Wraparound Implant With A Local Surgeon

randomvanish

randomvanish

České srdce, otevřené všem!
I consulted with a succesful local surgeon who got jaw angle implant on himself (he's blackpilled tbh)
and he said he NEVER did a customized implant but he add that we can design together and put the implant on.

He has been doing off-to-shelf implants for nearly 20 years but never work with customized ones. He's a lot cheaper than going oversea and get from top surgeons.

Do you think it's dumb to get from a surgeon like this ?

PS : He's definitely a top-notch surgeon but with 0 experience on customized implants

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Gaia262, Wallenberg and 4 others
what could go wrong ? @RealSurgerymax

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax
Implants unlike osteotomies are something that requires lot of skill and experience so I wouldn't if I were you

• WTF
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad
X for doubt someone like this is in CZ

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot and Mongrelcel
Implants unlike osteotomies are something that requires lot of skill and experience so I wouldn't if I were you
stange i think otherwise. it's easy to fuck up osteotomies but implants can only fail at design phase

• +1
Reactions: Edgar, Danish_Retard and Acromegaly_Chad
I consulted with a succesful local surgeon who got jaw angle implant on himself (he's blackpilled tbh)
and he said he NEVER did a customized implant but he add that we can design together and put the implant on.

He has been doing off-to-shelf implants for nearly 20 years but never work with customized ones. He's a lot cheaper than going oversea and get from top surgeons.

Do you think it's dumb to get from a surgeon like this ?

PS : He's definitely a top-notch surgeon but with 0 experience on customized implants
might be worth asking how confident he feels he can get a successful result, and what he'd do if things didnt go to plan, like by giving you a free/discounted revision surgery

• +1
Reactions: randomvanish
X for doubt someone like this is in CZ
he's experienced on off-to-shelf implants he even have jaw angle implants on his face.
definitely a high quality surgeon but yeah on customized wrap around implants, not sure.

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg
would you mind to share the surgeon's name

• Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4430
Yes go with him, if he do lot of implant on people then it does not change that much from customize, its just the customization process that you'll do that change from ordinary work he do

Also as he himself got implant he's blackpilled

Implants unlike osteotomies are something that requires lot of skill and experience
did you just say that osteotomies don't require skill and experience lmao
did you just say that osteotomies are easier to preform than implants lmao

• +1
Reactions: Edgar
did you just say that osteotomies don't require skill and experience lmao
did you just say that osteotomies are easier to preform than implants lmao
Designing Custom Implants requires years of experience and lot of skill. Osteotomies require skill too but implants require it more.

stange i think otherwise. it's easy to fuck up osteotomies but implants can only fail at design phase
No, a bad surgeon can insert it poorly and cause infection, asymmetry, can strip the fixation screws meaning you’re stuck with the implant forever, cut or damage nerves, etc. the reason Eppley is king is not only that he designs well but also that he has one of the lowest complication rates from his implants. He even pioneered a lot of the techniques used for wraparound to reduce risk and increase stability.

literally would not trust anyone other than a big name surgeon to do jaw area implants.

• +1
Reactions: Edgar, Deleted member 8988, Deleted member and 1 other person
he's experienced on off-to-shelf implants he even have jaw angle implants on his face.
definitely a high quality surgeon but yeah on customized wrap around implants, not sure.
Who is this surgeon? You can PM me if you don't want to tell publicly.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4430
OP did you get implants from him?

OP did you get implants from him?
nope, he insisted to do with off-to-shelf implant, claimed there is no "difference". he also claim i'll manually carve the implant no matter how custom it is. i felt weird and, cancelled out.

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg
Bad idea. Even little variations in placement could mean the difference between a great result and a bad result. Go with someone with actual experience.

You went full retard.