whether a long gonial angle or short gonial angle is attractive, idk, depends on ur face I guess.
Oh so moving my maxilla forward will increase my philtrum optically?

Oh so moving my maxilla forward will increase my philtrum optically?
What is "moving maxilla forward" in this case? Typically only the lower maxilla is moved forward, which shortens the philtrum length. Overall good forward growth should give you wider lips, wider looking lower face. It's only optical though. Imagine moving one part closer to the camera than the other, the relative optical sizes change even though the absolute sizes stay the same.

• +1
If the CCW rotation is achieved by shortening the maxilla, then your lower third will increase in visible vertical height from the front and will increase much more so relatively to the upper face.
ED7r1tZ.gif

If you get maxillary impaction, the height of your lower third will become shorter.

On the other hand if the CCW rotation is achieved through chewing
Stopped reading here, just chew bro.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5818 and .👽.
Only from impaction ccw will lower third shorten, it wont shorten from downgraft

• +1
Reactions: oatmeal and .👽.
sweet genio

Impaction+CCW yes, not with a downgraft. The above post highlights this very well.

• +1
hmm is it possible to get both impaction + downgraft? Also can a genioplasty compensate for the the impaction by making the chin taller or would it look different

• +1
Oib5W.jpg

To be able to rotate the maxilla counterclockwise, you need to make room by taking away a portion of it.

Ahh i see. So even if my upper jaw is not parallel to the ground (so i would need ccw) its not worth it? I think high frankfurt plane (is it called like that) is better than a short jaw, or not? Surgeon told me that he can put down both jaws vertically tho (more height), would it help?

@DatGuyYouLike
@MedMaxxing

Ahh i see. So even if my upper jaw is not parallel to the ground (so i would need ccw) its not worth it? I think high frankfurt plane (is it called like that) is better than a short jaw, or not? Surgeon told me that he can put down both jaws vertically tho (more height), would it help?

@DatGuyYouLike
@MedMaxxing
I dont think you should put your jaws down for more height, I think just a genioplasty which adds a little bit of chin height. You know my thoughts bro, your already quite handsome so I wouldn't take risks with your harmony changing things too much.

• +1
I dont think you should put your jaws down for more height, I think just a genioplasty which adds a little bit of chin height. You know my thoughts bro, your already quite handsome so I wouldn't take risks with your harmony changing things too much.
Jfl i legit had the same thought right now "stop wanting to change too much"..
I will just get normal stuff tbh, fuck this

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4797
Jfl i legit had the same thought right now "stop wanting to change too much"..
I will just get normal stuff tbh, fuck this
Exactly, if its not broken dont fix it

• +1
So even if my upper jaw is not parallel to the ground (so i would need ccw) its not worth it?
Are you sure about that? I don't see how you could have a steep upper jaw but not maxillary vertical excess tbh.

I think high frankfurt plane (is it called like that) is better than a short jaw, or not?
I think you mean the occlusal plane.
YDqs9

And it depends on the severity of it, both extremes are bad.

Surgeon told me that he can put down both jaws vertically tho (more height), would it help?
If you lower third is short, then yes.

• +1
hmm is it possible to get both impaction + downgraft?
Yes, I think you can get anterior impaction + posterior downgraft and vice versa.

@RealSurgerymax can you confirm?

Also can a genioplasty compensate for the the impaction by making the chin taller or would it look different
It would look different because the stomion would remain in the same position, but the height of the chin and thus the height of the lower third would increase.

• +1
Reactions: .👽. and StrangerDanger