Would loosing malar fat improve tear troughs?

Golang

Golang

Disclaimer: Read signature. All content is satire.

If you have a lot of malar fat it would make the tear troughs and the under eye area look more hollow than they are in comparison to the malar cheek. So in theory, would loosing malar fat make the tear trough less noticeable?

I'm not getting malar fat removal or anything like that, I just want to know if my tear troughs will look less shit when I get to 10% bf

Last edited:
just get a fat grafting or orbital rim implants. Masking the problem is just that, a mask. i don't think this strategy is your best bet

• +1
Reactions: brainded
just get a fat grafting or orbital rim implants. Masking the problem is just that, a mask. i don't think this strategy is your best bet
It would be good if it hides it until I get money to go to Taban. I need my rhino first and probably something for jaw, but eyes are probably going to my last and most expensive procedure.

Although I heard fat grafting is not recommended due to fat reabsorption fucking the symmetry, I might go for rim implants

It would be good if it hides it until I get money to go to Taban. I need my rhino first and probably something for jaw, but eyes are probably going to my last and most expensive procedure.

Although I heard fat grafting is not recommended due to fat reabsorption fucking the symmetry, I might go for rim implants
same, but rim implants are just so expensive compared to fat grafts.

same, but rim implants are just so expensive compared to fat grafts.
Wouldn't fat graft cost more if you need to re-inject to fix assymetry or would still be cheaper? If it's still cheaper then I might as well do fat grafts multiple times since I read some users got rim implants and were pretty much useless.

Wouldn't fat graft cost more if you need to re-inject to fix assymetry or would still be cheaper? If it's still cheaper then I might as well do fat grafts multiple times since I read some users got rim implants and were pretty much useless.
i'll talk to you some more about this later, you seem to be knowledgeable on the subject

• +1
Reactions: Golang
You need implants or decomperession most likely implants I think

You need implants or decomperession most likely implants I think
thank you for repeating me bhai, and DO NOT GET ORBITAL DECOMPRESSION jfl, it's like using a shotgun to kill a spider. Implants or fat grafting will deal with the problem and are much lower risk

• +1
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy, Golang and Deleted member 9072
Removing the malar fat pad will make u look older and worse. I’d recommend getting fat grafts for tear troughs.

• +1
Reactions: Salludon
Removing the malar fat pad will make u look older and worse. I’d recommend getting fat grafts for tear troughs.
Any reason for choosing fat grafts instead of orbital rim implants? I’ve read rim implants improve the undereye support and natural aging process.

thank you for repeating me bhai, and DO NOT GET ORBITAL DECOMPRESSION jfl, it's like using a shotgun to kill a spider. Implants or fat grafting will deal with the problem and are much lower risk
Isn't orbital decompression generally good to get alongside the other eye area procedures Taban for example does though?

And isn't fat grafting around the eyes a bad idea? It'll just sink down with age like all fat does, plus there's the possibility it looks uneven and bumpy which is why most surgeons prefer fillers (though fillers suck). And it doesn't provide the hardness or the volume that implants do.

• +1
I see what you are saying, where the the groove of the tear trough will be less noticeable because of the loss of malar fat. However, I do not think it will be that significant of a change. Maybe moreso from your side profile.

The issue with tear troughs is they are hollow around the orbicularis muscle which is attached directly to the bone. Hence, the hollowness will still presist.

I have a high IQ thread on under-eyes coming out soon, where I address all this.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Golang and Deleted member 4410
Isn't orbital decompression generally good to get alongside the other eye area procedures Taban for example does though?

And isn't fat grafting around the eyes a bad idea? It'll just sink down with age like all fat does, plus there's the possibility it looks uneven and bumpy which is why most surgeons prefer fillers (though fillers suck). And it doesn't provide the hardness or the volume that implants do.
orbital decompression is advised only for niggas with really bad bug eyes, a very bad negative orbital vector, or graves disease. Idc what other people say, it's too drastic for something like under eye hollowing.

orbital decompression is advised only for niggas with really bad bug eyes, a very bad negative orbital vector, or graves disease. Idc what other people say, it's too drastic for something like under eye hollowing.
Drastic just because of the risk of blindness or do you think it would look uncanny if someone doesn't really need it?

Drastic just because of the risk of blindness or do you think it would look uncanny if someone doesn't really need it?
blindness, the uncanniness is only a worry if you don't know how to communicate what you want from it and pick a surgeon other than taban or some other master tier eye surgeon.

blindness, the uncanniness is only a worry if you don't know how to communicate what you want from it and pick a surgeon other than taban or some other master tier eye surgeon.
Yeah, not gonna lie, I'm really considering just skipping the orbital decompression when I see Taban next year. My eye area definitely lacks undereye support and the shape is rounded, but they're not buggy. As low of a risk as blindness is, it's probably not even worth taking the tiny chance because what if you get unlucky and it does happen. It's not the same as risking a huge cost or something else you can make back. Go blind and your life is pretty much over.

Having adequate projection and volume in the malar fat pad helps helps reduce and conceal under-eye hollowing. Reducing the projection and fullness of the malar fat pad will exacerbate under-eye hollowing.

• +1
I see what you are saying, where the the groove of the tear trough will be less noticeable because of the loss of malar fat. However, I do not think it will be that significant of a change. Maybe moreso from your side profile.

The issue with tear troughs is they are hollow around the orbicularis muscle which is attached directly to the bone. Hence, the hollowness will still presist.

I have a high IQ thread on under-eyes coming out soon, where I address all this.
Tag me when you post the thread

• +1
Reactions: brainded