Will Corona cause a decrease in how much surgery costs?

Saltner

Saltner

Pajeet incel weeb pervert
Due to Corona international travel has been hit hard. Considering that surgeons like Eppley and Yaremchuk get majority of their patients from "outside" , could it be that their will be a temporary reduction in costs of surgery? Considering if international travel has nearly stopped and will take a considerable time to recover, the patients they get should reduce.

Eppley in his blog wrote that 80% of his patients are "outsiders". Now I don't know if these "outsiders" are Americans from other states or foreigners. The costs for anesthesiologists should reduce accordingly too.

But then again majority of their income apparently comes from "medspa" ( or something like that ) so I guess their won't be anything sufficient.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, SixFootManlet and Chadeep
I think demand in general will temporarily drop due to the economic strain inflicted upon most people by the virus. So many people have been laid off and are filing for unemployment, which means less people will have disposable income to spend on elective cosmetic surgeries. This could affect prices but I’m not sure by how much

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 616
nothing will happen
you know whats gonna happen? your time is being wasted thats all

• +1
  • Woah
  • WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, DutchPrettyBoy, SixFootManlet and 2 others
Due to Corona international travel has been hit hard. Considering that surgeons like Eppley and Yaremchuk get majority of their patients from "outside" , could it be that their will be a temporary reduction in costs of surgery? Considering if international travel has nearly stopped and will take a considerable time to recover, the patients they get should reduce.

Eppley in his blog wrote that 80% of his patients are "outsiders". Now I don't know if these "outsiders" are Americans from other states or foreigners. The costs for anesthesiologists should reduce accordingly too.

But then again majority of their income apparently comes from "medspa" ( or something like that ) so I guess their won't be anything sufficient.

Elective procedures are completely stopped anyways. Once the ban is lifted there'll be a huge demand for procedures so I doubt prices will go down.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, GordonFreeman and SixFootManlet
I personally believe the demand and prices will drop. More and more people are less willing to travel which will lower the demand for such surgeries.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
I personally believe the demand and prices will drop. More and more people are less willing to travel which will lower the demand for such surgeries.
Then the surgeons would just increase the prices to make up for the loss in revenue.

• +1
I don’t know if my surgeon will still be working tbh. Before the quarantine time I made another appointment for consultation on 23th April. If he’s still working and willing to perform invasive surgeries I’ll probably get my lower eyelid retraction + lateral canthopexy done in May.

• +1
Then the surgeons would just increase the prices to make up for the loss in revenue.
They may have to accept the loss of revenue. But, who know for sure.

• +1
Do not know. Do nit care. Just praying and sacrificing lambs to the Gods so that my surgeon may survive.

• +1
this type of question is bullshit, too many variables to control, it may even up the prices, it completely depends u cant make a prediction

"safest" preciction is nothing major happens

Last edited:
  • +1