Would accutane get rid of my acne completely (so that I won't need to have a skincare routine)

R

Rixinuj

Bronze
I hate having to control my acne so much I just wanna do whatever the hell and have a clear complexion. Will accutane pretty much remove it completely?

You still need cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen

Accutane will dry you out bad.

I hate having to control my acne so much I just wanna do whatever the hell and have a clear complexion. Will accutane pretty much remove it completely?
yes, it most likely will. but it will have some long lasting effects that will require you to have a skin care routine for a while ngl

to start, you’ll need to constantly moisturize and wear sunscreen while on accutane. DO NOT TAKE ACCUTANE IF YOU AREN’T CONSISTENT WITH PUTTING ON SUNSCREEN. your face will look much much worse after if you’re getting it constantly sunburned.

after accutane your skin will be really dry for a while (and you’ll have scarring most likely).

my suggestion is either suck it up with a skincare routine or don’t take accutane and just eat right. if your diet is shit, for the love of god try eating healthy for 3 months before accutane.

yes, it most likely will. but it will have some long lasting effects that will require you to have a skin care routine for a while ngl

to start, you’ll need to constantly moisturize and wear sunscreen while on accutane. DO NOT TAKE ACCUTANE IF YOU AREN’T CONSISTENT WITH PUTTING ON SUNSCREEN. your face will look much much worse after if you’re getting it constantly sunburned.

after accutane your skin will be really dry for a while (and you’ll have scarring most likely).

my suggestion is either suck it up with a skincare routine or don’t take accutane and just eat right. if your diet is shit, for the love of god try eating healthy for 3 months before accutane.
cope diet has no effect on acne

In my case it didn't.

I took accutane when I was 18. Yes after few months I had good results and after one year my skin was perfect.

Few years later my acne came back because my skin started to produce sebum again. Now I have a bad skin again, not as bad as it was before acutane but bad. I'm 28

Conclusion : Accutane treats consequences but not the causes

Last edited:

Diet has a small impact, everything comes from your genetic. That's sad but that's it. I know people who smoke, eat junk food, fast food non stop and still have a better than I have.

GENETIC