Will Invisalign Ruin My Face

Vega Lyra

Vega Lyra

Iron
So i had braces when i was a kid but didnt wear the retainer like a retard. So now i am in my early 20s and have gaps in my front 6 or so teeth, and the stick out a bit. I wanna get invisalign to close the gaps but i have read horror stories online about how it ruins your face. Any thoughts?

Have you checked if a palate expander would help with it? If you're 20 it might not give as many results tho

Have you checked if a palate expander would help with it? If you're 20 it might not give as many results tho
The palate expander thing is really confusing tbh and i am not sure i need it. I do not have a recessed maxilla, i have a big mouth, and my tounge more than comfortably fits to the top of my mouth (i think these are indicators that i don't need it unless i am mistaken).

I do not have a recessed maxilla, i have a big mouth, and my tounge more than comfortably fits to the top of my mouth (i think these are indicators that i don't need it unless i am mistaken).
They should be but if your teeth didn't come in right and you need braces it's usually a result of bad habits during developmental years like not chewing on hard foods, mouthbreathing during childhood and teenagehood or other bad habits. From my understanding palate expanders could help with this because if the teeth didn't come out right because of those habits it means you didn't have enough space in your mouth for them to align correctly (that's also why wisdom teeth extractions are so common), and palate expanders could help you get said needed space.

Something I though of is think about it like a small pencil case, if you try to just throw too much stuff inside it the case is not gonna be able to close. But, if you rearrange all those things inside it in a certain """"organized"""" way you could be able to close it fully. Braces are basically trying to do that, "rearranging" the teeth to try and fit them in small mouths which would not have enough space for them to come in the "natural" way.

Anyone could correct me if I said anything wrong though, don't take this as 100% concrete facts.

• +1
Reactions: Vega Lyra
They should be but if your teeth didn't come in right and you need braces it's usually a result of bad habits during developmental years like not chewing on hard foods, mouthbreathing during childhood and teenagehood or other bad habits. From my understanding palate expanders could help with this because if the teeth didn't come out right because of those habits it means you didn't have enough space in your mouth for them to align correctly (that's also why wisdom teeth extractions are so common), and palate expanders could help you get said needed space.

Something I though of is think about it like a small pencil case, if you try to just throw too much stuff inside it the case is not gonna be able to close. But, if you rearrange all those things inside it in a certain """"organized"""" way you could be able to close it fully. Braces are basically trying to do that, "rearranging" the teeth to try and fit them in small mouths which would not have enough space for them to come in the "natural" way.

Anyone could correct me if I said anything wrong though, don't take this as 100% concrete facts.
Ahh i see, i think it is more the fact that i have big teeth rather than a small mouth tbh. Mabey getting my teeth shaved slightly would be a solution? I am definatley not getting any teeth removed thats for sure.

Ahh i see, i think it is more the fact that i have big teeth rather than a small mouth tbh.
That could explain this:
I do not have a recessed maxilla, i have a big mouth, and my tounge more than comfortably fits to the top of my mouth (i think these are indicators that i don't need it unless i am mistaken).
But your problem here seems to be that if you have big teeth you should naturally have a bigger mouth space and jawline to accomodate for them.

In theory, if you're missing some space, it could still appear you'd have a "normal" mouth space and jawline because that would be comparing to "average sized teeth", not big ones.
Mabey getting my teeth shaved slightly would be a solution? I am definatley not getting any teeth removed thats for sure.
Don't do that bro, that's kind of the same logic as braces as in you're trying to "accomodate" your teeth to your smaller mouth.

Do you know if you really have big teeth? That could make a big difference, because if so the problem could probably still be your mouth size as I said previously.

But yeah don't get any removed, btw did you get your wisdom teeth removed or did you manage to keep them?

Again don't take everything I said as 100% concrete facts but yeah.

Last edited:
  • +1
That could explain this:

But your problem here seems to be that if you have big teeth you should naturally have a bigger mouth space and jawline to accomodate for them.

In theory, if you're missing some space, it could still appear you'd have a "normal" mouth space and jawline because that would be comparing to "average sized teeth", not big ones.

Don't do that bro, that's kind of the same logic as braces as in you're trying to "accomodate" your teeth to your smaller mouth.

Do you know if you really have big teeth? That could make a big difference, because if so the problem could probably still be your mouth size as I said previously.

But yeah don't get any removed, btw did you get your wisdom teeth removed or did you manage to keep them?

Again don't take everything I said as 100% concrete facts but yeah.
My wisdom teeth recently came through and i didn't get them removed. I think i have big teeth because kids in highschool would comment on how big they were lol and they just seem quite big to me in general.

I understand what you are saying about teeth shaving, but do you think it would be worth it to free up some space to prevent my teeth from flaring out like a donkey? Lol.

My wisdom teeth recently came through and i didn't get them removed. I think i have big teeth because kids in highschool would comment on how big they were lol and they just seem quite big to me in general.
Nice, do you know if you're able to keep them? If you can do so. And that can also tell about your mouth space.

I understand what you are saying about teeth shaving, but do you think it would be worth it to free up some space to prevent my teeth from flaring out like a donkey? Lol.
You mean the front teeth? Imo if it's really bothering you, that should be a last resort as if you don't like how it looks or mess it up it's hard to go back and you would have to use something else, you could try palate expanders or something else first.

Is it the upper arch? Bottom teeth don’t matter as much.

Nice, do you know if you're able to keep them? If you can do so. And that can also tell about your mouth space.

You mean the front teeth? Imo if it's really bothering you, that should be a last resort as if you don't like how it looks or mess it up it's hard to go back and you would have to use something else, you could try palate expanders or something else first.
I assume i am able to keep them because they do not cause me any pain, which is why people get them removed right?

Ye the front teeth. Good point, i will definatley ask about palate expanders to see what my options are.

It wont ruin ur face nigger.

Is it the upper arch? Bottom teeth don’t matter as much.
Ye upper front teeth specifically. I can never see my bottom teeth because of my big ass lips so im not worried about them lol

It wont ruin ur face nigger.
Ye i doubt it would change my jaw, i was more worried about it flattening my cheeks/ narrowing my face which is what i have read can happen.

Ye i doubt it would change my jaw, i was more worried about it flattening my cheeks/ narrowing my face which is what i have read can happen.
I think that’s a greater concern if you get extractions. Don’t extract healthy teeth.

• +1
Just mew bro

I assume i am able to keep them because they do not cause me any pain, which is why people get them removed right?

Ye the front teeth. Good point, i will definatley ask about palate expanders to see what my options are.
People get them removed because they don't have enough space in their mouths for them to come in correctly in most cases, the pain is usually an indicator it's coming in "tilted" instead of up and correctly, which pushes the other teeth as well as causes pain and can cause infections.

I've seen a "theory" here (idk if you could really call it that though) wisdom teeth might correct themselves if you let them but there isn't much proof of that I think, and there are other risks like infection and stuff, and again most people don't have the mouth space for them nowadays anyway.

Most people's mouth space nowadays is too small because of those bad habits, if everyone chewed hard foods during developmental years and didn't mouth breath most people would have all their teeth including their wisdom teeth come in normally without the need for braces or surgery/extractions.

And yeah def look at palate expanders, if they could still work for you they might give you good results.

• +1
it made my cheekbones uneven i think