Would blocking DHT at 19 stunt any height growth

SubhumanCurrycel

SubhumanCurrycel

It’s just hair bro
If I had to guess I probably am on track to grow another 2-3 cm max cos I gained 1.5cm from 18-19 but if taking finasteride/dutasteride would blocking DHT fuck with my height.
As far as I know DHT is involved mostly in penis maturation but does it effect height?

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Jason Voorhees, Deleted member 6403 and TsarTsar444
No it does not affect height at all, testosterone is the only androgen that induces bone growth.

I delve into the world of 5AR inhibition before hopping on finasteride at 20. What those studies show is that people who are 5AR deficient (people who have practically 0 DHT) have normal heights compared to their normal siblings, and their bone mineral density is the same as any normal person.

Left and middle (5ARD), right (normal). As you can see, their skeletal and muscle mass is not affected by DHT at all.

All DHT affects beard, penis, skin and hair follicles.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask me more questions.

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: TruestTruecel, AscendingHero, GigaAscender and 10 others
No it does not affect height at all, testosterone is the only androgen that induces bone growth.

I delve into the world of 5AR inhibition before hopping on finasteride at 20. What those studies show is that people who are 5AR deficient (people who have practically 0 DHT) have normal heights compared to their normal siblings, and their bone mineral density is the same as any normal person.

View attachment 1164152
Left and middle (5ARD), right (normal). As you can see, their skeletal and muscle mass is not affected by DHT at all.

Fuck that’s what my dermatologist said as well but I was kinda sceptical thanks man I can sleep at night jfl.

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic
I can sleep at night jfl.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Don't be afraid of finasteride lol, placebo group usually end up having the exact same instance of side effects as the actual group often times.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: bruhcel, Lars, klamus and 2 others
Your baldness isn‘t caused by androgenetic alopecia and as a curry, you‘re likely not prone to it either so don‘t use 5-ARIs and yes, DHT is involved in longitudinal bone growth

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Baldingman1998 and SubhumanCurrycel
Your baldness isn‘t caused by androgenetic alopecia and as a curry, you‘re likely not prone to it either so don‘t use 5-ARIs and yes, DHT is involved in longitudinal bone growth
Nah it’s androgenetic alopecia at least that’s what the pathology from the scalp biopsies showed. Likely a one time thing with my male hormones all pathology points towards androgenetic alopecia just diffuse from the chemo.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Don't be afraid of finasteride lol, placebo group usually end up having the exact same instance of side effects as the actual group often times.
Yeah indeed i am 100% more depressed from hairloss than the depression fin can get you

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic and SubhumanCurrycel
Yeah indeed i am 100% more depressed from hairloss than the depression fin can get you
PFS is fake, most severe side effect you could get is from dut which could be brain fog as a result of completely stopping neural steroid production. But it goes away soon when you stop using it. Common side effect would be 90% erection quality and maybe a little watery semen. Best would be to take topical fin mixed with minoxidil, just as efficacious and no side effects as it goes little to none at all systemic to cause any problems and you would also gain whatever ground you have lost cause of minox.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel and Lars
Your 19?!?!? I thought u were like 30 or something

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1464, bernanddrago, owlofathena and 5 others
  • JFL
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14392, owlofathena, ProAcktiv and 4 others
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ProAcktiv, Baldingman1998, Deleted member 1560 and 2 others

View attachment 1164152

Good post bookmarked

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic and SubhumanCurrycel
It would stunt beard development

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
It would stunt beard development
Yea but if I wanted to come off later would development resume or would it just be permanently fucked?

Yea but if I wanted to come off later would development resume or would it just be permanently fucked?
I don't think it would resume. Beard development doesn't last forever and there is a time when it stops growing.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel and ProAcktiv
I don't think it would resume. Beard development doesn't last forever and there is a time when it stops growing.
Yikes is that true?

lol it won't stunt beard development you're fine. And you can always add minoxidil to aid beard growth

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
Nigga how the fuck are you 19

• +1
Reactions: owlofathena
If I had to guess I probably am on track to grow another 2-3 cm max cos I gained 1.5cm from 18-19 but if taking finasteride/dutasteride would blocking DHT fuck with my height.
As far as I know DHT is involved mostly in penis maturation but does it effect height?
Nigga you'll not grow anymore jfl.. U hit puberty like at 7 or some shitt lol

I hopped on fin right as I turned 19. I wonder if I would've gotten any more penis growth, regardless I don't regret it cuz having hair is better than an extra .25-.5 inches

its quite involved in bone growth, radial bone growth. the size of your wrists, ankles, general bone width. it has some effect on height like any anabolic agent, but hey look at the castrati. it should only affect the rate of growth

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, GigaAscender and SubhumanCurrycel
its quite involved in bone growth, radial bone growth. the size of your wrists, ankles, general bone width. it has some effect on height like any anabolic agent, but hey look at the castrati. it should only affect the rate of growth
Bone density or like actual width of my wrists?

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8473416/
"Acceleration of HV [height velocity] into the peak pubertal range by DHT without an increase in plasma GH suggests that an increase in GH is not necessary for the pubertal growth spurt." DHT treatment increased height velocity to about 8.9 cm per year.

Not to mention it antagonizes E too, low E plus high DHT could equal 1-2 inches more height than you would have gained with high-normal E and low-normal DHT

With that 5AR study, yes T can do it as well, but which would you rather pick? I
1.Increased T-Increase E= Height, not at maximum genetic potential,
2. High DHT, Low-Normal E2 Levels= Height at maximum genetic potential (1-2 inches more than the increase T group) not to mention all the dimorphic gains you would make with it

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8473416/
"Acceleration of HV [height velocity] into the peak pubertal range by DHT without an increase in plasma GH suggests that an increase in GH is not necessary for the pubertal growth spurt." DHT treatment increased height velocity to about 8.9 cm per year.

Not to mention it antagonizes E too, low E plus high DHT could equal 1-2 inches more height than you would have gained with high-normal E and low-normal DHT

With that 5AR study, yes T can do it as well, but which would you rather pick? I
1.Increased T-Increase E= Height, not at maximum genetic potential,
2. High DHT, Low-Normal E2 Levels= Height at maximum genetic potential (1-2 inches more than the increase T group) not to mention all the dimorphic gains you would make with it
Brutal shit
But height velocity is different from lean final height?
maybe I should take an aromatase inhibitor to offset any increase in Estrogen right?

Brutal shit
But height velocity is different from lean final height?
maybe I should take an aromatase inhibitor to offset any increase in Estrogen right?
Depends which AI,

Final height varies based on how much E2 levels you had during puberty and tons of other various factors that we don't even know yet. But we do know that DHT will help in increasing final height to maximum genetic potential.

Also make sure not to crash E levels with AI, that'll fuck you up hard and even stunt your growth if you do it for too long (low-normal E levels are needed to signal IGF-1 levels not to mention all the other crucial roles E plays in a male body)

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and SubhumanCurrycel
Depends which AI,

Final height varies based on how much E2 levels you had during puberty and tons of other various factors that we don't even know yet. But we do know that DHT will help in increasing final height to maximum genetic potential.

Also make sure not to crash E levels with AI, that'll fuck you up hard and even stunt your growth if you do it for too long (low-normal E levels are needed to signal IGF-1 levels not to mention all the other crucial roles E plays in a male body)
I think I’m sorta confused because from my knowledge height velocity doesn’t impact final height unless your growth plates close off prematurely
My understanding was:
Say you’re going to grow 3 inches
You normal height velocity is one inch per year so you’ll reach ur final height in 3 years

now you’re height velocity is 0.75inches per year so you’ll reach your final height in 4 years

or would you stop growing at 3 years still?
fucking brutal.

also I’m on thyroid hormone for metabolism my treatment hit my thyroid a little although it wasn’t clinically hypothyroid it was on the lower end my doctor said for my age it isn’t ideal and said I could start it if I wanted so I did.

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 4946
Depends which AI,

So what's the ideal plan? Looksmaxxing and dosage wise.

What should I be taking to optimize DHT levels and keep estrogen levels moderately low to normal and cause more growth?

25mg of aromasin and other things u said in pms seem extreme and will certainly crash e2 which is very bad (water)