would mse increase ipd?

roman7

roman7

Silver
i have subhuman ipd (55-56mm) and subhuman esr (0.42) and i really dont want to/wont be able to get obo. also im 16 so cause my shi hasnt finished developing yet would getting mse affect my ipd in any way.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Tai Lung, PseudoMaxxer and looksmidder
Maybe? Me personally, I did 8mm of expansion with BAME (which means the expansion was fully bone-borne), no results in terms of IPD whatsoever. I was 21 tho, maybe it could work for a 16 year old.
Do your own research tho

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer
Maybe? Me personally, I did 8mm of expansion with BAME (which means the expansion was fully bone-borne), no results in terms of IPD whatsoever. I was 21 tho, maybe it could work for a 16 year old.
did your cheekbones or face get wider? cause if i get a wider face but my ipd remains the same im gonna look even more subhuman cause i already have a wide skull

did your cheekbones or face get wider? cause if i get a wider face but my ipd remains the same im gonna look even more subhuman cause i already have a wide skull

Yeah, my cheekbones popped laterally by a lot and my cheeks hollowed out. I also used to have a 'wide chin' look but after MSE it looks normal now. I think it depends on what type of expander you're using. Mine was fully bone borne so every turn I would see instant changes to my face. I would say my FWHR increased but IPD stayed the same.

I personally think FWHR is more important than IPD tho, but that's just me

Yeah, my cheekbones popped laterally by a lot and my cheeks hollowed out. I also used to have a 'wide chin' look but after MSE it looks normal now. I think it depends on what type of expander you're using. Mine was fully bone borne so every turn I would see instant changes to my face. I would say my FWHR increased but IPD stayed the same.

close set eyes arent really a failo unless you look like marko jaric (which i do)

also can i js ask how much the whole thing cost?

Was it painful??

No splitting the mid palatal suture wouldnt change the orbitals

• +1
Reactions: roman7
theres pubertal anecdotes

iirc mse + chewing can give results. splitting the suture alone barely moves the orbitals, while applying constant force through mastication can widen them a bit. dont expect anything crazy though

Yo, I joined on this site to understand the different types of expansion. I want to hear your experience with BAME. I don’t know how to message you.
Tf does BAME mean

Bone Anchored Maxillary Expansion

caged, mse does nothing but improve your smile.