Will this routine help to get a glowing skin?

.👽.

.👽.

everyone can get a GF except me💔
Especially for ethnic who have a dusty sand color instead of a glowing color.

1.) Wash 2.) Tone 3.) Moisturize

Cetpahil
Thayer's Witch Hazel
Exfoliate Towel (Use no more than ONCE every 4-6 days) Raw African Shea Butter Organic Coconut Oil
Vitamin E

It depends on your skin and my dermatologist told me that toners are scam and don't do anything
in order to get glowy skin, you need to fix any issues like acne, acne scars and when your skin is clear then you can start to apply products that give you glowy skin

Especially for ethnic who have a dusty sand color instead of a glowing color.

1.) Wash 2.) Tone 3.) Moisturize

Cetpahil
Thayer's Witch Hazel
Exfoliate Towel (Use no more than ONCE every 4-6 days) Raw African Shea Butter Organic Coconut Oil
Vitamin E
Broderick hunter / 10

• JFL
Reactions: tyronelite
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
To answer your question i need first to know your skin type
It wasn't a question? I was saying as someone in the industry, toners have changed a hell of a lot in the past decade.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
It wasn't a question? I was saying as someone in the industry, toners have changed a hell of a lot in the past decade.
I know I also heard experts and YouTubers saying that but toners are helpful if your cleanser disrupt your skin ph and in 2020 there a lot of gentle cleansers that don't need the usage of a toner afterwards to restore the damage Dr Dray say that toners can be helpful for oily skin and those toners mostly contains BHA or others, exfoliation agents but if you already use exfoliators such as tretinoin and BHA cleanser in your routine you don't need a toner and toner has nothing to do with glowy skin I remember my first appointment with my dermatologist I show him a picture of Jordan Barrett and I told him that I want a glowy skin like that and he says to me that you can't get glowy skin like that you need to fix your skin problems and then ask for a glowy I think you get the point because I was also obsessing with glowy skin that's why I ask you about your skin type

It depends on your skin and my dermatologist told me that toners are scam and don't do anything
in order to get glowy skin, you need to fix any issues like acne, acne scars and when your skin is clear then you can start to apply products that give you glowy skin
I have some a little bit of acne on one side of my face and on the other I have acne/pimples on my cheek. What can I do to get rid of them? I already wash my face, moisturize, use sunscreen, and tretinoin.

Oh boy, lets do this point by point.
I know I also heard experts and YouTubers saying that but toners are helpful if your cleanser disrupt your skin ph and in 2020 there a lot of gentle cleansers that don't need the usage of a toner afterwards to restore the damage
Yes. It used to be the case that toners fell into one of two categories: astringents or pH balancing. These days we are much more aware of how drying and stripping the living shit out of your skin isn't going to help anything so astringents aren't much of a thing any more. With pH balancing toners, our cleansers these days (for the most part) have more appropriate pH levels so we don't need anything to really bring the skin back to where it should be.
Nowadays, toners (generally) fall into one of two categories. Liquid exfoliants and hydrating toners. Hydrating toners (or essences, tonics or mists) tend to be a really light and easy way of getting humectants and hydration into the skin. These also often have other active ingredients in (although the levels to which these ingredients are there is a whole 'nother topic). Liquid exfoliants are pretty self explanatory.
Dr Dray say that toners can be helpful for oily skin and those toners mostly contains BHA or others, exfoliation agents but if you already use exfoliators such as tretinoin and BHA cleanser in your routine you don't need a toner and toner has nothing to do with glowy skin
Old school toners? Nah, they're not amazing. New school toners? Those absolutely will help with glowy skin.
I remember my first appointment with my dermatologist I show him a picture of Jordan Barrett and I told him that I want a glowy skin like that and he says to me that you can't get glowy skin like that you need to fix your skin problems and then ask for a glowy
He's not wrong that fixing issues should be your first port of call, but I wouldn't say that you can't have glowy skin if you've got acne, for instance.
I was also obsessing with glowy skin that's why I ask you about your skin type
I'm still not sure what my personal skin type has to do with this whole thing, but either way, I've got incredibly dry skin.

Also side note: please use punctuation my dude.

• +1
Reactions: MoroccanGoku
I have some a little bit of acne on one side of my face and on the other I have acne/pimples on my cheek. What can I do to get rid of them? I already wash my face, moisturize, use sunscreen, and tretinoin.
Tretinoin is a treatment just for comedonal acne (Whiteheads and Blackheads) and large pores but if you have acne and pimples i think you should get Accutane or an antibiotic
Oh boy, lets do this point by point.

Yes. It used to be the case that toners fell into one of two categories: astringents or pH balancing. These days we are much more aware of how drying and stripping the living shit out of your skin isn't going to help anything so astringents aren't much of a thing any more. With pH balancing toners, our cleansers these days (for the most part) have more appropriate pH levels so we don't need anything to really bring the skin back to where it should be.
Nowadays, toners (generally) fall into one of two categories. Liquid exfoliants and hydrating toners. Hydrating toners (or essences, tonics or mists) tend to be a really light and easy way of getting humectants and hydration into the skin. These also often have other active ingredients in (although the levels to which these ingredients are there is a whole 'nother topic). Liquid exfoliants are pretty self explanatory.

Old school toners? Nah, they're not amazing. New school toners? Those absolutely will help with glowy skin.

He's not wrong that fixing issues should be your first port of call, but I wouldn't say that you can't have glowy skin if you've got acne, for instance.

I'm still not sure what my personal skin type has to do with this whole thing, but either way, I've got incredibly dry skin.

Also side note: please use punctuation my dude.
I'm not a dermatologist bro but I think the part when you say that our life stripping from us natural oils and water can be true. because if you think of it there is a lot of people that benefit from toners or maybe those cleansers by themselves can't be enough to balance your skin ph even that is written on them ph balancing cleansers and new toners are made to complete cleanser job.
And the stripping and drying part has something to do with the city where you live and humidity level.
I will do more researchers on toners and I will try to incorporate one in my routine.
And from your reply, I think that you're looking for some instant fixes I don't know a lot about those fixes and hacks, but I think that some moisturizers an sunscreens that have a dewy finish and give the skin glowy look.
And also look for products that contain niacinamide they give an instant glow boost.

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: Wannabe6ft2
Tretinoin is a treatment just for comedonal acne (Whiteheads and Blackheads) and large pores but if you have acne and pimples i think you should get Accutane or an antibiotic

I'm not a dermatologist bro but I think the part when you say that our life stripping from us natural oils and water can be true. because if you think of it there is a lot of people that benefit from toners or maybe those cleansers by themselves can't be enough to balance your skin ph even that is written on them ph balancing cleansers and new toners are made to complete cleanser job.
And the stripping and drying part has something to do with the city where you live and humidity level.
I will do more researchers on toners and I will try to incorporate one in my routine.
And from your reply, I think that you're looking for some instant fixes I don't know a lot about those fixes and hacks, but I think that some moisturizers an sunscreens that have a dewy finish and give the skin glowy look.
And also look for products that contain niacinamide they give an instant glow boost.
Tretinoin absolutely isn't just a treatment for comedonal acne.
I'm struggling to understand quite what you mean but here goes:
- I'm also not a dermatologist, I'm a cosmetic chemist. Formulating these products is my job.
- New toners aren't meant to complete the cleansing job.
- The stripping and drying doesn't have to do with where you live- it has to do with the ingredients that used to be almost ubiquitous when it came to toners.
- I'm not sure which part of my reply gave the impression that I was looking for a quick fix? I'd say that I was pretty well versed in ingredients and formulations at this point and know what is likely to help me.
- Niaciniamide doesn't give an instant glowy boost. Not sure where that idea has come from.