Zygoma shaving to increase ES ratio is cope for most people

thecel

thecel

narrow-orbits brachy-skull ogre
Most people with low ES ratios don't have wide enough bizygomatic breadths and narrow enough neurocraniums to benefit from lateral cheekbone reduction.

For example, this guy—

Narrow head wide cheekbones

—doesn't have a low ES ratio. But if he did, hypothetically, he could get zygomatic arch reduction to increase it. And he'd look fine because his cheekbones are wider than his head.

Most guys don't have wide cheekbones relative to their skulls. The most common skull shape is sort of like this—

Wide head narrow cheekbones

—a skull where its neurocranium is wider than its zygomatic bones.

Narrowing the zygos on such a skull would only result in a "wide head and narrow face" look, which is obviously unattractive.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: FreakkForLife, AscendingHero, Looks234 and 10 others
That face shape is one of the worst. Wide cheekbones and small jawline. You look bad fat and when you lose fat on your face, you look even worse. Over for mongolcels.

• Hmm...
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Austrian Oak, Deleted member 8244, Danish_Retard and 4 others
That face shape is one of the worst. Wide cheekbones and small jawline. You look bad fat and when you lose fat on your face, you look even worse. Over for mongolcels.

Average Asians don't have narrow jaws.

JFL at the low-T beauty standards in Asia these days…THEY WANT NARROW JAWS :feelswhy:

A diamond face shape—wide cheekbones, narrow forehead, and narrow jaw (like the dude below)—isn't a bad face shape.

Narrow head wide cheekbones

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Looks234, Austrian Oak and 3 others
i just want it to fix asymmetry

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19766 and thecel
so it is not cope for those with wide cheekbones?

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Even worse is wide cheekbones and naroow forehead
Makes one look low IQ and ape tier jfl

• +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 19766, TheEndHasNoEnd, Need2Ascend and 3 others
Most people with low ES ratios don't have wide enough bizygomatic breadths and narrow enough neurocraniums to benefit from lateral cheekbone reduction.

For example, this guy—

View attachment 1043701

—doesn't have a low ES ratio. But if he did, hypothetically, he could get zygomatic arch reduction to increase it. And he'd look fine because his cheekbones are wider than his head.

Most guys don't have wide cheekbones relative to their skulls. The most common skull shape is sort of like this—

View attachment 1043706

Narrowing the zygos on such a skull would only result in a "wide head and narrow face" look, which is obviously unattractive.
fucking suifuel man. I think I have the second situation but I'm not 100% lean yet so hopefully the top narrows a little. But there is temporal shaving and temporal removal by Eppley that can remove 1cm on each side.

• Woah
he'd need to chew hard to know for sure. only then can he try any surgeries. but yeah it looks pretty funny :forcedsmile: just another one of those things that might look good when properly masculinized but looks like shit otherwise :feelswat:

• +1

For example, this guy—

View attachment 1043701

View attachment 1043706

@thecel

The second link talks about 5 to 7mm reduction per side. Do the before and afters of this procedure look like they actually improve the ES ratio or at least make the patient a viable candidate for zygo reduction (next) to improve the ES ratio?

• Woah
@thecel

The second link talks about 5 to 7mm reduction per side. Do the before and afters of this procedure look like they actually improve the ES ratio or at least make the patient a viable candidate for zygo reduction (next) to improve the ES ratio?

Yeah it kinda does, but it doesn't look like a big difference. Though 5–7 mm per side is a huge difference—that's enough to turn a brachy skull dolicho.

Last edited:
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 5786 and joseph
Yeah it kinda does, but it doesn't look like a big difference. Though 5–7 mm per side is a huge difference—that's enough to turn a brachy skull dolicho.
I will be doing it bro. And someone else said Eppley can do close to 1cm per side and then I'm doing zygo reduction. ES ratio is the single most common ratio for harmony (ofc everything still matters)

• Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: Melo95 and thecel
Any update on this?
Not yet sadly, consultation in novembere though. Needed to lose weight and had to save up. I'll keep you updated.

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions
I need to reduce my temporal width tbh. brachycephalic skulls don't look great