Would diet coke affect anything in a water fast?

Hozay

Hozay

True Chadlite
It has 0 cals, just wondering

• Ugh..
Reactions: datboijj
You'd have the shits but otherwise no

• Hmm...
  • Love it
Reactions: Bewusst and Hozay
just drink water only
are you addicted or something?

• +1
Reactions: Clark69, MentalistKebab, WadlowMaxxing and 2 others
  • Love it
Reactions: Hozay
just drink water only
are you addicted or something?
nah im not addicted bro tbh, its just diet coke would make it easier.

Fda allows anything 5 cals or less to be rounded to 0. idk how many cals are actually in it but yeah if you guzzle the stuff it'll probably break a fast.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10536, WadlowMaxxing, JizzFarmer and 1 other person
Im legit kinda addicted to coke zero.
The caffeine in it helps me eat less. If I am every hungry outside of my meals, I just drink Coke zero.

• Love it
Fda allows anything 5 cals or less to be rounded to 0. idk how many cals are actually in it but yeah if you guzzle the stuff it'll probably break a fast.
nah ur right, but in diet cokes case im pretty sure its actually 0 cals

• +1
Reactions: Lux
Avoid it bro

• +1
Don't think it's smart to drink something that will cause calcium loss (sodas - phosphoric acid), this will elevate your parathyroid hormone which will start leaching calcium from your bones to balance blood calcium. Also high parathyroid hormone will cause soft tissue calcification.

"Hyperphosphatemia is a driving force in the pathogenesis of vascular calcification (VC) and secondary hyperparathyroidism associated with renal failure."

The bpa lining in canned drinks or in plastic is estrogenic as well.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4410
I heard coke as in cocaine is more effective for your intended purpose

• JFL
nah ur right, but in diet cokes case im pretty sure its actually 0 cals

If ur goal is just weight loss , then it doesn't matter
If ur goal is Autophagy then don't take any thing other than water

• +1
Reactions: Slayercel and Hozay
Depends on what your goal is, if just weight loss 0 cal shit is fine. But I remember Dr. Rhonda Patrick said even small amounts of caffeine despite having no calories will kickstart the diurnal system and liver metabolizing process which halts autophagy.

• +1
Reactions: Clark69 and datboijj
Depends on what your goal is, if just weight loss 0 cal shit is fine. But I remember Dr. Rhonda Patrick said even small amounts of caffeine despite having no calories will kickstart the diurnal system and liver metabolizing process which halts autophagy.

Exactly right. The body breaks down nutrients at a molecular level, and basically treats calories and nutrients the same
Because they were supposed to be together in the first place.
This stops autophagy process

• +1
I lost 35kg, all of it while drinking giga-doses of cola zero because it gave me energy, I liked the taste
and it made me feel full, it would probably be much harder without the zero ngl

• +1
The main things that could have an effect are the caffeine and the salt. If you only drink one though it wont really matter

• +1
Imagine drinking soda, period.
It's fucking 2021...
It's over for you.

• +1
Reactions: Clark69
If it contains apsartame only, then it might be ok. But it rarely does. Most of the time it comes with sucralose or acesulfame-K which spike insulin. Good luck with having 0 caloric intake and spiking insulin nonetheless. Sounds like 3IQ dieting.

• +1
Reactions: Clark69
If it contains apsartame only, then it might be ok. But it rarely does. Most of the time it comes with sucralose or acesulfame-K which spike insulin. Good luck with having 0 caloric intake and spiking insulin nonetheless. Sounds like 3IQ dieting.