Wtf is going on with tech layoffs?

M

MoggerChad

Luminary
Joined
Nov 17, 2022
Posts
6,049
Reputation
7,012
Can anyone give a no bs answer?

I'm in the middle of my tech masters degree, this is not looking good at all.

Is AI cucking us?
 
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19453, Deleted member 21044, Deleted member 6217 and 1 other person
Recession
 
  • +1
Reactions: Artemis, BoneDensity, rand anon and 4 others
Can anyone give a no bs answer?

I'm in the middle of my tech masters degree, this is not looking good at all.

Is AI cucking us?
Tech companies were overvalued for a very long time, especially after covid with the boom in tech demand. And those nerds thought they were immune from layoffs cus muh skills are in dEmAnD. Now the chickens are coming home to roost. And things are coming back down to normal.
 
  • +1
Reactions: Artemis, Deleted member 17872, BoneDensity and 9 others
A.I. advancements, recession, booming tech sector in India and China compared to western countries

Yes you are pretty much fucked unless u are specialised.
 
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: BoneDensity, pardocel, thereallegend and 2 others
I'm in my 3rd year of a compsci degree and I'm so fucking nervous bro.

I feel like programming is already going to be oversaturated since ever TikTok and reddit retard promotes it as a get rich quick scheme to normies, now it's going to be even worse with these layoffs.
 
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Jigen, thereallegend and MoggerChad
I'm in my 3rd year of a compsci degree and I'm so fucking nervous bro.

I feel like programming is already going to be oversaturated since ever TikTok and reddit retard promotes it as a get rich quick scheme to normies, now it's going to be even worse with these layoffs.
Ropefuel
 

Even worse knowing I spent 3.5 years studycelling and working a part time job on top of that, and I won't even have a job in my field when I graduate. It's truly over.
 
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: thereallegend and MoggerChad
Yes, they are making robots now that can even replace construction workers.

Those are last to be replaced. Thats a 5000000$ robot while intelligence workers can be cucked by a ctrl c ctrl v AI model. All the brain computer jobs are fucked.
 
  • +1
Reactions: BoneDensity
Even worse knowing I spent 3.5 years studycelling and working a part time job on top of that, and I won't even have a job in my field when I graduate. It's truly over.
Over for all jobs that don't require hard to replace physicality or human interaction
 
  • +1
Reactions: Jigen, Deleted member 14693 and Deleted member 6217
gpt4 is coming for our jobs brocel
 
  • +1
Reactions: Gonthar and MoggerChad
this is why u get a real job like chopping wood or being a mechanic
 
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Jigen, Gonthar and MoggerChad
Ok, so should I focus on finance jobs or is that cucked as well?
unironically all the intellectual jobs are the ones that will be replaced first, i'm looking at what to do aswell. I think only the fields that require physical or emotional interaction will remain.

Like people don't wanna talk to an AI when they go to a Doctor etc
 
  • +1
Reactions: BoneDensity, Deleted member 14693 and MoggerChad
unironically all the intellectual jobs are the ones that will be replaced first, i'm looking at what to do aswell. I think only the fields that require physical or emotional interaction will remain.

Like people don't wanna talk to an AI when they go to a Doctor etc
This is truly fucked and scary

Imagine living your whole life thinking intellectual office cuck jobs are the high class and way to go just to get cucked by chatgpt

Need to become a car salesman
 
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6217
Ok, so should I focus on finance jobs or is that cucked as well?
Accounting jobs are one of the first jobs to go because it works with numbers and calculations.
 
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: BoneDensity, thereallegend and MoggerChad
Its over I don't even know what I want to do know.

My retarted brother is a fucking gardener and mog my college degree what the fuck jfl
 
  • JFL
Reactions: MoggerChad
Its over I don't even know what I want to do know.

My retarted brother is a fucking gardener and mog my college degree what the fuck jfl
Seriously I bet the big tech companies have some fucking AI solutions that cucked those positions, that's why you don't see the mass tech layoffs of smaller companies yet
 
WE ARE ALL GONNA FLIP BURGERS AT MCDONALDS AS ITS UNIRONICALLY HARDER TO REPLACE
 
  • Woah
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: IhateDentists, Deleted member 19453 and Solar
Its over I don't even know what I want to do know.

My retarted brother is a fucking gardener and mog my college degree what the fuck jfl
I went to the benefits office last week and they don't even have young person enrollment programs anymore. They just keep asking if you have a job yet and then send you home to collect more gibs.

There seems to be very little routes for young people get meaningful employment. Idk why they don't just do a census for everyone aged 18-25 and put people into roles. I wouldn't mind being put into a construction job by the state if I knew I wasn't fireable and I was making a decent wage.
 
@Pretty @GigaTyroneOrDeath @jaw_is_law @Crusile
 
The end result of WFH jobs and realizing that 9/10 engineers are deadweight retards who don't offer anything. You can basically boil down most junior engineers and coding bootcamp graduates to Stack Overflow copy and paste drones

If you're gonna do tech, you need to have a people-facing component to your job. Otherwise? You're expendable as fuck.

Source: Tech company co-owner
 
  • +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17872, BoneDensity, MoggerChad and 4 others
Recession, Inflation low IQ thread

As if majority of Tech workers are even productive workers majority of those are fucking doing nothing

Why do you think Musk fired 90% of his employees at Twitter

There’s nothing more valuable than a good employee people will tell you no but they don’t know what a good employee is
 
  • +1
Reactions: BoneDensity, MoggerChad, Solar and 2 others
The end result of WFH jobs and realizing that 9/10 engineers are deadweight retards who don't offer anything. You can basically boil down most junior engineers and coding bootcamp graduates to Stack Overflow copy and paste drones

If you're gonna do tech, you need to have a people-facing component to your job. Otherwise? You're expendable as fuck.

Source: Tech company co-owner
I've considered getting into tech oriented jobs though my degree is in a completely different field. Are there any free youtube tutorial series you would recommend for a people facing tech job? I know that sounds pretty vague but the alternative is me potentially doing something that won't even get me looked at on my resume.
 
  • Hmm...
Reactions: thereallegend
Lifefuel ngl, csCels need to stop be overpaid and suffer like the rest of us










Over for u op and the rest of csCels in the forum






























































































































































































































































:fire::feelshaha::feelskek:
 
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19453
I've considered getting into tech oriented jobs though my degree is in a completely different field. Are there any free youtube tutorial series you would recommend for a people facing tech job? I know that sounds pretty vague but the alternative is me potentially doing something that won't even get me looked at on my resume.
It largely depends on what your degree is in. Pivoting from one field to another requires a really compelling story when you get in front of an interviewer. Most interviewers are simply not going to give you the chance to explain; they've heard it all before. That's a rough spot to be in, and I'd recommend not making any change just for the money or out of desperation. The devil you know, etc. Whatever carer you choose you have to make sure you can enjoy it at least somewhat. You'll get squashed by those who have even a modicum more enthusiasm for the job.

Tech sales can crush but if you're not hyper-NT fucking forget it.
 
  • +1
Reactions: thereallegend

@Pretty @GigaTyroneOrDeath @jaw_is_law @Crusile @ifyouwannabemylover @Nad @cvzvvc

pucker your butholes....news just came out...
 
  • WTF
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 5815 and cvzvvc

@Pretty @GigaTyroneOrDeath @jaw_is_law @Crusile @ifyouwannabemylover @Nad @cvzvvc

pucker your butholes....news just came out...
The first line of the article contradicts the title JFL
 
Over for IT cels.
 
they overhired during covid and now recession is coming
 
  • +1
Reactions: MoggerChad

Similar threads

muhajudin21
Replies
2
Views
13
muhajudin21
muhajudin21
trav191
Replies
13
Views
69
yasuoh
yasuoh
Slavurik
Replies
32
Views
217
Lefty Rankin
Lefty Rankin
Gravitas
Replies
28
Views
331
scuderia
scuderia
kiasdabsnolhcro
Replies
13
Views
101
kiasdabsnolhcro
kiasdabsnolhcro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top