Youthmaxxing- NAD+ levels and NMN?

Already doing both. And my youth genetics are amazing.

So nothing else really? As I was saying, all of this NMN and metformin seems like a big meme.
As always, supplements aren't my area of expertise and I've not gotten into pharmaceuticals since university.

do all these decrease libido? also can you supplement NAD alongside finasteride? doesnt fin counteract it? some of the guys here are too high iq its insane
I don't really see the point of sustained or long-term Metformin/Berberine use, especially for people our age... Maybe if you were like fucking 75 then there could be a bit more benefit. But tbh they're kinda whack. They inhibit B1 absorbtion too which leads to a whole host of problems with converting food to energy, and neuropathy. Also, you can turn on AMPK as you please via routine autophagy and practices like IF. IF is so important in anti-aging.

If you really wanted to take NMN+ptero, 150mg NMN and 50mg ptero or trans-resv is enough daily. Although NAD+ levels can be increased with regular caloric restriction and exercise. Don't worry about stuff like NMN unless you feel like you're getting old. But in 20s and early 30s they shouldn't be a main focus. EGCG does everything PQQ does with PGC1a and is just as good a free radical scavenger. The ALCAR in PQQ energy is a really nice addition since I recently saw reports about ALCAR helping Acetyl groups stay on Histones and other Proteins. The ALCAR is also great for transporting fuel to the mitochondria to be burned (eg: to muscle tissue mitochondria during resistance training exercises)
Green tea extract/Egcg is liver toxic, how much are you taking

I've been using it for a couple of years. That other stuff gets a little expensive, the NMN powder
200mg every few hours. I'll keep an eye on my liver. Thanks for the warning. I'll play it by ear.
Already doing both. And my youth genetics are amazing.

So nothing else really? As I was saying, all of this NMN and metformin seems like a big meme.
They're not memes but they're not total gifts of nature either. Metformin is more of a meme these days because nobody really knows why and how they're using it. NMN is always good. But not needed at all if you're not like 40+.

David Sinclair is pretty individualistic and nobody should take what he says and believe in it as the panacea. His research and trials on NMN and resveratrol have been amazing but he doesn't even do some of the most important things like exercising enough, eating healthily, sleeping enough. Taking NMN isn't going to work if the basic stuff isn't being done. You can't out NMN a bad diet/exercise/sleeping routine.
You know how a CD or a DVD gets scratches over time? Now imagine you could play the CD in an oil bath. It would get fewer scratches. NMN is a molecule in the body used during DNA replication similar to keeping a CD in oil. The more NMN in the body, the fewer transcription errors in DNA replication. The less "scratchy" the DNA becomes. You see someone with old wrinkly skin? It is because the DNA has been unpackaged and repackaged millions of times over that person's lifetime and the DNA looks like a scratched CD and the music has lots of imperfections. The DNA in your body needs NMN to reduce transcription errors. As you age the amount of NMN decreases. You have less than half the NMN in your body at age 50 as you do at age 20.

So no NMN won't affect libido, it has nothing to do with it. It could potentially improve it because it gives you more energy, but it doesn't target that system or those hormones.
Easier to make energy with every movement you make (with more NAD+), less future DNA damage. Less effort needed in the energy metabolism process. It takes a strain to make energy, more NAD+ will reduce the future strain of making energy with every action/movement you make. No NAD+ in your body and it'll literally kill you to lift a finger after a short while.

Ever taken DNP? It's a Mitochondrial Protonophore. Doesn't affect NAD+ or anything involved in the Krebs Cycle, but once the ATP is made, it gets expelled from the cell before reaching the mitochondria, and expelled from the body as heat.

DNP was tough. I took it twice back when I was a total idiot. 200mg for 6-7 days and 400mg for around 4 days. It would knock me out if I sat down / lay down. I'd wake up with the couch/bed drenched in sweat and my mouth wide open, drooling. The feeling was very similar to waking up from a General Anasthetic. DNP does have some potentially beneficial properties concerning what it can do with proton leaking and mitochondrial uncoupling. But it's shit and dangerous despite what Dr Tony Huge says :y'all:

A time release DNP is in the making btw. I think it's called CRMP (controlled release mitochondrial protonophore). From my experience, stay away from DNP, clen, t3, roids etc.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: OCDMaxxing and zeno
I don't really see the point of sustained or long-term Metformin/Berberine use, especially for people our age... Maybe if you were like fucking 75 then there could be a bit more benefit. But tbh they're kinda whack. They inhibit B1 absorbtion too which leads to a whole host of problems with converting food to energy, and neuropathy. Also, you can turn on AMPK as you please via routine autophagy and practices like IF. IF is so important in anti-aging.

If you really wanted to take NMN+ptero, 150mg NMN and 50mg ptero or trans-resv is enough daily. Although NAD+ levels can be increased with regular caloric restriction and exercise. Don't worry about stuff like NMN unless you feel like you're getting old. But in 20s and early 30s they shouldn't be a main focus. EGCG does everything PQQ does with PGC1a and is just as good a free radical scavenger. The ALCAR in PQQ energy is a really nice addition since I recently saw reports about ALCAR helping Acetyl groups stay on Histones and other Proteins. The ALCAR is also great for transporting fuel to the mitochondria to be burned (eg: to muscle tissue mitochondria during resistance training exercises)

Cool, im trying to follow what you say but its tough for me. I hope you dont cringe with laymen like me asking questions. Where do you get all that knowledge, do you study or work in the field? You seem to know a lot.

So to conclude whats the best way an 18year old can prepare for his old age, like what can i do that will give me an edge from this early age? Im a hypohondriac since i was a child and constantly worry about things like cancer/bone problems/alzheimersetc etc but I got not the time nor the motivation to study more on them since I already work on my major and will land a labor job to afford for my surgeries.

TLDR : is there anything that i can do/supplement myself from this age that has minimal side effects and can help me develop an advantage through the years? Do you plan to take anything indefinitely? I dont like to feel like I abandon my health in the journey of fixing my face/body.

Cool, im trying to follow what you say but its tough for me. I hope you dont cringe with laymen like me asking questions. Where do you get all that knowledge, do you study or work in the field? You seem to know a lot.

So to conclude whats the best way an 18year old can prepare for his old age, like what can i do that will give me an edge from this early age? Im a hypohondriac since i was a child and constantly worry about things like cancer/bone problems/alzheimersetc etc but I got not the time nor the motivation to study more on them since I already work on my major and will land a labor job to afford for my surgeries.

TLDR : is there anything that i can do/supplement myself from this age that has minimal side effects and can help me develop an advantage through the years? Do you plan to take anything indefinitely? I dont like to feel like I abandon my health in the journey of fixing my face/body.
I just look the stuff up on the internet. I have no formal studies in anything except financial risk management which is the area I work in.

No supplement to make everything better. Don't label yourself a hypochondriac and don't overthink things. Staying in the present and preparing everything so you can hit your goals and achieve small things one step at a time will help you more than you can perceive. You have the chance to be a better person than you can even imagine yourself being in 5 years time. Learn through experience and train yourself not to avoid or shy away from experiences because that'll ruin you in the long term.

Don't try to do 100 little things or 1 huge thing. Neither of those will help you. Just focus on the medium sized important things. You'll feel so much better after building your identity through the things you do.

Don't start out trying to focus on perfectionism and discipline. Discipline is important but can't always be applied, even if you're disciplined, which sounds paradoxical but it's true. Instead, change your environment to make the good things easier to do and the bad things harder to do.

Don't be overly hard on yourself but don't lose focus and slack off. Focus is impossible unless you get rid of distractions. Distractions. You can't focus when there's bullshit distractions in your life. Removing the distractions creates the focus, and discipline, consistency etc ensues.

Find a way you can live where you are busy but not overwhelmed.

Attempting to do a task with too little certainty and preparation creates anxiety. Doing tasks that aren't difficult/challenging/rewarding enough that are below what you're capable of and mundane to you will create depression. You'll find things that slice through the middle of both. That'll be your flow state.

Don't focus on all this looksmaxing bullshit tbh. I play a sort of a character on here and it's funny because I don't study this stuff, I just use google and interpret and understand what I find, and I get such a good understanding of this stuff because I'm very interested in it.

Just do all the looksmaxing automatically. You shouldn't ever need to think about it unless you're asking a question on here like a recommendation like: "How much Astaxanthin do you guys take?", etc. Make it quick and congruent with your objectives. Asking questions like "Should I take Astaxanthin?" is something you should decide yourself. And asking questions like "Is there anything or any supplement that'll make me X?" are really bad for you and your whole mindset and potential to grow in every aspect.

Questions like "Can I look like Barrett if I do xyz and take tren etc etc" are things I won't respond too. It's good to see you're not going on about things like that unlike most of the forum.

No one else should make decisions for you, ever. There's no problem asking for recommendations on things, but you need to be in control of yourself 100%.

For instance, there's a charlatan who joined here pretending to be a "Heightmaxing Coach". And sure, he'll scam thousands or even tens of thousands of euro. Only thing he'll provide is a lesson to not be an idiot again, for the people who believed him.

It's hard to explain things like that and I'm staying out of that thread because I know it's 100% impossible for me to show impressionable teenagers that they're being conned, because they want to believe it's real at all costs, like with the heightmaxing thread. It's an emotional/psyche thing that only yourself can change, through experiences. You live and learn.

• +1
Reactions: Norwooder, 6ft8InTheNetherlands and zeno
I just look the stuff up on the internet. I have no formal studies in anything except financial risk management which is the area I work in.

No supplement to make everything better. Don't label yourself a hypochondriac and don't overthink things. Staying in the present and preparing everything so you can hit your goals and achieve small things one step at a time will help you more than you can perceive. You have the chance to be a better person than you can even imagine yourself being in 5 years time. Learn through experience and train yourself not to avoid or shy away from experiences because that'll ruin you in the long term.

Don't try to do 100 little things or 1 huge thing. Neither of those will help you. Just focus on the medium sized important things. You'll feel so much better after building your identity through the things you do.

Don't start out trying to focus on perfectionism and discipline. Discipline is important but can't always be applied, even if you're disciplined, which sounds paradoxical but it's true. Instead, change your environment to make the good things easier to do and the bad things harder to do.

Don't be overly hard on yourself but don't lose focus and slack off. Focus is impossible unless you get rid of distractions. Distractions. You can't focus when there's bullshit distractions in your life. Removing the distractions creates the focus, and discipline, consistency etc ensues.

Find a way you can live where you are busy but not overwhelmed.

Attempting to do a task with too little certainty and preparation creates anxiety. Doing tasks that aren't difficult/challenging/rewarding enough that are below what you're capable of and mundane to you will create depression. You'll find things that slice through the middle of both. That'll be your flow state.

Don't focus on all this looksmaxing bullshit tbh. I play a sort of a character on here and it's funny because I don't study this stuff, I just use google and interpret and understand what I find, and I get such a good understanding of this stuff because I'm very interested in it.

Just do all the looksmaxing automatically. You shouldn't ever need to think about it unless you're asking a question on here like a recommendation like: "How much Astaxanthin do you guys take?", etc. Make it quick and congruent with your objectives. Asking questions like "Should I take Astaxanthin?" is something you should decide yourself. And asking questions like "Is there anything or any supplement that'll make me X?" are really bad for you and your whole mindset and potential to grow in every aspect.

Questions like "Can I look like Barrett if I do xyz and take tren etc etc" are things I won't respond too. It's good to see you're not going on about things like that unlike most of the forum.

No one else should make decisions for you, ever. There's no problem asking for recommendations on things, but you need to be in control of yourself 100%.

For instance, there's a charlatan who joined here pretending to be a "Heightmaxing Coach". And sure, he'll scam thousands or even tens of thousands of euro. Only thing he'll provide is a lesson to not be an idiot again, for the people who believed him.

It's hard to explain things like that and I'm staying out of that thread because I know it's 100% impossible for me to show impressionable teenagers that they're being conned, because they want to believe it's real at all costs, like with the heightmaxing thread. It's an emotional/psyche thing that only yourself can change, through experiences. You live and learn.
so many stupid people on this site and in real life to be honest,
have not ever heard of one case where someone took HGH and just somehow got taller,
yet short dudes spend all their money on K2 etc expecting to grow taller, like sorry no

• +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh
so many stupid people on this site and in real life to be honest,
have not ever heard of one case where someone took HGH and just somehow got taller,
yet short dudes spend all their money on K2 etc expecting to grow taller, like sorry no
ik man

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1849
Another thing I wanted to talk to you about, I don't know the name of the thought pattern. But I think the concept is linked to hope? like the thought pattern where people will take supplements and do all this stuff to do with HGH +injections etc etc that deep down they know won't work but it makes them feel productive and as if they are doing something about the problem? is there a name for that? it is seriously detrimental and feel like it is deffinetly a thing here.
It is just really sad for me to see becuase while all these guys here do crazy stretches for half an hour a day and spend heaps of money on all these supplements to grow 0.5 cms from stretching everyone else is just out there living their life having fun. there is no such thing as growing taller other than getting better posture that's it +LL which is absurd. some people here are just so far off the mark and are deluded into thinking they are making progress but they are actually just wasting time and money for literally next to zero results and actually going down in life.

avoiding sunlight is probably #1 even indoors, but nobody wants to look like a mime 12 hours per day because you will need 50spf zinc sunscreen. you either will look pale and young, or pale and wrinkley without it, since you wont be getting a tan either that will damage skin even further.
also i looked insanely young the day after i used to take mk677, like my coworker thought i was a teenager at 28
avoid stimulants like caffeine and nicoteine, they will wrinkle your skin (and possibly contribute to hairloss), because they constrict the bloodvessels. unless you want to speedrun life and your heart
nofap also, you are depleting the minerals that otherwise would go to protect your collagen and hair
absolutely no sugar without fiber, reks collagen

• +1
Reactions: noodlelover
Another thing I wanted to talk to you about, I don't know the name of the thought pattern. But I think the concept is linked to hope? like the thought pattern where people will take supplements and do all this stuff to do with HGH +injections etc etc that deep down they know won't work but it makes them feel productive and as if they are doing something about the problem? is there a name for that? it is seriously detrimental and feel like it is deffinetly a thing here.
It is just really sad for me to see becuase while all these guys here do crazy stretches for half an hour a day and spend heaps of money on all these supplements to grow 0.5 cms from stretching everyone else is just out there living their life having fun. there is no such thing as growing taller other than getting better posture that's it +LL which is absurd. some people here are just so far off the mark and are deluded into thinking they are making progress but they are actually just wasting time and money for literally next to zero results and actually going down in life.
Confirmation bias?
Confirmation bias?

What is better to supplement @Seth Walsh PQQ or EGCg?

For PGC-1a activation, free radical scavening and mitochondrial biogenesis. Should EGCg be taken a certain way? Like how your suppose to take PQQ fasted and/or with intense exercise?