Wisdom Teeth removal for Decompensation

Tai Lung

Tai Lung

Will i need to extract wisdom teeth to start decompensating for bimax? Or i can just decompensate and remove them during surgery?

Are you talking about repositioning of the jaws? Then yes, it can and should be done during surgery. Atleast lower wisdom teeth.

• +1
Reactions: Tai Lung
Are you talking about repositioning of the jaws? Then yes, it can and should be done during surgery. Atleast lower wisdom teeth.
im talking about jaw surgery, my surgeon told to
get braces to prepare my teeth for the surgery, im wondering if im gonna need to extract wisdom teeth to get braces. That would suck and would cost me 6months of time.

Its very common, yes would be my guess. Does it matter? Just follow their instructions but prepare yourself that they need to be removed.

Sorry didnt read properly. Why would you have to wait?

• +1
Its very common, yes would be my guess. Does it matter? Just follow their instructions but prepare yourself that they need to be removed.

Sorry didnt read properly. Why would you have to wait?
after wisdom teeth removal u need to wait 6months for mouth to heal, only then u can get braces.

Thats weird. Im a scandinavian dentist and thats not how we do it here. Im not sure what kind of surgery you are going to be subject to. Describe the procedure?

• +1
Thats weird. Im a scandinavian dentist and thats not how we do it here. Im not sure what kind of surgery you are going to be subject to. Describe the procedure?
DUOBLE JAW SURGERY aka bimaxillary osteotomy, like this but with both jaw advancement ccw rotation
surgery jaw GIF

I need to prepare my teeth with braces for this surgery, and to prepare im wondering if im gonna need extractions of the wisdom teeth.

DUOBLE JAW SURGERY aka bimaxillary osteotomy, like this but with both jaw advancement ccw rotation
surgery jaw GIF
Yeah ok. I mean you should remove all wisdom teeth. But you shouldnt have to wait 6m for healing _just_ because of braces. Maybe there has to be 6m before the osteotomy can be performed but the initial braces should take at least that long.
Just google ”impacted canine exposure” for example to see that braces doesnt interfere with surgery. Maybe a misunderstanding or a nation specific policy Im not aware of then.

• +1
Yeah ok. I mean you should remove all wisdom teeth. But you shouldnt have to wait 6m for healing _just_ because of braces. Maybe there has to be 6m before the osteotomy can be performed but the initial braces should take at least that long.
Just google ”impacted canine exposure” for example to see that braces doesnt interfere with surgery. Maybe a misunderstanding or a nation specific policy Im not aware of then.
can i go under sedation to remove wisdom teeth and to insert braces at the same time?

can i go under sedation to remove wisdom teeth and to insert braces at the same time?
Sedation during surgery for sure.
Im not sure why you would need it for braces if you dont have some extreme phobia. Its not painful.
There will be blood during surgery so not the best time to get the braces in place, but shorly after, maybe two weeks should be fine in my book.

• +1
Sedation during surgery for sure.
Im not sure why you would need it for braces if you dont have some extreme phobia. Its not painful.
There will be blood during surgery so not the best time to get the braces in place, but shorly after, maybe two weeks should be fine in my book.
i mean sedation to remove wisdom teeth, obviously im gonna go under anesthesia for the jaw surgery lol.

@ccwarrior may you share your knowledge on this?

Yeah I was talking about the wisdom teeth.

• +1
im talking about jaw surgery, my surgeon told to
get braces to prepare my teeth for the surgery, im wondering if im gonna need to extract wisdom teeth to get braces. That would suck and would cost me 6months of time.
You dont need to extract them for the braces, you need to extract them for the surgery

• Love it
  • Hmm...
there are some users who got it extracted during the surgery
Standart in austria/germany is before the surgery. Very strict too

• +1