Will using this acne gel give me acne scars?

Yuno_howitez

Yuno_howitez

Walter Jr. Maxxing
I have acne and nothing worked so I went to the dermatologist and he prescribed me an acne cream, called Epiduo which in a few months should get rid of my acne. The acne has gotten worse since I used it but ig it has to get worse before it gets better. Thing is, my cousin used this as well and it got rid of his acne but now he has acne scars which I really don't want. Is it cause of the cream or is it more genetic and happens anyways if u have acne?

Also, I heard the cream dries out my face so I want to use a moisturizer after it, any recommendations?

I have acne and nothing worked so I went to the dermatologist and he prescribed me an acne cream, called Epiduo which in a few months should get rid of my acne. The acne has gotten worse since I used it but ig it has to get worse before it gets better. Thing is, my cousin used this as well and it got rid of his acne but now he has acne scars which I really don't want. Is it cause of the cream or is it more genetic and happens anyways if u have acne?

Also, I heard the cream dries out my face so I want to use a moisturizer after it, any recommendations?
So acne vs acne scars

hmm hard decisions kek

It could be a purging in response from the cream but it can be your skin simply worsening.

If your acne is starting to give you scars, consider accutane.

well apparently the acne scars are supposed to fade
Hyperpigmentation and red marks fade, scars dont. They will be there forever no matter what you do (the depressions or hypertrophic ones)

It could be a purging in response from the cream but it can be your skin simply worsening.

Hyperpigmentation and red marks fade, scars dont. They will be there forever no matter what you do (the depressions or hypertrophic ones)
I wonder why my doc didnt prescribe me accutane... I'll use epiduo carefully with a moisturzier and maybe post results if it works out.

Epiduo is a combination between Benzoyl Peroxide and Adapalene, which is a retinoid similar to Tretinoin. If you do end up getting Acne scars from using it (which is unlikely), then the Adapalene will help to smooth out your skin texture over time and even out your scars.

If you want a moisturizer to use with it, I’d recommend the CeraVe Daily Moisturising Lotion.

• +1
Reactions: Yuno_howitez

Hypertrophic scars and depressions typically form as a response to any physical trauma and damage to the acne, like picking or popping it. Epiduo won’t cause the formation of these kind of scars.