You cannot become who you want to be by holding too tightly onto who you are

MakinItHappenReturn

MakinItHappenReturn

Fire burning inside
You cannot become who you want to be by holding too tightly onto who you are.

By definition you have to burn away parts of yourself that aren’t serving you

This is easier when we recognise that we aren’t what which we are changing. You are not your emotions and you are not your past experiences or identifications.

Those are mental attachments that we can choose to release.

Once you understand that we are formless then everything comes easier. We have the capacity to become whatever glorious things we can envision, no chains holding us back.

Consciously Letting go of something is the equivalent of pruning a dead branch. We now have more mental energy available to grow the parts that matter

There doesn’t need to be a judgment within your own head about letting things go either; that you are somehow ‘weak’ because you are not ‘caring’ about this particular situation.

What is stronger is having the ability to release the need for control, rather than letting this external situation control your mental state any longer.

You want to completely eliminate mental energy that isn’t serving you through a process of elimination. Less is more in that your attention and therefore energy is magnified, rather than split between so many things.

Change is the only constant in this world, there are no set points.

Embrace the change, direct the change.

• +1
Reactions: Schönling, Lygodactylus, Baldingman1998 and 7 others
How do l burn away parts of myself ?

If my penis was 2 inches longer, it would definitely serve me better but I don't want to burn it

You catch my drift ?

MakinItHappen the Philosopher

Self is just a collection of habits, both thought and actions. To change your "self" you only need to change your habits, which are best changed one at a time.

• +1
Reactions: MakinItHappenReturn and nightg
Self is just a collection of habits, both thought and actions. To change your "self" you only need to change your habits, which are best changed one at a time.

Exactly

Sir Ravington may I ask what is your profession irl/what have you studied ? I like your threads :what:

Sir Ravington may I ask what is your profession irl/what have you studied ? I like your threads :what:

Male gigilo and I've taken 2 courses in stripping. One in pole dancing and the other in table. I work in soho picadilly.

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 3946
Male gigilo and I've taken 2 courses in stripping. One in pole dancing and the other in table. I work in soho picadilly.
That's a weird way to say "I studied metaphysics at Oxford" :hnghn:

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 16384 and MakinItHappenReturn
What a crazy unhinged negro we have here. My my, this buck looks ripe for the breakin. Get on over here boy, I’ve broke some bucks in my time but you might just be the craziest one I ever did see.

• JFL
Reactions: DivineBeing