with the time spend here i could have learned a new language by now

homo_faber

homo_faber

i thought this was a looksmaxing forum
FSI research indicates that it takes 480 hours to reach basic fluency in group 1 languages, and 720 hours for group 2-4 languages. If we are able to put in 10 hours a day to learn a language, then basic fluency in the easy languages should take 48 days, and for difficult languages 72 days.

• +1
Reactions: chaddyboi66, never_lucky and Deleted member 756
you learnt PSL lingo, autism, shitposting, roleplaying and comedy. Isn't that enough education?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: chaddyboi66, Lolcel, savagetaysh and 10 others
people on http://jawsurgeryforums.com/ dont have more then 200 posts each. why? because its actually a forum about looksmaxxing and not copemaxxing

brutal comparison pill

• +1
Reactions: chaddyboi66
whats the point of learning another language if it's not English

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions
You’ll be able to communicate with more people. Also, you appear smarter.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13197
it's only worth it if you're really going to enjoy the culture of the language you're learning

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12002 and AlwaysHaveQuestions
im actually learning english while lurking this site

• Woah
Reactions: JimmyDreamsOfZygos
im actually learning english while lurking this site
Just got an idea, are there any PSL forums in other languages? I’m thinking Spanish speakers would be more based.

Just got an idea, are there any PSL forums in other languages? I’m thinking Spanish speakers would be more based.
the hispanic community is still so bluepilled

it's only worth it if you're really going to enjoy the culture of the language you're learning
Imagine not having one culture you're interested in

if you dont use it regularly you forget it fast too
better off learning a new skill or hobby

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13197
FSI research indicates that it takes 480 hours to reach basic fluency in group 1 languages, and 720 hours for group 2-4 languages. If we are able to put in 10 hours a day to learn a language, then basic fluency in the easy languages should take 48 days, and for difficult languages 72 days.
Yeah, but nobody can study a language for 10 hours a day. In the very beginning when everything's fun and new you could do it for maybe 6 hours a day. But after a certain point you'll get to where the studying ceases to be beneficial if you go past 3 hours in a single day.

It usually takes the most serious language learners (obsessed hyperglots with tons of experience in learning foreign languages) about a year to reach fluency in a new language.

I've always wanted to troll Chinese restaurants in the US. Go in there and be a problem customer. Make em think I'm an ignorant racist or something. Pretend to be a dumb redneck, make them angry, and bait them into a heated arguement before suddenly flipping the language into Mandarin. Just continue arguing with them in their language like nothing happened.

• JFL
Reactions: never_lucky and Alexanderr
I used to be really into language-learning as a hobby and I still am but there aren’t too many opportunities to speak your target languages unless you literally live in a multilingual country or something. Being blackpilled helps, you’ll notice people wanna talk to you more for your practice if youre better looking

• So Sad
Reactions: never_lucky
Asian women are very impressed when white people speak basic words in their language. Literally go to China, be white and blond and say nihao to an old Asian women and they will beg you to marry their daughter.

• +1
Reactions: Lolcel