Would a palate expander widen my narrow lower jaw

vertexcy

vertexcy

Iron
im actually wondering cause i have a really narrow chin like my outer jaw seems fine but it seems to sorta cave in on both sides of the chin area even my tooth in that area are kinda caved in the same pattern, also by caved in i dont mean a recessed chin like the sides of my jawline near the chin area are, i can show pics in dm.

im actually wondering cause i have a really narrow chin like my outer jaw seems fine but it seems to sorta cave in on both sides of the chin area even my tooth in that area are kinda caved in the same pattern, also by caved in i dont mean a recessed chin like the sides of my jawline near the chin area are, i can show pics in dm.
They claim it does. There are youtube videos of Dr. Belfour (created the homeoblock) where he talks about the appliance. In theory it should since the upper jaw becomes wider. It would essentially make your upper teeth go further outward than your bottom teeth if it didn't and I haven't seen anyone whose used an expander talk about something like that. But do your own research just to be sure

it would literally do the opposite

It's makes the maxilla wider but the jaw grows with. so yes but no. it's technically wider. but if we compare the jaw to your cheek bones it will the same