Will mewing raise my hyoid bone?

D

Deleted member 10699

Solstice
I'm 21 and I have a huge double chin that's, in fact, sagging skin. Can mewing raise my hyoid bone, getting rid of that double chin?

What Mewing is going to do is take out a huge double chin due to a hypertrophy of the tongue, therefore you will have a pig double chin

What Mewing is going to do is take out a huge double chin due to a hypertrophy of the tongue, therefore you will have a pig double chin
What I thought, ngl. So mewing is cope, right?

just go the mirror and look

No idea, but have mewed since 2015 and haven't seen a substantial difference. Hopefully IMDO or BSSO can actually fix it.

Hello, doctor here
The hyoid bone possesses the singularity that is not attached to any other bone, it's basically a floating bone which position is determined by muscular, ligamentous, and cartilaginous attachments.
Singers can relax by doing the opposite of mewing, but after years of studies, I never heard of a hyoid bone changing from its resting position.
You can break it though, but that requires an external force or blunt trauma.

My tip: After getting your tongue up the palate, concentrate in contracting the muscles so the hyoid bone is above its resting position, works wonders for instant changes.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8988, GigaAscender, kilgrave and 1 other person
Hello, doctor here
The hyoid bone possesses the singularity that is not attached to any other bone, it's basically a floating bone which position is determined by muscular, ligamentous, and cartilaginous attachments.
Singers can relax by doing the opposite of mewing, but after years of studies, I never heard of a hyoid bone changing from its resting position.

My tip: After getting your tongue up the palate, concentrate in contracting the muscles so the hyoid bone is above its resting position, works wonders for instant changes.
So does mewing work for raising the hyoid bone?

Massive cope.

Hello, doctor here
Really?

I never heard of a hyoid bone changing from its resting position.
What about this tho?

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: datboijj, Deleted member 2729 and George_Randerlax
Hello, doctor here

We have Doctor in rotting basement.

We have Doctor in rotting basement.

Yeah, like I guess a lot of you here, I suffered from depression due to a fucked up childhood.
I remembered my time on /fit/ as a teenager and how a dumb /sig/ thread woke me the fuck up and made me despise what i was doing, so I was hoping to help like I was helped that time.
Just started practice tho, will do what I can.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729, EasternRightWinger15 and Deleted member 10185

you should see instant changes when you mew right

• +1
Reactions: Biiyo03 and George_Randerlax
Really?

What about this tho?
that is extremely interesting, a l.../QUOTE] only temporary and reversible results

that is extremely interesting, a l...term.. only temporary and reversible results

Sorry for bothering, but I can't see what I replied completely even if I expand it
however, when I click reply on this post, I can see the whole answer, can everybody else see it aswell?

Really?

What about this tho?
are you 80 years old?

Hello, doctor here

Are you actually a doctor

Are you actually a doctor
Yes, general doctor just starting, so basically a nobody until I get a good specialty, I'll try to help if I can.

the jaw opening exercises look promising tbh

gonna start doing them every evening and see if i get any results

my hyoid is pretty bad esp if im not super lean

Sorry for bothering, but I can't see what I replied completely even if I expand it
however, when I click reply on this post, I can see the whole answer, can everybody else see it aswell?
I don't see anything.

so you dont have the weak muscle tonus of 80 year old people...(which the study was aimed at)

my theory (and i cant say this for sure) is that you cant just transfer this to young people

• WTF
Reactions: datboijj
so you dont have the weak muscle tonus of 80 year old people...(which the study was aimed at)

my theory (and i cant say this for sure) is that you cant just transfer this to young people
my doctor said I fucked up my joints doing these exercises so yeah I guess its not for everyone