Zygomaticomaxillary “lateral swing” osteotomy for augmentation of midface deficiency

CursedOne

CursedOne

we are all irrelevant
can lateral swing help fixing shitty orbital rims?
why was lateral swing never mentioned here before?

Zygomaticomaxillary “lateral swing” osteotomy for augmentation of midface deficiency

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8758 and AlwaysHaveQuestions
That surgery would be brutal and likely very dangerous.

• +1
Reactions: bugeye, ChristianChad, Deleted member 13994 and 5 others
@Lorsss
@Sergio-OMS
@whiteissuperior
@reptiles
@Looksmax25
@brbbrah
@68218FN395

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
@Lorsss
@Sergio-OMS
@whiteissuperior
@reptiles
@Looksmax25
@brbbrah
@68218FN395
stick to the classics. My lefort 3 is schedule 9 months from now

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Pumanator, RealSurgerymax and Deleted member 399
Jesus Christ it involves an incision made at the orbitals. The recovery for this is going to be very very painful

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator and AlwaysHaveQuestions
  • +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax and Ronnie Kray
  • +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax and CursedOne
pic i found in some korean video. looks too invasive rather remain a low cheekbone subhuman
Screenshot 20210502 005353

usually doctors recommend zygo implants instead of osteotomies.

• +1
Reactions: Sergio-OMS and Edgar
can lateral swing help fixing shitty orbital rims?
why was lateral swing never mentioned here before?

View attachment 1205791

View attachment 1205792
The whole orbit needs internal rotation, only seems to fix half the problem. I was going to make an 3D animation showing this but I was too lazy.

I belelive recession/downswinging of the nasal bridge causes the orbit to rotate downwards

usually doctors recommend zygo implants instead of osteotomies.
bro I think you and many guys mistake this surgery with zso, this is for midface deficiency and not zygo with

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8988 and RealSurgerymax
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8988 and AlwaysHaveQuestions
pic i found in some korean video. looks too invasive rather remain a low cheekbone subhuman
View attachment 1205884
this is a false representation
korean zygo osteothomie usually makes your cheeks smaller and more rounded while we should aim for more projecting
the cut you see here would be a looksmin for the average user here

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator and AlwaysHaveQuestions
this is a false representation
korean zygo osteothomie usually makes your cheeks smaller and more rounded while we should aim for more projecting
the cut you see here would be a looksmin for the average user here
op has low big rounded cheekbones

how dangerous is OBO really?
Transcranial (brain exposed) pretty dangerous almost a 1% chance of ultimately dying which is hard to justify for small orbital dystopias however There are several ways to make this Subcranial especially in adult men where the risk is not much more than having a double jaw surgery .

B3133259 58A6 4D4E B903 ECA8549543BA

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: joseph and Deleted member 8988
Transcranial (brain exposed) pretty dangerous almost a 1% chance of ultimately dying which is hard to justify for small orbital dystopias however There are several ways to make this Subcranial especially in adult men where the risk is not much more than having a double jaw surgery .

View attachment 1213404
Doesn't most people who get transcranial surgeries have syndromes or other stuff that causes them to have lower health compared to others? The surgeries for them are probably more complex (movement, etc.) as well, right?

Doesn't most people who get transcranial surgeries have syndromes or other stuff that causes them to have lower health compared to others? The surgeries for them are probably more complex (movement, etc.) as well, right?
Yes and that is some of the complication rate but the risk of meningitis is still unacceptable.
Any other post-surgical infection we will definitely win. Meningitis maybe not.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6963 and Osteogenesis
Hey @RealSurgerymax what's your view on the optimal body fat percentage with regards to facial aesthetics? Common view seems to be that it's about 10%; lower might be better lookswise but can make life intolerable.

Hey @RealSurgerymax what's your view on the optimal body fat percentage with regards to facial aesthetics? Common view seems to be that it's about 10%; lower might be better lookswise but can make life intolerable.
10-15%
If you arent aesthetic at 15% then you probably need bone augmentation.
One cannot reasonably live at 10% forever that is ridiculous.

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, kegelmaxer, Pumanator and 1 other person

View attachment 1213404
Are the subcranial and U shaped osteotemy methods offered by surgeons or are they just theoretical? (I'm asking because they are safer than transcranial as you mentioned). Thank you

Are the subcranial and U shaped osteotemy methods offered by surgeons or are they just theoretical? (I'm asking because they are safer than transcranial as you mentioned). Thank you
They arent just theories they have been done and published on. But I dont know anyone who offers them today.

• So Sad
Reactions: joseph