worst part of fasting

LordNorwood

LordNorwood

This Too Shall Pass
Isn't the hunger, its the complete lack of motivation due to what I assume is low dopamine when you all of a sudden remove the dopamine rush from eating constantly. I had a soda last night and other than that I'm about 19 hours away from my last legit meal, I feel no energy to do anything, I should be working on stats homework or doing something but instead I'm just sitting here not really doing much of anything and thinking about eating. Just roaming around the house. Been like this for the past three hours. I've heard this gets better after 3 days but the longest fast I've done is a 3 day one so I've never experienced the positive side of fasting.

You can have coffee on a fast, so long as theres no milk in it, has zero calories, can help with the low energy. If its the evening tho obvs dont drink coffee

• +1
Reactions: Mateusz74 and LordNorwood
You can have coffee on a fast, so long as theres no milk in it, has zero calories, can help with the low energy. If its the evening tho obvs dont drink coffee
Yeah I'm thinking about it but I want to break my caffeine addiction as well. Knowing my personality if I allow myself coffee I will probably drink like a gallon plus a day.

Yeah I'm thinking about it but I want to break my caffeine addiction as well. Knowing my personality if I allow myself coffee I will probably drink like a gallon plus a day.
Yeah i get you. Im the same, had about 4 or 5 coffees today. They dont do anything to me anymore.

ngl fasting was amazing for me, i always felt like i had so much more energy when i didn't eat for a long time and i weirdly enjoyed the feeling of hunger.
maybe try only fasting on the weekends when you dont have much to do or try going to the gym or get some light exercise like walking when your fasting to help motivate you and increase your dopamine

also work in general on controlling what and how much you eat, if you suddenly go from eating and drinking loads of caffeine drinks and high sugar foods to nothing you'll feel a lot worse

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood
ngl fasting was amazing for me, i always felt like i had so much more energy when i didn't eat for a long time and i weirdly enjoyed the feeling of hunger.
maybe try only fasting on the weekends when you dont have much to do or try going to the gym or get some light exercise like walking when your fasting to help motivate you and increase your dopamine

also work in general on controlling what and how much you eat, if you suddenly go from eating and drinking loads of caffeine drinks and high sugar foods to nothing you'll feel a lot worse
I love walks especially while fasted tbh. Might go for one now and then come back and do some work.
Really tempted to just eat today since I have nothing at all to do and then start tomorrow but I'm trying hard to fight those thoughts.

• +1
Reactions: jjm4765
I love walks especially while fasted tbh. Might go for one now and then come back and do some work.
Really tempted to just eat today since I have nothing at all to do and then start tomorrow but I'm trying hard to fight those thoughts.
i used to have similar thoughts like that
my advice is go all in or dont do it at all, if you wanna fast dont eat today otherwise youll just keep telling yourself ill just east today and start tommorow, this is the sort of mindset i have for healthy eating aswell, just eat completely clean or dont do it at all.

its different for everyone though and this may work for you or it may not, just experiment and find what works best for you

• +1
I feel more concentrated during a fast and have more desire to play games.

• +1
Feeling better after the walk.
If I spend today eating and fapping it would probably be great in the moment but it would compromise my motivation to fast for the rest of the year. I'm really autistic about numbers like that. I told myself three weeks, if I make it two weeks and six days instead the motivation to actually do it will be much less.
Plus if I can't even do this then how tf am I supposed to accomplish any of my other goals.

• +1
Reactions: Mateusz74