Would you rather

Read the body of text

• Total voters
AspiringMogger

AspiringMogger

Cupid’s best friend.
Would you rather be molded into a strong man by hard times, and create good times, or would you rather be molded into a weak man by good times and create hard times?

• JFL
Reactions: Manletmachine
There is no such thing anymore. People are highly divided, with a lot people now being poor and a lot being rich. This isn't 1800s where everybody is poor and the only thing you could do is to become better and stronger. Now if you are poor, it is over for you socially from the start unless you are somehow chad. Choosing to be a strong man molded by hard times is basically risking everything because the only one gaining something would be your child (which you might not even have).

• +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma and LooksThinker
There is no such thing anymore. People are highly divided, with a lot people now being poor and a lot being rich. This isn't 1800s where everybody is poor and the only thing you could do is to become better and stronger. Now if you are poor, it is over for you socially from the start unless you are somehow chad. Choosing to be a strong man molded by hard times is basically risking everything because the only one gaining something would be your child (which you might not even have).
i don’t think a lot of people are rich. The financial inequality in the west is very large. The economy has been fucked for the past 15 years. Living alone on a median income isn’t possible without roommates or connections in 95% of big cities.

i don’t think a lot of people are rich. The financial inequality in the west is very large. The economy has been fucked for the past 15 years. Living alone on a median income isn’t possible without roommates or connections in 95% of big cities.
I don't know about the west, i am from EE but i can tell you that from what i see the poor people i grew up with or went to high school or middle school with are worse than everybody else. They struggle with the social standards, their faces are usually full of acne or scars from them and they work some minimum wage job.

• Woah
Reactions: AspiringMogger
Would you rather be molded into a strong man by hard times, and create good times, or would you rather be molded into a weak man by good times and create hard times?
The latter cause I like peanut butter and jelly

• +1
the former seems like it would create more fulfillment and memorable experiences.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 67558
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Manletmachine and Sprinkles
the former seems like it would create more fulfillment and memorable experiences.
probably if you get there, but it sounds like shit. Imagine living life like guts from berserk

I got molded into a weak man by hard times now what

• +1
Good times cope is funny. Good times = lack of males, bad times = male surplus