Will removing impacted wisdom teeth recess me even more?

GunDevilHybrid

GunDevilHybrid

LOL
Dentist said I need my bottom two wisdom teeth removed since they are coming in sideways and I'm not gonna lie, I'm tempted to. It's getting extremely hard to floss and clean there and I've had to get a water flosser to actually clean those spaces. He said I don't have to worry about my top two wisdom teeth but he said my bottom two will cause problems eventually and should be removed.

I'm scared removing them will make my mandible even more recessed. I did undergo premolar extractions and retraction orthodontics as a kid because my parents didn't know any better and I'm positive it raped my face brutally, so you can see I'm apprehensive about this.

Should I get them removed?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Lux
If you removed your premolars and your jaw still doesn't have space for your wisdom teeth to come in you need expansion asap

• +1
Reactions: m0ss26
If you removed your premolars and your jaw still doesn't have space for your wisdom teeth to come in you need expansion asap
My upper wisdom teeth are coming in fine. It's my lower jaw that doesn't have space for the lower wisdom teeth. I'm not sure expansion exists for the mandible like it does for the maxilla with MSE and shit

My upper wisdom teeth are coming in fine. It's my lower jaw that doesn't have space for the lower wisdom teeth. I'm not sure expansion exists for the mandible like it does for the maxilla with MSE and shit
There are expanders for the lower jaw used in kids and sometimes teens, would be better to try them before going to remove anything if they're not in an extreme level

• +1
Reactions: GunDevilHybrid
I have a very similar situation to you. I also had premolar extraction and retraction 2 years ago, and it has negatively effected my appearance by a large amount even though my parents are really good looking people. But removing your wisdom teeth won't effect your face much because your teeth aren't being retracted back after they are extracted. In fact, it may give the allusion of hollower cheeks, so go for it.

• +1
Reactions: triggr and GunDevilHybrid
I have a very similar situation to you. I also had premolar extraction and retraction 2 years ago, and it has negatively effected my appearance by a large amount even though my parents are really good looking people. But removing your wisdom teeth won't effect your face much because your teeth aren't being retracted back after they are extracted. In fact, it may give the allusion of hollower cheeks, so go for it.
Yeah, I've heard that in extraction-retraction ortho, it's usually the retraction that causes the damage since it physically recesses the jaw, while if you just leave the spaces as is, the only thing that happens is that you lose bone at the spaces. I've heard some PSLers say they did get uglier even after impacted wisdom tooth removal though, but who knows, maybe I'm just retarded for listening to body dysmorphic Indians on forums instead of licensed dentists.

Curious about the hollowed cheeks effect of wisdom tooth removal though, I've never heard of that before

• +1
Reactions: triggr
Yeah, I've heard that in extraction-retraction ortho, it's usually the retraction that causes the damage since it physically recesses the jaw, while if you just leave the spaces as is, the only thing that happens is that you lose bone at the spaces. I've heard some PSLers say they did get uglier even after impacted wisdom tooth removal though, but who knows, maybe I'm just retarded for listening to body dysmorphic Indians on forums instead of licensed dentists.

Curious about the hollowed cheeks effect of wisdom tooth removal though, I've never heard of that before
Tbh I'd have to do more research on this topic because I'm not sure if you lose bone in the spaces but yes I've noticed people have hollower cheeks from wisdom teeth extractions because they are the teeth right under the cheekbones and removing them would give one a less bloated look. I saw a TikTok of some Asian girl who got wisdom teeth extractions a while back and the result was drastic and she looked a lot more leaner facially, but i can't find it at the moment.

• +1
Reactions: triggr
Getting premolar extraction when there's literally no space for teeth is alright as long as there's no retraction involved, I got two of them removed at 18-19 and it did not affect anything. Yes that does mean my jaw was small for my big ass teeth but that's only a size issue.

There's no reason to. Lower right wisdom tooth is impacted sideways. I clean it with the interdental brush after meals. Piss easy

• +1
Reactions: GunDevilHybrid
There's no reason to. Lower right wisdom tooth is impacted sideways. I clean it with the interdental brush after meals. Piss easy
I'm curious if your dentist also recommended your wisdom tooth to be removed like mine did despite me doing a pretty good job keeping them clean with a water flosser and interdental brushes too.

I'm curious if your dentist also recommended your wisdom tooth to be removed like mine did despite me doing a pretty good job keeping them clean with a water flosser and interdental brushes too.

Nope, never been recommended to do so - was only asked if I wanted too which I said no