young poorcels, consider studying poker

Deleted member 5293

Deleted member 5293

volcel in denial
I learned by myself to beat lowstakes in a couple of months and can make almost $10 an hour grinding 3-handed tournaments online.

While it's not a lot of money on the west, it can make up a really good salary in some european countries and 3rd world countries. Also you have to bear in mind that this is just the beginning. Once you can beat midstakes you can expect $20-50 an hour depending on how many tables you are able play at once. There is a huge jump to highstakes, where you can make a shit ton of money.

At the moment I can make much more by freelance coding, however I wish I started learning poker instead of coding at a young age, because it's easier on your energy, you don't have to deal with clients and it's just more fun in general.

Unfortunately there are not many free tools available to study, so for starters I would just recommend watching other pros to learn from youtube.
There is a channel which I like a lot because he is just a regular dude who learned to play by himself and uploads videos unedited. He is easy to relate to and uses common sense to beat the games. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCES_ii0XLJlaE-UtmOnGJWw

If you have some money to invest, you should definitely get a preflop solver such as icmizer. It just makes studying so much faster than having to figure out everything yourself. It's all about study and practice. You shouldn't expect to make money right away, you will probably lose money when starting out. Beginners should solely play for practice on the lowest stakes to minimize losses.

I must advise you that for most people, poker is very addictive, including myself. There were times where I played 14 hours daily and messed with my other duties in life. I completely neglected my coding jobs and resulted in losing many clients.

I hope to inspire some young poorcels out there to think outside the box and not always follow what is mainstream. Poker can be very lucrative if approached correctly with patience and understanding.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 11604, Deleted member 12758, Deleted member 6403 and 6 others
there are far better ways to make money nowadays

but good effort thread regardless

there are far better ways to make money nowadays

but good effort thread regardless
I recognize that, however making money online is not easy for most people. To make really good money online you have to be tech-savvy like creating websites and applications. Unless you are a gigachad or gigastacy, content creation (aka twitch or youtube) is not an option for you. There are other means of making money online such as writing, translating etc. but they don't offer scalability to make a lot more. You can start online businesses like retail, but those require investment and founding a company.

Poker is not the best option to make money online, however it offers you a clear plan on what to do and have the scalability. It's very straightforward in the means of making money and can be a good option for those who don't have any skills or education yet.

• +1
Reactions: savagetaysh, everythingisacope and Deleted member 11748
I learned by myself to beat lowstakes in a couple of months and can make almost $10 an hour grinding 3-handed tournaments online.

While it's not a lot of money on the west, it can make up a really good salary in some european countries and 3rd world countries. Also you have to bear in mind that this is just the beginning. Once you can beat midstakes you can expect $20-50 an hour depending on how many tables you are able play at once. There is a huge jump to highstakes, where you can make a shit ton of money.

At the moment I can make much more by freelance coding, however I wish I started learning poker instead of coding at a young age, because it's easier on your energy, you don't have to deal with clients and it's just more fun in general.

Unfortunately there are not many free tools available to study, so for starters I would just recommend watching other pros to learn from youtube.
There is a channel which I like a lot because he is just a regular dude who learned to play by himself and uploads videos unedited. He is easy to relate to and uses common sense to beat the games. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCES_ii0XLJlaE-UtmOnGJWw

If you have some money to invest, you should definitely get a preflop solver such as icmizer. It just makes studying so much faster than having to figure out everything yourself. It's all about study and practice. You shouldn't expect to make money right away, you will probably lose money when starting out. Beginners should solely play for practice on the lowest stakes to minimize losses.

I must advise you that for most people, poker is very addictive, including myself. There were times where I played 14 hours daily and messed with my other duties in life. I completely neglected my coding jobs and resulted in losing many clients.

I hope to inspire some young poorcels out there to think outside the box and not always follow what is mainstream. Poker can be very lucrative if approached correctly with patience and understanding.
Gambling is Haram

whats the best place to go for freelance programming?

can you direct me (over pm if you want) some good places to learn to play poker to make money like you? and what sites anyway?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5293
whats the best place to go for freelance programming?

can you direct me (over pm if you want) some good places to learn to play poker to make money like you? and what sites anyway?
For freelance coding you can list your services on upwork and fiverr, or you can create your own website and build a porfolio and get visitors by paid ads and social media.

Regarding poker, I feel like the games are softer on betting sites, such as bet365, unibet etc. because there are more gamblers there. I might be wrong, because I haven't been playing on big sites like pokerstars and partypoker since I am beating the games on betting sites.

That was 15 years ago, poker is now full of bots and third worlders grinding 12 hours a day for the minimum wage.

That was 15 years ago, poker is now full of bots and third worlders grinding 12 hours a day for the minimum wage.
while the games are harder than 15 years ago, they are still beatable and people make a lot more than the minimum wage.
I can already make more money than the minimum wage just by practicing for less than a year and I live in eastern europe where it's not the poorest country.

Bots might be a thing in no limit holdem headsup, but they are nowhere near to beat multihanded games or omaha. Poker sites also spend a lot of money on bot filtering technologies.

What you are saying is simply ignorant and pessimistic.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11604 and Deleted member 11134
while the games are harder than 15 years ago, they are still beatable and people make a lot more than the minimum wage.
I can already make more money than the minimum wage just by practicing for less than a year and I live in eastern europe where it's not the poorest country.

Bots might be a thing in no limit holdem headsup, but they are nowhere near to beat multihanded games or omaha. Poker sites also spend a lot of money on bot filtering technologies.

What you are saying is simply ignorant and pessimistic.
Im exagerating just a bit of course, it's just not comparable to 15+ years ago. If you are from EE then yeah, i mean minimum wage for a western country, you may be doing good money depending on where you live, but for most western countries you are better off doing something else unless very talented for poker or you like it a lot.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5293
Im exagerating just a bit of course, it's just not comparable to 15+ years ago. If you are from EE then yeah, i mean minimum wage for a western country, you may be doing good money depending on where you live, but for most western countries you are better off doing something else unless very talented for poker or you like it a lot.
yeah aggreed that in the west you should probably invest your time in something else

Decent advice if you're content grinding microstates online or small stakes live. Anything above that is completely saturated with 160iq poindexters running gto solvers 8 hours a day just to find a .01% edge.

Decent advice if you're content grinding microstates online or small stakes live. Anything above that is completely saturated with 160iq poindexters running gto solvers 8 hours a day just to find a .01% edge.
not true but whatevs