Would a calorie deficit make you grow shorter?

D

Deleted member 4675

🇫🇷🇫🇷
Title

Technically it would, but knowing that the body produces more GH and Test when at a lower bodyfat, would it even out, or would you grow taller??
Estrogen also fuses growth plates earlier, and production raises at a higher bodyfat.

Does it make you shorter?

Last edited:
  • Hmm...
Reactions: janglebawl
well i can tell you being anorexic for a year and a half during puberty didnt help me heightmaxx

well i can tell you being anorexic for a year and a half during puberty didnt help me heightmaxx
i mean like a small cut to get to from 21%bf to - 12% bf, which would take like 3 months (?) i think

15 178cm

If your face is too bloated or you just don't look good, I would cut down but if you're fine I would just stay at that bf and not risk it. Height is pretty important

I was really sick when I was in my early teens, was in and out of hospitals with malnutrition until around 14 years old. My doctor started me on high dose vitamin d3 and got me eating more food and I grew to be 6’2. I think high dose vitamin d3 helped a lot because my parents are both 5’8.

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot and HighIQcel
i wont be going insane on the deficit, just like 300-500 calories, im really tired of being high bodyfat, how many cms u guys think I will lose? (if any)

Yes

No

Will asking a vague question with different possible answers result in unsatisfying replies?

i mean like a small cut to get to from 21%bf to - 12% bf, which would take like 3 months (?) i think
I would say more than 3 months unless you wanna lose a shitton of muscle and be in a crazy caloric deficit

no. ur body will break down fat and muscle in ur body to compensate for extra nutrients to be partionied towards growing. if u were literally anorexic then it wouold have stunted ur growth.

• +1
Reactions: JustTrynaGrow
Lower bodyfat doesn't increase testosterone levels jfl

Lower bodyfat doesn't increase testosterone levels jfl

???

i wont be going insane on the deficit, just like 300-500 calories, im really tired of being high bodyfat, how many cms u guys think I will lose? (if any)

Literally NOBODY on this thread will be able to know what... What type of question is this

Only if you're anorexic

???
Huge difference in obease and just not being low bodyfat.
Obease people are inactive and unhealthy + sedimentary.

Fat regulates your horomones. Below 15% is where most people start to expierenced lower T levels & below 10% is impossible for the majority of the population to ever reach for an extended period of time without steroids/peds.

unless your an ectomorph (which you're not) then around 15% bodyfat Is where you should be at ideally in terms of health.

also jfl at quoting a study. don't take ANY study EVER as gospel. All of them need to be taken with a grain of salt because it's so easy to come up with different results.

I can also almost guarantee you're at least 25% bodyfat. Everyone underestimates

Below 15% is where most people start to expierenced lower T levels

source?

also yeh, im probably underestimating, tbf, i havent even read the studies, just saw some video and he linked the studies in the description. thought it was a well known fact that when you're more than 20%bf u have a lot of belly fat, which in turn produces more estrogen, which reduces test.

source?

also yeh, im probably underestimating, tbf, i havent even read the studies, just saw some video and he linked the studies in the description. thought it was a well known fact that when you're more than 20%bf u have a lot of belly fat, which in turn produces more estrogen, which reduces test.
increased bodyfat does increase estrogen but:

Increasing testosterone causes estrogen to increase too &:

increased estrogen doesn't cause testosterone to drop unless you suddenly get rid of a load of it via an AI. Your body has a balance between all these horomones that it tries to keep. It's not as simple as Muh :feelsuhh: :feelsuhh: T good E bad

no. ur body will break down fat and muscle in ur body to compensate for extra nutrients to be partionied towards growing. if u were literally anorexic then it wouold have stunted ur growth.
over for anorexiccels