Will one week of fasting start to get rid of acne scars or lessen current acne.

D

Deleted member 11126

Kraken
After doing cold showers and getting rid of the stress in my life I managed to low my acne quite a bit but there's still some scarring

Will a one week fast get rid of most of this I know autophagy has the power to heal scars. Maybe I'll even have to dry fast since that creates more autophagy

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy, AlexBrown84 and sergeant blackpill
If you have issues with your skin, visit a dermatologist please

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: JawMogger, Good_Little_Goy, Lorsss and 1 other person
Your acne could get better by fasting because of autophagy yes but also because you will stop eating foods that are inflammatory

never had acne lol but you could try:

one week fast
elimination diet: start with a keto meme diet only eat steaks first then add other meats liver or oysters eggs etc. see how your skin reacts
two weeks after add in carbs or dairy if something triggers your acne remove it

edit : I dnr didn't realize you were mainly talking about scars lol but anyone could still benefit longterm from removing inflammation

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: kalefartbomb and Deleted member 11126
no, one week of fasting will give you traumas and likely increase chances of develop binge eating disorder.
In order to lessen current acne,:
  • start with having a perfect diet / supplementation (omega3, vitamin c, zinc, magnesium etc)
  • visit a dermatologist and obtain prescription for tretinoin or isotretinoin
  • use sunscreen spf50
in order to get rid of acne scars, you may hope that tretinoin and red light thrapy lessens the problem, otherwise there are cosmetic procedures such as lasers and surgical procedures

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy, AlexBrown84 and Ken
I used to always have one or two zits at any given time, but since i eliminated dairy from my diet i don't get zits anymore. I think a lot of people get bad symptoms from dairy in one way or another, so i'd suggest trying that first.

• +1
Reactions: valhalar
Your acne could get better by fasting because of autophagy yes but also because you will stop eating foods that are inflammatory

never had acne lol but you could try:

one week fast
elimination diet: start with a keto meme diet only eat steaks first then add other meats liver or oysters eggs etc. see how your skin reacts
two weeks after add in carbs or dairy if something triggers your acne remove it

edit : I dnr didn't realize you were mainly talking about scars lol but anyone could still benefit longterm from removing inflammation

This is good advice that anyone with a long term health issue should consider. The sheer number of conditions that have as their root cause chronic inflammation caused by diet is staggering.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5815
So many copes in this thread

How would fasting get rid of acne scars

Seriously?

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot and JawMogger
This is good advice that anyone with a long term health issue should consider. The sheer number of conditions that have as their root cause chronic inflammation caused by diet is staggering.
Shit advice tbh

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot
Dude don't fuckingstarve yourself just to clear acne

Truth be told you have a genetic sensitivity to androgens in your sebaceous glands which produce oil, you are producing too much oil, it's getting clogged with dead exfoliating skin, creating a pore blockage, acne vulgaris bacteria on the skin gets in the clogged pore and eats the excess sebum causing an infection.

You have multiple means of curing it. Cure the inflammation and bacteria via topical products like benzoyl peroxide or salyclic acid and manager their side effect profiles by using low doses or infrequent administration. Or just power through redness and moisturize if you have dry skin, but if your acne is bad it's likely you have oily skin, after all oil caused this acne to begin with.

The other means are topical anti androgens to stop sebum production, CB0301 just came out prescription called Clascoterone as a chemical name, or Breezula. Go to a dermatologist and talk about it.

Oral antibiotics kill good and bad bacteria systemically. Don't touch this. Horrible for your gut microbiome which is irreparable.

Accutane. Don't touch this. Took half my hair never came back. And my acne came back too.

Fasting won't help you. You are at best reducing inflammation by eliminating inflammatory foods (you don't know what they are so you are just nuking ALL foods).

You want clear skin? Make chicken breast, rice, eggs, fruit, vegetables. Any of those without a ton of oil, no processed shit, no dairy. You might not STILL have completely clear skin but at least you won't be fucking starving to death. These foods don't have any inflammation so you can rest assured they won't CAUSE acne.

Use topical tretinoin, it's a skin exfoliator which prevents dead skin from clogging with excess sebum as a result making less acne to begin with. Good luck.